Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:32 AM   #11
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

Kurun: Thanks. I just went to their FAQ to see if it was similar to VoipDiscount.

smz: you can customize the Smart Call (Dial Plan) to send the number through whatever provider you want. If you want the option to use multiple providers without having to change it on the web page you can also do that. Take a look at my post in the Post Your VoXaLot Dial Plan message thread. I have the following in my dial plan:
Code:
Priority  Pattern  	Replacement      Provider
51 	  _#1XX.         ${EXTEN:2}       Voxee
52 	  _#2XX. 	 ${EXTEN:2}       PlainVoip
53 	  _#3XX.         ${EXTEN:2}       Vbuzzer
This allows me to enter #1+Number to route through Voxee, #2+Number to route through PlainVoip, ... You could set this up for as many providers as you need. You could even route specific numbers to a specific provider using this method (although Speed Dial may be easier).

Or do you mean adding providers to the Voice Service Provider List?
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:07 AM   #12
smz

smz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smz
Default General Question about Membership Reply to Thread

OK thanks for the response. I guess I still am confused on one part.

You mention about placing a call through Voxee, etc like #1, etc.

But your second question was registering additional providers as
voice service provider lists. So my question now is, what is the difference between your setup and using the registration option?

Keep in mind in my case, I am only concerned with outbound calls as my Grandcentral to Freedigits to Voxalot inbound is perfect. Right now it would be nice to have one dial tone (voxalot) and be able to get calls and then make calls through Voipcheap where I still have 2 months of free calls to the US and as most people know, it's only like $10 to refill it and get 90 days each time you do it.

Anyhow, I hope my question isn't too confusing. In your dialplan, are these appended to the already posted Generic dial plan? Because after entering
([x*][x*].) as my dial plan on voxalot, I can dial any extention on voxalot and the *010 works awesome.

Thanks for your patience is helping out this Senior tech who is an amateur at this stuff.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp View Post
Kurun: Thanks. I just went to their FAQ to see if it was

similar to VoipDiscount.

smz: you can customize the Smart Call (Dial Plan) to send the number through whatever provider you want. If you want the option to use multiple providers without having to change it on the web page you can also do that. Take a look at my post in the Post Your VoXaLot Dial Plan message thread. I have the following in my dial plan:
Code:
Priority  Pattern  	Replacement      Provider
51 	  _#1XX.         ${EXTEN:2}       Voxee
52 	  _#2XX. 	 ${EXTEN:2}       PlainVoip
53 	  _#3XX.         ${EXTEN:2}       Vbuzzer
This allows me to enter #1+Number to route through Voxee, #2+Number to route through PlainVoip, ... You could set this up for as many providers as you need. You could even route specific numbers to a specific provider using this method (although Speed Dial may be easier).

Or do you mean adding providers to the Voice Service Provider List?
smz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #13
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

On your SPA2002 keep your dial plan as ([x*][x*]) for now.

Now about registering providers. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. To use any provider they must be listed in the Voice Service Provider List. When you add a service provider an option will be SIP Register which you can leave as No. This is usually only needed to receive calls from providers that do not allow SIP forwarding.

If you only want to make calls using VoipCheap then you first have to add them to the Voice Service Provider List. Then go to Smart Call and click Add. Enter the following:

Priority* 1
Comment (whatever, can leave blank)
If the number* begins with XXXXXXX
then route to* VoipCheap

Then click Save. You should now see this on your Smart Call List:
# Pattern Replacement Provider Active
1 _XXXXXXX. ${EXTEN} VoipDiscou... Yes

You can test a number at the bottom of the list using the Dial Plan Test. Just enter whatever phone number and hit Test Call. Hopefully you will see something like:
A call to:15551234567 will get forwarded to sip:15551234567@sip.voipcheap.com
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
smz

Thumbs up General Question about Membership Reply to Thread

Wow, that was very detailed and unexpected. I am going to try that right away. You hit it on the button for what I was asking about. Just for kicks, am I guessing that Sunrocket is/was never on the provider list? I only ask that because they may be bankrupt, but Teleblend didn't take over SR, they bought the data center. So everything is still running like before and I may want to make an occasional call.

You know I played with the speed dial, it didn't seem like you had very many digits to work with while setting up a uri... I mean myusername@sip.voipcheap.com would certainly not fit. maybe that is not the place, but it does have a URI option.

But once again, thanks for the step by step. I will give it a shot!

Have a great one.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp View Post
On your SPA2002 keep your dial plan as ([x*][x*]) for now.

Now about registering providers. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. To use any provider they must be listed in the Voice Service Provider List. When you add a service provider an option will be SIP Register which you can leave as No. This is usually only needed to receive calls from providers that do not allow SIP forwarding.

