Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 03-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
sint

sint is on a distinguished road
Smile All Newbies' Questions Go Here ... :)

Thank you for helping this Newbie

I've juste created an account with SipBroker today and used it for the first time to make a call from a Local-Access number. Worked fine with *462 (CallCentric) and *8358 (LocalPhone).

Now I hope someone more experienced could help me with some Newbie's questions:

- Can I have 2 aliases: One for my CallCentric's SIP-URI, one for my LocalPhone SIP-URI, Under the same Sip-Broker's Account, which is under the same Email-address ? If yes how ?

- Is there any use for "Member No. 328###" ? (Or it's just an ID number)

- Why did I have Busy-tone when I put my Pbxes.com SIP-URI in SipBroker ? (In my case my SIP-URI is: LoginID-200@sip.pbxes.com where 200 is an extension registered at the moment by my Home's SPA2102.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by sint; 03-23-2010 at 08:46 PM.
sint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sint View Post
Thank you for helping this Newbie

I've juste created an account with SipBroker today and used it for the first time to make a call from a Local-Access number. Worked fine with *462 (CallCentric) and *8358 (LocalPhone).

Now I hope someone more experienced could help me with some Newbie's questions:

- Can I have 2 aliases: One for my CallCentric's SIP-URI, one for my LocalPhone SIP-URI, Under the same Sip-Broker's Account, which is under the same Email-address ? If yes how ?

- Is there any use for "Member No. 328###" ? (Or it's just an ID number)

- Why did I have Busy-tone when I put my Pbxes.com SIP-URI in SipBroker ? (In my case my SIP-URI is: LoginID-200@sip.pbxes.com where 200 is an extension registered at the moment by my Home's SPA2102.

Thanks again for your help.
-The SipBroker accts are linked to the SIP URI for which you have added an alias...

If you want to create another alias you'll have to create another SipBroker acct.... but you should be able to sue the same email adress when registering...

-PBXes has an issue (or maybe a trick) that so far we haven't quite figured out in terms of receiving inbound SIP URI calls at an extension directly...
The easiest work-around is get a VoXalot acct. which you can add as a Trunk in PBXes and point to your extension. Calling the *010123456 (where 123456 is VoXalot Acct. Number) from SipBroker should then let you get into PBXes...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
pinazo

pinazo is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
-PBXes has an issue (or maybe a trick) that so far we haven't quite figured out in terms of receiving inbound SIP URI calls at an extension directly...
Documentation about this (receiving calls through sipbroker directly, not using voxalot, callcentric, etc.) is confusing.
I have Elastix 2.0.
When I try to make a call from the outside to my extension using sipbroker, Asterisk states: "Call from 'sipbroker' to extension '204' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-trunk-sip-sipbroker'."

In the Asterisk config page (at sipbroker.com) it says "In extensions.conf, you need to define the context [sipbroker_inbound]. For example, if you want to enable calling *1234 567890 from SIP Broker's partners, the extension 567890 must exist in [sipbroker_inbound] in your dialplan"

How do I do that? First of all, if I open extensions.conf, it says "; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui."
Where do I insert the approppriate command through the web GUI? And what should the command say?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by pinazo; 08-21-2010 at 05:00 PM.
pinazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
jozef

jozef is on a distinguished road
Default PBXes - incoming calls

When you log in to PBXes you see:
Quote:
Welcome
People Can reach your PBX by calling LoginID@pbxes.org
SIP URIs can also be:
LoginID@sip.pbxes.org
LoginID@pbxes.com
LoginID@sip.pbxes.com

If you have only one Extension for incoming calls, you will only need one blank Incoming Route pointed to your Extension.

It does not matter what you type in the SIP URI after LoginID or from which provider coming call in, everything is pointed to your Extension by the blank Incoming Route.

With several extension number you need more Incoming Route's:
Code:
    SIP URI          ; Incoming Route; Extension
LoginID@pbxes.org    ;               ;     200
LoginID-200@pbxes.org; LoginID-200   ;     200
LoginID-201@pbxes.org; LoginID-201   ;     201
LoginID-202@pbxes.org; LoginID-202   ;     202
If someone calls the SIP URI LoginID-900@pbxes.org call is connected to extention 200 by blank Incoming Route.
jozef is offline   Reply With Quote