Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #21
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

If you need a screen shot I can take one but this post will probably do the trick. From memory it looks something like this

Callbook (edit)

Your number* Box for number

1. Smartcall
2. Voxalot
3. other providers, etc

Destination number* Box for number smartcall (this is a drop down box to selct provider)

You need to scroll up and down the numbered list for the first provider (no drop down box) and choose from a drop down box for the second. The exact text of the page may not be accurate here but the difference in selecting the providers for the two legs is. There must be a very slight difference in the webpage code, If you can't find it I will take a pic of my phone screen.

I agree that from the description given by 244751, we may be having the same problem, it doesn't stop it working but it looks messy on the phone and you need to scroll down a fair way if you have a lot of providers

Last edited by chatalot; 11-09-2007 at 08:02 AM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Really? That is the weirdest thing ever! The code that we use to generate the two lists is identical other than the variable names. If you could somehow get a screenshot (and perhaps even the source for the page) it would be useful for me to try and debug. Thanks a lot.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #23
chatalot

Hope this helps you to sort it out

I can confirm that the same problem is present on the Motorola Application Developer Kit

I saved the html from the callback page and replaced both select tags with optgroups ones like the example below and it now works as it should

<select>
<optgroup label="fromPeerOID">
<option value="XXX">SIP Broker</option>
<option value="XXX">Voxalot</option>
<option value="XXXXX">Provider1</option>
<option value="XXXXX">Provider2</option>
<option value="XXXXX">Provider3</option>
<option value="XXXXX">Provider4</option>
<option value="XXXXX">Provider5</option>
</optgroup>
</select>

As you say the code is the same for both boxes so I can't understand why it only does it on the first box - I suspect that the focus script is doing something to it.

I have included some screen grabs from the developer kit to show what it looks like now on the left and the optgroup working version on the right

I am not sure if this would work for all mobiles but if it doesn't and you are using a script to generate the html then you can detect a motorola by looking for "MOT-" at the start of the user agent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Now.jpg (23.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg With-Optgroup.jpg (13.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by chatalot; 11-09-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Unread 11-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
I can confirm that the same problem is present on the Motorola Application Developer Kit

I saved the html from the callback page and replaced both select tags with optgroups ones like the example below and it now works as it should

I have included some screen grabs from the developer kit to show what it looks like now on the left and the optgroup working version on the right
Thanks very much. I really appreciate your assistance. We have just deployed the latest code that contains a) your fix, and b) a page that just displays the address book (like it used to).

If you point your browsers at Voxalot, you will now see two links:

Mobile Call-Back
Mobile Call-Back Book

The first is the new page where you can enter numbers directly, and the second is the old page that just has the phone book entries. Please give it a thrash and let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks again Chatalot for your help. I doubt I would have found it without your help.

--
Craig
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #25
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Is there any chance you'd consider having these spread over 3 pages?

phonebook
number entry boxes
edit phonebook

At the moment, I have about a 9k page for the entry boxes and edit functions. I just logged in and by the time I'd switched pages by mistake once I'd used about 28k. If I cut a few providers, a number entry box page on its own would be about 2k.

I know it doesn't seem that big, but roaming data tariffs tend to be not included on contracts and higher rates, and it would be nice to connect a call for 3 cents rather than 15
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #26
chatalot

I just tried it in IE and the source looks the same, I tried it on my V3 and it is still doing the same thing, I did use the exact links you gave above.

I think the best way to cut traffic is to just make it work with a single http request string that can be edited as an internet shortcut before it is sent. I send text messages from my voipcheap.com account over GPRS that way and it only used about 0.5kb per text. I use gotext.org but it just submits the string on my behalf. Maybe voxalot could look into developing a script to make voxalot work with gotext.org or a complete java client of their own would be even better.

Last edited by chatalot; 11-12-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
craig

Quote:
I just tried it in IE and the source looks the same, I tried it on my V3 and it is still doing the same thing, I did use the exact links you gave above.
Argh! My apologies... we had a couple of problems with our deployment this afternoon and the correct code was deployed, then backed out. We then re-deployed but without the fix you require.

Anyway, I have now patched the production system and you should be right to go. Apologies for the confusion.

--
Craig
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #28
andy

Quote:
I just tried it in IE and the source looks the same, I I think the best way to cut traffic is to just make it work with a single http request string that can be edited as an internet shortcut before it is sent. I send text messages from my voipcheap.com account [...]

... or a complete java client of their own would be even better.

I think Craig mentioned that a Java client doesn't use much less data. If you try the Voipbuster or Vyke programs, you'll find sending an sms seems to use about 1800 bytes. I can't remember the amount for call set-up, but I think it's similar.

I don't know enough about this, but sending just a URL yourself, it seems not all phones support secure links, while others use up extra data on the security certificate.

About gotext: do you mean it can be used in conjunction with other services, are is this discussion just for a comparison with the way it works?
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #29
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think Craig mentioned that a Java client doesn't use much less data. If you try the Voipbuster or Vyke programs, you'll find sending an sms seems to use about 1800 bytes.
VoipBuster have a URL text message service that uses almost no kB.
Try this: https://myaccount.justvoip.com/clx/s...0XXX&text=YYYY

xhttps://myaccount.justvoip.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=USER&password=PASS&from=00XXX &to=00XXX&text=YYYY
change the capital letter bits.

Tom
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
VoipBuster have a URL text message service that uses almost no kB.
As I already suggested, not all phones can support this:

Quote:
Sorry
Server Certificate could not be verified
and even that used 1032 + 796 bytes

And sometimes there is a different charge for these; excepted from free offers, for example