Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 04-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road
Default I made a Google Gadget for Voxalot...

Yes, the subject says it all.

I use iGoogle quite a lot, and wanted to be able to access Voxalot through it - and I wanted to find out about the Google Gadget API.

{EDIT} The gadget is basically a variant of WebCallback - however it logs you in to Voxalot (via mobile.voxalot.com) and allows you to set where you 'are' (i.e. where to receive calls) and then just enter numbers to call. Once you add it to iGoogle, you don't have to login to Voxalot separately - which is what I was after (although VoxConnect lite would be better still with a pure XML DOM!)

It's NOT yet "published" so can't be found by searching, as it's still not perfect - however, it is available to beta test if you like...and you can do so in the following way :
  1. Register for an Google account if you don't already have one.
  2. Sign into iGoogle (iGoogle)
  3. Visit Personalize Your Homepage - which adds the "My Gagets" Controller to your iGoogle page.
  4. Find the "My Gadgets" controller - and in the "Add a gadget" box, enter http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadge...79/Voxalot.xml
  5. Click Add

Instructions :
  1. When it first loads - you have no preferences/login details...
  2. Click the small down arrow and click Edit Setting to set preferences
  3. NOTE : Username & password are NOT obscured (can't change that, it's a Google Gadget default. I do NOT see/get sent any user details (you can view the XML to see the code if you want to check functions)
  4. Voxalot server is currently not used
  5. Your URI is where you want to be called - for example, I set this to sip:MyVoxalotID@myATAIPAddress:5060

SECURITY NOTES
The gadget forces a logout each time it loads - then logs in to mobile.voxalot.com and sends instructions through it. Neither the gadget, nor mobile.voxalot.com are secure (they do NOT use https) - and, possibly worse, Google Gadgets ONLY uses HTTP GET - so your username/password are sent on the querystring, UNENCRYPTED.

Obviously you use this at your own risk!

GENERAL NOTE
Because Voxalot reference your VSP with a (database?) ID - I can't enumerate them easily - therefore by default, both legs of the call are sent by Smartcall. Your mileage may vary.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by ptruman; 04-11-2008 at 08:30 PM.
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
ptruman

Default Nobody wants to try it?

At least 2 people have loaded the app, but not used it!
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Tried it. Put in settings,. entered number to dial but dial button stayed greyed out. I don't think I'll use this function much anyway. Just as easy to go to voxalot site.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
ptruman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
Tried it. Put in settings,. entered number to dial but dial button stayed greyed out. I don't think I'll use this function much anyway. Just as easy to go to voxalot site.
If the status doesn't say login was successful (it can sometimes reset and loop itself) then the dial button won't unlock.

Whilst you can get Voxalot to "remember you", it's still another few clicks to get to the Webcallback page - whereas it's on my Google homepage, so is nicely accessible.

Although I prefer to use mobile.voxalot.com, as it keeps "phonebook" entries - but given the OIDs used, they are not easily enumerable!