Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 10-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #41
Danny Z

Danny Z is on a distinguished road

The Montreal number from link2voip is giving "the number you have dialed is currently unavailable, thank you from link2voip"
The same goes for the Philadelphia number
Danny Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #42
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremmarc View Post
@emoci thanks bro, you answered more in depth. Muinch number again works without a problem.

I have few questions:
Im new to this, everything seems like fun, with knowledge. Im wondering what means call forwarding service usually? Does it mean call forward from account to landline/mobile phone or call forwarding means from one sip account to another sip account?

Is it possible for real landline number/mobile number becomes sort of real DID so that did can connect to sipbroker as a gateway for example and through that call other sip accounts?

Or also other way is it possible to link real landline/mobile phone so when ringing to that num actually direcly connect to particular voxalot account only somehow?

Im wondering is it possible to forward call from sip account to mobile phone directly?

Hope its not too many questions

Thanks alot for your detailed explanation.

Cheers!

Call Forwarding:
This, at least in VoXalot means you can forward a call to a regular number (however VoXalot itself will not call this numbers, but will let you use a provider that does do outgoing calls and send the number so that provider dials it) It can also mean forwarding to another SIP URI, this is also an option.
Furthermore you can decide which calls are forwarded based on the person calling, or the provider via which the call is coming.

So calls that come to VoXalot can be made to ring VoXalot, an actual Landline or CellPhone number (see PhoneGnome for possibly being able to receive calls to certain numbers depending on where you reside for free), or another SIP Account with another VoIP provider that accepts sip calls from other networks (this is a quick summary of what CallForwarding does)

In terms of Numbers/DIDs: All SipBroker numbers are actually DIDs not PSTN numbers in the proper sense of the word. My understanding of how DID numbers come about: Big company goes to actual Telco and buys a range of numbers from various area codes. So now whenever you call these numbers, Telco sends them (the calls) over to the company (will call it DID company)..... DID company is the point where the call comes in via real telephone line, from there on they route the call via the internet....
So in summary you propably would not be able to turn your cell number into a DID (however if your Mobile company allows porting, and you can find a VoIP provider that supports porting, you can port the cell number into a VoIP/DID number,many people who signed up with Vonage or other companies that support porting and wanted to keep their current number have done just that, ported over from one company to the next.)

The less costly more efficient way of getting a DID number hooked to SipBroker is to get one from a company and have martin add it to the Asterisk server (if you want to share it with others) or convince a company to sponsor a DID in the area you want (in most cases DID providers pull in profit the more calls a number receives because the Telco may pay them for every call that the Telco has to send to the DID company for termination)

If you want more of a "Private Access Number" to SipBroker, getting a DID and pointing it to a SIP URI associated with one of the numbers already terminating to SipBroker is the easier option....

Again if you want to have a number (a real telephone number ring your VoXalot account) then getting a DID from somewhere and either pointing it to your VoXalot URI (can be done with VoXBasic) or SIP Registering it in VoXalot (requires Premium acct) will make it so whenever someone rings that number, VoXalot actually rings.

I hope it is slightly clearer (summary though, short of being able to port a number from landline or cell to a VoIP provider, it's much more convenient to buy a Dedicated DID....which conveniently can be set to ring your VoXalot account or your actual CellNumber as required)

Now, the best way to get a hang of things is to play with them, get a free VoXalot account and for a list of some free/cheap DID numbers in various countries and some other neat options you have see:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...voip-info.html

Hope it's clear....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #43
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

I believe that all of Link2Voip is currently unavailable. I am able to dial the sipbroker server # and get in that way but I am not able to dial my enum number either 150335017XX
I was wondering for us yanks why not also prepend 1 on 10 digits so we can get buy with 10 digit dialing instead of 10?
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #44
kieranmullen

kieranmullen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kieranmullen Send a message via Yahoo to kieranmullen Send a message via Skype™ to kieranmullen

Sipphone gizmorporject.com peering is not working either. Or is it just me?

Also it was mentioend quite some time ago that these be corrected

SIP Broker Wiki : SIP Broker Wiki

SIP Broker Wiki : peering

I realize this system is free so I am not complaining, but I was wondering why there seem to be so many failures and no backup processes?
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #45
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Z View Post
The Montreal number from link2voip is giving "the number you have dialed is currently unavailable, thank you from link2voip"
The same goes for the Philadelphia number
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
I believe that all of Link2Voip is currently unavailable. I am able to dial the sipbroker server # and get in that way but I am not able to dial my enum number either 150335017XX
I was wondering for us yanks why not also prepend 1 on 10 digits so we can get buy with 10 digit dialing instead of 10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
Sipphone gizmorporject.com peering is not working either. Or is it just me?

Also it was mentioend quite some time ago that these be corrected

SIP Broker Wiki : SIP Broker Wiki

SIP Broker Wiki : peering

I realize this system is free so I am not complaining, but I was wondering why there seem to be so many failures and no backup processes?
Ok,

Well Link2Voip numbers (the few I tried are all giving that message), I also tried via the ENum record for the Montreal number 15149089707@vgw1.link2voip.com and the same thing persists......So there may be a chance Link2Voip is suffering some downtime.

Peering with Gizmo worked fine for me....*747-1-747-xxx-xxxx

I've updated this appropriately SIP Broker Wiki : SIP Broker Wiki

As for this SIP Broker Wiki : peering you are right some of those codes have become outdated, changed or no longer supported (you are better off getting the latest code from the specific provider's site for now)

From my experience, the only failure was the downed server which led to a need for the SipBroker server to be restarted..... the rest of the downed numbers including what's happening with Link2Voip should not be related....

Hopefully Martin and/or craig can shoot an email to Link2Voip to see what's happening.

Last edited by emoci; 10-24-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #46
tremmarc

tremmarc is on a distinguished road

@emoci - thanks bro. its clear picture now. Btw congratulations for these guides
tremmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #47
emoci

Link2Voip access numbers seem to be up and running...

Thanks craig & martin ( a darn good team although martin is supposed to be away )
Unread 10-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Link2Voip access numbers seem to be up and running...

Thanks craig & martin ( a darn good team although martin is supposed to be away )
No probs. I am currently in San Francisco with Tony and will leave for Boston VON on Saturday but I can keep away from the forum

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #49
BlackFriar

BlackFriar is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Dunedin NZ down?

The PSTN gateway in Dunedin, New Zealand, seems to be down, as does its sponsor's website. Any clues or news?
BlackFriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #50
hivolt

hivolt is on a distinguished road
Default Denmark Access Number No CID

The Danish PSTN number does not pass CID so the calls show up as "Private Caller", as such calls from my relatives will not forward to my cell via my spa3000.

In any event I would like to give a round of thanks to SipBroker as all other access numbers I get calls from have worked fine.
hivolt is offline   Reply With Quote