If you only want to make calls using VoipCheap then you first have to add them to the Voice Service Provider List. Then go to Smart Call and click Add. Enter the following:

Priority* 1
Comment (whatever, can leave blank)
If the number* begins with XXXXXXX
then route to* VoipCheap

Then click Save. You should now see this on your Smart Call List:
1 _XXXXXXX. ${EXTEN} VoipDiscou... Yes

You can test a number at the bottom of the list using the Dial Plan Test. Just enter whatever phone number and hit Test Call. Hopefully you will see something like:
A call to:15551234567 will get forwarded to sip:15551234567@sip.voipcheap.com
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #15
smz

OK I want to follow up with my experience and test using the great advise I have been given here. Yes, I tested the configuration after inputing all the settings and voxalot's dial plan test tells me that dialing a usa number with a 1 in front of it routes directly to voipcheap. However I get nada when I actually do this. I have always found it wants 01 first so for USA 0118185551212 for instance. But that input you gave me passes 11 digits to voipcheap and not the 13 that I am used to putting in.

Now that I have a little idea of how some of this works, I will be interested in seeing if I can try to create this as priority 2 and do a priority 1 test and figure a way to pass 011 over. I think in previous posts in this thread someone posted a way to do it and then was corrected that voipcheap doesn't require 011 anymore.

This of course may also be that I am still running the bone stock Dial Plan you gave me. I will fully read up the link both You and Martin have sent about the ins and outs of the dial plan. It would be nice to learn some things about it.

FYI: I just bricked my new backup ATA but doing a factory reset on what I thought was a sandbox network but wasn't just to find out that I have a locked Earthlink SPA2002 ata... So My PAP2 is back on the phone system it used to be on and I am on my first adapter which is the SPA1001. Now I have a sunrocket option and Voxalot on one telephone. It has it's beneifits and disadvantages too. Would love to get my real pots landline on the same phone but I don't have a two line phone and I don't even think the Sipura 3002 lets you do that exactly.

Anyhow. I just both the SPA2002 the other night so time for an exchange.

Sorry If I am cluttering up the board with my posts but I am eager to learn some of this so I can begin to give advice to others... This is sort of how my brain works.

Scott
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #16
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

smz,

here are my dialplans with some comments

ffffff is the no of a friend with voxalot

6 _ffffff *031ffffff Voxalot
if I (or eg the speed-dial pf my phone) dial my friends phone no. voxalot
should add the correct Voip-Area-code for voxalot's european server for direct connection. Kind of complete replacement.

22 _0720Z. 0043123${EXTEN} VoIPDiscou...
As the Austrian Area-code vor voips (0720 or 0043 720) somtimes causes problems (aqnd is very expensive!) and we have a viennese tel.no. that as well connects to the Voip.Net (if you have an e.164-entry) I want the 0720 to be replaced by that viennese tel.no.: 0043 1 230720 ..

23 _0043720Z. 00431230${EXTEN:4} VoIPDiscou...
same as #22 but with Austrian country code: so the first 4 numbers must be eliminated!

77 _ZXXX. 00431${EXTEN} VoIPDiscou...
any number without a leading 0 (= either area- or country-code)
should be dialed with the viennese prefix: 0043 1

78 _0ZXXXX. 0043${EXTEN:1} VoIPDiscou...
any number with only 1 leading 0 (= area-code within Austria)
should be dialed with the Austrian prefix but without the first 0.

79 _00ZXXXXXX. ${EXTEN} VoIPDiscou...
Dial as given

All is sent to my provider VoipDiscount..

Hope that helps,
Carl
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
smz

Default General Question about Membership

That sheds a little insight though I think at this point if anyone can provide me with just the ability to dial out on sipphone using my voxalot dial tone it would be great. WMP did a great job and helped me out a lot, it just appears something is missing because the dial plan test shows 11 digits passed to voipcheap but my experience is they like 01(1)123-5551212 for a usa number.

I want to at least try to see if that extra 01 can be pushed to the dial plan or smart dialing, or however it works. Speed dial and stuff is very cool but I will have more than enough time to play once I have a basic setup. I must admit I would love to add sunrocket as an alternate outbound provider but under no circumstances do I want incoming sunrocket calls to come through.

I'm sure to many what I am asking is trivial, but to me the dialplan is as confusing as c++ was to me before I learned C. Now I can look at source code and know exactly whats going on. I just have to get the "general" environment settings down pat.

By the way, I am one of these dumbos who didn't want to spend the money way back when on multi handset cordless phones so I have many with only one handset. My one multi handset combo is on the verge of death as it won't hold or take a charge on either phone anymore. ARGH.

