Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 03-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #41
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Registrar and proxy servers are either:

au.voxalot.com
eu.voxalot.com
us.voxalot.com

Realm / Domain is:

voxalot.com

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #42
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road

Thanks Martin, indeed that's how I set them and they work most of the time, what I would really like to know is what do they do? wouldn't the proxy and STUN be enough?
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #43
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
Thanks Martin, indeed that's how I set them and they work most of the time, what I would really like to know is what do they do? wouldn't the proxy and STUN be enough?
Unfortunately the Nokia firmware does not support STUN. This means that when you use the Nokia behind a firewall the server (VoXaLot) must handle NAT for you.

Hopefully one day soon they will realise what settings they should have in their firmware.

Last edited by affinity; 03-27-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Firewall not "fireware", simple error fixed ;-)
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #44
Tranworld

Default Firewall

Thanks Martin,

My problem is that the E61 works most of the time except in one hotel where my ATA work but not my E61. I suspected that when the firewall is turned on, depending on the router, it stopped. It annoys me a lot since I know that the E61 is set up OK, it works at other places.
Unread 04-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #45
Tranworld

I have a new service called www.pfingo.com run by the local Telco in Singapore (Starhub), this give you a free DID and free local calls, great, and yet once again the E61 misbehave.

I have my voxalot account registered with pfingo DID and observe 3 scenarios:

1 - with an ATA logged onto Voxalot, calling the DID does cause the ATA to ring, no complain here
2 - Remove the ATA and subtitute the E61 via a AP, the E61 register OK and can mke outgoing calls, however incoming calls will not ring the E61 but instead trigged the "busy" message from the Telco
3 - With the E61 logged on directely (without going via Voxalot), the E61 rings OK on incoming calls.

Any suggestions as to how to make it work with Voxalot? (on incoming)
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #46
patos

patos is on a distinguished road

I tried to post this as a new thread, but it got flagged as spam. Here we go:

Hi!

With the deployment of the newest firmwares for the eSeries (version 3.x) Nokia introduced STUN support for its VoIP client. Unfortunately Voxalot seems yet not to support it.

Here you can find more information on Nokia's implementation

Quote:
Nokia S60 VoIP Release 2.0 has STUN protocol support for NAT traversal and NAT binding refresh features. The NAT/Firewall traversal features enable the VoIP functionality behind NATs of certain type.
The STUN/firewall settings cannot be edited from the terminal UI, but must be provisioned by the service provider.
If the STUN server address is not configured, the terminal tries to find one with a SIP SRV query using the Public User Identity domain of the used SIP profile.
The compliance to Noka's solution can be tested by a simple DNS query:

Code:
nslookup
set q=srv
_stun._udp.domain.tld
This query won't return any results for any voxalot domains. If you use for instance as domain.tld "sipgate.de" you will be able to see that their dns record will return an answer for the STUN Server.

Could you please add this record so that Voxalot becomes compliant to newer Nokia eSeries firmwares? Thank you very much!

More information about DNS SRV records can be found here.
patos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #47
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

You tried twice.... I am not sure why your post was moderated, but I removed one of the threads and approved the other:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...lient-2-x.html
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #48
Tranworld

When the E61 os logged onto Voxalot and I dial the DID number I hear the beginning of the ringing tone and then it went to a busy message, it is as if the system tried but was told (or timed out) that it could not locate the device. Could this be due to some delays within Voxalot?
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #49
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
When the E61 os logged onto Voxalot and I dial the DID number I hear the beginning of the ringing tone and then it went to a busy message, it is as if the system tried but was told (or timed out) that it could not locate the device. Could this be due to some delays within Voxalot?
This symptom sounds very much like a Codec negotiation problem. Is it possble that the other side is only allow say g729?

Unread 04-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #50
Tranworld

It could be, but how do we get around that? I did try to move the codecs around in the Voxalot list of CODECS but it did not seems to matter?