Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Nakkoush

Nakkoush is on a distinguished road
Default Vsat & Voxalot

Hi,

My internet connection is through VSAT.
I have recently migrated to a new satellite internet provider in Germany and I am committed to that company with one year airtime contract.
With my previous internet provider, VOXALOT used to work fine with me even with a shared bandwidth.
I have a dedicated bandwidth CIR 64/128kbps and unfortunately I am experiencing voice probems with voxalot.

After a long debate and arguing with my satellite provider concerning what is happening with VOXALOT, he told me by words: "narrow down your VOIP solution to ONE port only and we also can priorize it on Satcom layer, I cannot work around physics" also "on satcom layer we only can priorize protocols which we know and which ones we exaclty can narrow down to some ports only" "your voice system today uses 20000 UDP ports which is impossible to priorize"
"as it would priorize 30 % of all ports"
"we can implement a priorisation on IP layer"
"but this is just secondary"
"as primarily the priorisation needs to be done on Satcom layer"

What should I tell him? which ports is he asking me for?
any help is highly appreciated

Regards,
Nakkoush.

Last edited by Nakkoush; 11-13-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Nakkoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Nakkoush

Dear All,

Who can give me these specific technical details conecerning VOXALOT?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkoush View Post
Dear All,

Who can give me these specific technical details conecerning VOXALOT?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
Voxalot SIP messaging is performed on port 5060 (UDP and TCP)

Th voice port for your device / phone is set by you. Usually this is a range of UDP ports, however you should be able to refine and/or change the values.

Hope this helps.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
Nakkoush

Fist of all thanks Martin for your reply.

All the devices I am using for now are Linksys SPA 3*0* series.
The voice problems are mainly encountered in this scenario: SPA (A) which has for ex. VOXALOT number 111111 is calling SPA (B) which has for ex. another VOXALOT number 222222. (even if SPA (B) is connected to a terrestrial internet connect (DSL) and not VSAT connection while SPA (A) is through VSAT connection).

1- If I understood you properly Martin, there is nothing more from VOXALOT side like for ex. protocols or some other UDP/TCP Ports which defines VOXALOT to VOXALOT calls appart from " the SIP messaging which is performed on port 5060 (UDP and TCP)". am I right?

2-
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Th voice port for your device / phone is set by you. Usually this is a range of UDP ports, however you should be able to refine and/or change the values.
........ The only place I can see in my SPA where I can define/change ports is only under "RTP Parameters": (RTP Port Min: 16384) and (RTP Port Max:16482)...Are you Martin talking about these ports? will VOXALOT voice system work if I specify only one RTP port for example: (RTP Port Min: 16384 & RTP Port Max: 16384)? do you think that these are the ports my satellite provider is asking me to narrow them down to one port?

3- There is one question which impose itself: If I specify only one port for RTP Port Min and Max, what would happen if two SPAs are on the same network?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nakkoush; 11-18-2007 at 07:55 AM.