So the question is... Does voxalot have a limit to how many different ATA's can login/register the same 6 digit ID?

Thanks to Sunrocket going out of business, I have 3 free gizmos. All the passports to unlock them were posted once it was official they were bankrupt so I can put an ata on each phone (so how many folks out here own 5 unlocked ATA's?) actually I have 3 more D-link 1120-S models that were AT&T branded and then flashed to the -S unlocked version. But it is big and bulky so they are collecting dust. So really I guess I have 8. LOL

Scott
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #18
casch

hmm, smz,

to me is not quite clear what you want.
Most probally you are abel to set up a first dial plan 'in' your ATA or softphone and second one at voxalot.
I have set my ATA's dial plan to
([x*][x*].)
(incl (), this is for my Linksys-Sipura SPA941) so that anything is sent to voxalot as it is.
At voxalot everything is done, and I have one point to look at - exept my ATA's speed dial.

Well let's try this:
just post what you want (have to) dial into your ATA and what what should come be sent to voxalot and/or from voxalot to your final provider?

Like:
111222333 => 001 999 111222333 (your neighbour)...
where 001 USA-code, 999 your area code, 111222333 neighbour's no.

ok?
Carl
Unread 08-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
smz

OK here is an example, and thanks carl for helping me out... Kudos to you.

Default provider for outbound at this time will be sip.voipcheap.com.
I am using the ([x*][x*].) dialplan in all of my ATA's. Since I don't know if there is a limit to how many ata's can register the same 6 digit voxalot number, for the sake of this conversation and any testing I do, will be using a Linksys / Sipura SPA1001, same interface & menu as SPA2002. Just one jack with access to line two by pressing #.

So just say I want to call my friend Mike who is long distance and is in Reno, NV. Keep in mind I live in Los Angeles, area code 818. His area code is 775.

I am not interested at this time in shortcuts or speed dials... just plain every day numbers. So if I pickup the phone I have a voxalot dialtone. I want to dial 1-775-555-6666, just say that is mike's number. Right now with all the instructions WMP has given me. The dialplan tells me it is sending (1) (USA Areacode) (7 digit number)

I am getting a fast busy (reorder) when making any call in that format.
Now unless I am misinformed, voipcheap, voipbuster, etc all require 01-1-775-555-6666 to make the call better know to me as 011 (10 digit usa phone)

so assuming they still want that 011, I guess I am asking for the string that would pass the above to voipcheap. At this time, there are no plans for any international calling. Strictly USA.

I would like to have a second provider registered but they require an outbound proxy and auth ID which looks like voxalot's web panel doesn't have. so I'll stick with voipcheap for now.

I am online now and I see you are as well if you want to do this via PM?

Thanks again for your help.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by casch View Post
hmm, smz,

to me is not quite clear what you want.
Most probally you are abel to set up a first dial plan 'in' your ATA or softphone and second one at voxalot.
I have set my ATA's dial plan to
([x*][x*].)
(incl (), this is for my Linksys-Sipura SPA941) so that anything is sent to voxalot as it is.
At voxalot everything is done, and I have one point to look at - exept my ATA's speed dial.

Well let's try this:
just post what you want (have to) dial into your ATA and what what should come be sent to voxalot and/or from voxalot to your final provider?

Like:
111222333 => 001 999 111222333 (your neighbour)...
where 001 USA-code, 999 your area code, 111222333 neighbour's no.

ok?
Carl
Unread 08-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
casch

ok, let's have this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smz View Post
So just say I want to call my friend Mike who is long distance and is in Reno, NV. Keep in mind I live in Los Angeles, area code 818. His area code is 775.

I am not interested at this time in shortcuts or speed dials... just plain every day numbers. So if I pickup the phone I have a voxalot dialtone. I want to dial 1-775-555-6666, just say that is mike's number. Right now with all the instructions WMP has given me. The dialplan tells me it is sending (1) (USA Areacode) (7 digit number)
Scott
Acc. to voipcheap's instructions.html: "Please note that when you call a number (even if it's local) you should always dial 00 + countrycode + areacode + subscribernumber"

You have to dial finally 0017755556666
Let me assume that all your calls outside LA you would start with a 1 (USA country code) ok, in this case your dialplan could look like
_1ZXXZXX. 001${EXTEN} VoipCheap
This means all no. like:
1 1-9 0-9 0-9 1-9 0-9 0-9 ..
will be dialed as 001...

I assume now that NONE local tel.no. in LA starts with 1:
If you want to call your neighbour at 7778888 and you would like to dial
7778888 your dialplan could look like
_NXXXXX. 001818${EXTEN} VoipCheap
This means the dieal no. has to start with 2..9

You probably know this link

Carl