Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default Can i recive call ?

I have registered my ATA device with vocalot, and have activated or registered my local voip provider in Norway, i can now call out with it, but is it possible to recived incomming also ?
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #2

441516 is on a distinguished road

Once the status is:-Registered . I suppose it should work both ways.Just try!
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
shezad

It says registered and when i dial my number nothing happens No bell no nothing, but i can call out from it true voxalot account that i have setup on a grandstream ipphone.
Unread 10-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #4

441516 is on a distinguished road

Make sure you havent forwarded calls. It would be interesting to find out from user of same VSP. Betamax is one provider which has similar codec issues. One thing you can try is to locate your PSTN access number and call your voxalot number from either your moblie or landline number if you havent already tried that.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
shezad

I havent forwarded any calls, but have registered the woxalot account with 4 registered account. I can call out from all of them from my Grandstream 2000 ip phone, but not reciving. I live in Norway and im not sure what you mean with PSTN access number ?

I tried to call my voxalot account with sibroker using a softphone, im not sure if i dialed it right but i typed *010 and my voxalot number, no bell went.

Anyone know if it has anything to do with firewall, portforwarding on my router ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 441516 View Post
Make sure you havent forwarded calls. It would be interesting to find out from user of same VSP. Betamax is one provider which has similar codec issues. One thing you can try is to locate your PSTN access number and call your voxalot number from either your moblie or landline number if you havent already tried that.
Unread 10-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezad View Post
Anyone know if it has anything to do with firewall, portforwarding on my router ?
Since you haven't posted your router, VoIP adapter, or firewall settings (and didn't even tell us which brands/models of equipment you are using), there is no way for any of us to know if that's the problem in your case.

However, my personal experience is that those are frequent areas of problem, and they are almost always on the "user end" (i.e. your end) where they are not setup properly.

For example, some router firewalls allow outbound calls (because you started the call), but (in their "default" setup) block inbound VoIP calls (as the router/firewall mistakenly classifies such internet traffic as "an attack from the internet", as the inbound call was not started on your end)! In such situations, usually a combination of changes on the VoIP adapter and/or the router (including possibly carefully chosen "port forwarding" on the router) will "fix thing". But it can be a PITA to figure out what changes might be helpful (given your specific equipment, and your specific ISP). And this is especially true for the beginner, who is lost in the "advanced" settings that often need to be adjusted (in the router/firewall/VoIP_adapter) to get around such network blocks on the user's home/LAN end of things...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
shezad

ok, i am using a Linksys Broadband Router WRT54GP with 2 voip account, and i have also a grandstream 2000 that i can activate 4 voip accounts, i have also linksys spa1001 and Linksys pap2na.

I have tried all of the equipment and i can call out from all of them but not recive inncomming when i have activated the account on voxalot.

If i registered them directly on the voipadapter or on grandstream inncomming and outgoing are working fine. When im registered with voxalot, the inncoming call does not work.

i am registered with Betamax Poivy for outgoing, and for reciving i am registred with a norwegian company called phonzo, i am even registred with sipgate. No inncoming from none of them when registered with voxalot.

Could it be because im using port 5060 on all of them on voxalot login voip provider list ? Most voip companies uses port 5060, what port does voxalot use ?

The ISP company has no router it is more like a swith and from that i am connected to my linksys router., 24 hour stabile internett connection. I am connected with fiber solution with high speed connection 6mb up and down.
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
shezad

Its working now, i found the problem, i had routet the port 5060 to a wrong ip address.