Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
rdrock

rdrock is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with Sipgate and Dial Plan

I've read the threads to see if i could identify the problem first before seeking help but cant. I cant make outgoing calls via sipgate. I setup my voxalot dial plan so that all 01,02 calls go via justvoip and all free calls via sipgate. But there seems to be a problem with the sipgate settings as when I dial via sipgate I get a dead / engage tone even though the test dial identifies everything as correct.

I've even tried changing my 02 setting to sipgate but all calls to numbers starting with 02 appear dead also. Does Voxalot work with sipgate?

Also, some of my free calls work, via the ENUM lookup but those not available, are not rerouted back via sipgate or they maybe but sipgate just refuses to accept them. Any advice?
rdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrock View Post
I've read the threads to see if i could identify the problem first before seeking help but cant. I cant make outgoing calls via sipgate. I setup my voxalot dial plan so that all 01,02 calls go via justvoip and all free calls via sipgate. But there seems to be a problem with the sipgate settings as when I dial via sipgate I get a dead / engage tone even though the test dial identifies everything as correct.

I've even tried changing my 02 setting to sipgate but all calls to numbers starting with 02 appear dead also. Does Voxalot work with sipgate?

Also, some of my free calls work, via the ENUM lookup but those not available, are not rerouted back via sipgate or they maybe but sipgate just refuses to accept them. Any advice?

Hmmm...,

It's a known issue that SIPGate won't register with VoXalot, but outgoing calls have been reported to work okay....

That said, you are the second person complaining of an issue with SipGate and outgoing calls this week http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-settings.html

Hopefully someone else using SipGate can comment if things are working.....will see if I can test with my SipGate acct. when I have a chance (don't use it much)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

It seems that barristernet has had a similar problem. I have just tested 3 calls through Sipgate via Voxalot. They were:

1. a UK 0808 number
2. a UK 0800 number
3. a UK geographic number

All 3 worked perfectly. FWIW I don't have a smart dial plan for Sipgate, but I use a prefix for the provider. (Let us assume that my prority is 100 and my Sipgate prefix is 99) I have set:

100 _99. ${EXTEN:2} Sipgate

Then when I dial 99xxxxxxxxxxx it routes xxxxxxxxxxx correctly over Sipgate. I checked the Sipgate call logs and the calls showed up.

ataboy

Last edited by ataboy; 04-10-2008 at 02:55 PM.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
barristernet

barristernet is on a distinguished road

Yes I've been having a similar problem with sipgate but have tried a number of other voip providers as well. Ataboy, can you tell me were you put :

if you don't have a smart dial plan for sipgate? I understand how it works but not were it goes.

thanks,

Barristernet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
It seems that barristernet has had a similar problem. I have just tested 3 calls through Sipgate via Voxalot. They were:

1. a UK 0808 number
2. a UK 0800 number
3. a UK geographic number

All 3 worked perfectly. FWIW I don't have a smart dial plan for Sipgate, but I use a prefix for the provider. (Let us assume that my prority is 100 and my Sipgate prefix is 99) I have set:

Then when I dial 99xxxxxxxxxxx it routes xxxxxxxxxxx correctly over Sipgate. I checked the Sipgate call logs and the calls showed up.

ataboy
barristernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Barristernet - just to clarify, I don't have a smart dial plan in the form "if the number starts with 020 then route to Sipgate". That's just because I only use Sipgate for specific calls. So an access code works best for that particular provider for me.

I have PMed you some pointers.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote