Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #31
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't help with the problems that some people are having, but can we have a bit less guesswork and other issues please?
I used to forward my budgetphone phonenumbers with voxalot and voipcheap. Then one day it stopped working. I didn't change anything. For me this is a big problem. I've spent hours last days to find out what happens.

I am a little bit disappointed by the support (or lack of that) from Voxalot. Is it possible to see in the logfiles what is happening when I forward a call ? The only thing I hear is a "busy" tone.

About the guesswork... If I see a moderator telling that they are using the DID providers IP address when forwarding a call and I read on the voipcheap/voipbuster website Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address. then it's not guesswork anymore.
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #32
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Please PM me your account details and DID numbers etc.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #33
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
... I don't quite understand if people think someone has diagnosed that the IP address of the DID provider is indeed being analysed by Betamax fair use policy conditions, or if this has just been assumed rather easily to be the only possibility.
yes, this may not be the cause and has been assumed rather too easily!
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #34
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Callforwarding Betamax working too...

DID forwarding to Betamax VOIPBUSTER working too, only issue is FUP by Betamax if use with Pbxes then it is not freecalls (FUP).

I do not know what does make difference for call origination to Betamax.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #35
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard99 View Post
DID forwarding to Betamax VOIPBUSTER working too, only issue is FUP by Betamax if use with Pbxes then it is not freecalls (FUP).

I do not know what does make difference for call origination to Betamax.
This is a bit unrelated to the thread. However what you are experiencing seems to happen with some BetaMax providers but not others. That said you should be able to make calls via VoipBuster through VoXalot (You>>VoXalot>>VoipBuster). You should also be able to make calls via VoipBuster through PBXes (You>>PBXes>>VoipBuster). You may or may not be succesful making call through VoipBuster, registered in VoXalot, in turn registered in PBXes (You>>PBXes>>VoXalot>>VoipBuster).

Now personally I tried InternetCalls in each of those combinations, and it worked in all three, hence it's not all BetaMax providers, it may even be as specific as server clusters used in PBXes or VoXalot, or access numbers used if using the callthrough method, or IP assigned to your mobile device when using a Mobile VoIP device. But all of that is nothing more than educated guesswork at best. The only way to get a better idea is if BetaMax was open about how things work on their end, and frankly that's hard to come by.

As for the gist of this thread, a number users using BudgetPhone DIDs and having VoXalot forward calls to this DIDs to a landline/cellphone via BetaMax providers (there were two specific ones I believe) have had trouble receiving calls.

Some have reported that changing to a different provider for forwarding, or changing to different DID from another VSP for incoming calls, seems to remedy the problem. That coupled with the explanation that the IP number sent to BetaMax maybe that of the originating DID led to suggestions that maybe these IPs are being treated as FUP.

There are a few holes to the story. Why wouldn't BetaMax charge the calls as FUP, rather than not completing them? If it is an FUP issue why would it prevent forwarding to mobile numbers which are rarely in the Free Calls list? Finally someone stated (http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14213) that they are succesfully using BudgetPhone DIDs and forwarding without issues.

Lastly Martin has asked everyone with the issue to contact him with an account number, and a quick explanation of the situation (http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14223)

Also a new development which may address issues for some people is http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...t-working.html
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #36
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Finally someone stated (http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14213) that they are succesfully using BudgetPhone DIDs and forwarding without issues.
To clarify: I didn't say I was using Budgetphone myself; I said I hadn't seen any issues mentioned on the Voipbuster forum from people who would be.

I agree with you that it's highly improbable that FUP would be used to block other calls that actually earn the company money.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #37
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys for the PMs and all the info sent through. We have set aside some time today to perform some more detailed analysis.

I will report back here with our findings.

Thanks again.

Unread 11-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #38
martin

Apologies guys as always I had a 101 things to do today and did not get a chance to look at this.

I have set aside some time tomorrow.

Unread 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #39
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Any news Martin
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #40
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

Just seen this thread. It now explains some of the problems I was having on voip.co.uk - it was a number then routed out by Voxalot via voipcheap.

It would appear to me that it is due to the FUP, but I guess they have just started applying it more stringently to certain providers.

Oh well, looks like I'll just have to use my ATA to do call forward, which is a shame, because the quality is not always so good.

Would appreciate knowing the results of your investigations Martin, just in case we can find a better way around this issue.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote