Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 07-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #101
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexErko View Post
Martin, please follow the link provided by nokuser and get the appropriately set XML files from Nokia for us to reliably receive incoming calls, then supply them to us.
We looked at this a little while back and our understanding back then was that the XML needed to be provisioned OTA (ie via SMS) or by using a software plug-in installed on the phone.

Unless things have changed then providing you guys with the XML is only half the solution. I would be interested to know if this is still the case ?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 04:27 AM   #102
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
We looked at this a little while back and our understanding back then was that the XML needed to be provisioned OTA (ie via SMS) or by using a software plug-in installed on the phone.

Unless things have changed then providing you guys with the XML is only half the solution. I would be interested to know if this is still the case ?
I am not sure what method Nokia recommends you use to provide us with the XML for VoIP settings. All I can say is that I have used two methods to place, non-VoIP*, coding onto my phone: SMS and via the Nokia PC Suite.

Have you asked Nokia how to provide us with the VoIP XML?

*Correction: fring provided its settings to me via SMS

Last edited by AlexErko; 07-03-2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Correction made.
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:08 AM   #103
AlexErko

I am aware that the folks at VoXaLot must be very busy, however I would really appreciate an update about receiving settings for reliably receiving calls on my Nokia phone when it is registered with VoXaLot.

If there is a time/cost impediment to resolving this issue, would someone from VoXaLot tell us how much a one-off fee might be for rapidly removing that impediment.

Last edited by AlexErko; 07-05-2007 at 03:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:18 AM   #104
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

We plan to re-look at this soon. Unfortunately it is a question of time as we are all busy working towards the 16th July release.

It is a priority item for us and we will get to it soon.

We appreciate your patience.

Unread 07-05-2007, 03:52 AM   #105
AlexErko

Quote:
Hi,

We plan to re-look at this soon. Unfortunately it is a question of time as we are all busy working towards the 16th July release.

It is a priority item for us and we will get to it soon.

We appreciate your patience.
Fair enough. Good luck with launching the new web site, etc!
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #106
AlexErko

As Martin is busy with other matters for the time being, I have asked Nokia service to send me some changes to the Nokia VoIP client to enable the CRLF keep-alive packets as described in Chapter 6, ‘NAT/FW traversal settings’, in Nokia S60 VoIP Implementation Configuration Tutorial [2] Resource information: Nokia S60 VoIP Implementation Configuration Tutorial v1.1 as that appears to be the solution to the problem of calls not getting through to me, as described in point 2.5.1 of the Nokia S60 VoIP Implementation Troubleshooting Guide http://sw.nokia.com/id/bcbcc0ac-6230...de_v1_0_en.pdf

I have also asked them to send me the changes required to disable all codecs except G.729, in order to save on bandwidth.

Lets see if Nokia can deliver ..........
Unread 07-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #107
martin

I had a play with this tonight with my E61. Using the templates as defined by the 1.7 provisioning spec, I was able to produce the wap-provisioning XML for Voxalot and convert it to WBXML.

As was the problem last time, the WBXML needs to be sent to the phone OTA (over the air).

I will let you know once I complete this last part of the process.

Unread 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #108
nokuser

nokuser is on a distinguished road
Default Xml

Quote:
I had a play with this tonight with my E61. Using the templates as defined by the 1.7 provisioning spec, I was able to produce the wap-provisioning XML for Voxalot and convert it to WBXML.

As was the problem last time, the WBXML needs to be sent to the phone OTA (over the air).

I will let you know once I complete this last part of the process.
Martin, Can you provide us with the wap-provisioning XML for Voxalot? I am sure it is not that difficult to find the way to put it in the phone using OTA.
nokuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #109
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokuser View Post
Martin, Can you provide us with the wap-provisioning XML for Voxalot? I am sure it is not that difficult to find the way to put it in the phone using OTA.
I can by request. The last thing I want to do is publish something that is not 100% complete.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Unread 07-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #110
AlexErko

I believe that the Nokia VoIP client is fundamentally the same irrespective of the Nokia model or series of models in which it may be running.

Consequently, I suggest that there be consideration of the modification of the title of this thread from "Nokia eSeries Support" to simply "Nokia Support".