Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

 
 
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #71
kh_reda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kh_reda is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
PSTN is Public Switched Telephone Network, the land line.

You register your land line (and VoIP URI) with e164 and if anybody with a setup that recognizes ENUM makes a call to your land line number, then the call will not route via the public phone network, it will route to your VoIP number directly.
Dear Affinity,

Thank you for the info, I'm now began to get it,
So, after I register my land line or mobile is that make the oter party who call me get to me through my VoIP No which is XXXXX@voxalot.com,
Ok, but how he dile the number?
dose he dile from a voxalot No.( Internet call ) the URI address they gave me after the registeration or what?
kh_reda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #72
Ron
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 447
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Ron will become famous soon enough
Default

A caller's telephone service provider must do ENUM lookups and route the call to the resulting SIP URI returned by ENUM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #73
affinity
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 799
Thanks: 66
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
affinity will become famous soon enough
Default

If they have VoIP, then they have a number of ways to call you -- using a service that does ENUM lookups means that the caller can call the "standard" number and the call will route via VoIP to your Voxalot number. They can bypass ENUM lookups by calling your Voxalot number direct if their setup allows this to be done.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #74
kh_reda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kh_reda is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
If they have VoIP, then they have a number of ways to call you -- using a service that does ENUM lookups means that the caller can call the "standard" number and the call will route via VoIP to your Voxalot number. They can bypass ENUM lookups by calling your Voxalot number direct if their setup allows this to be done.
So, that means I need to requist the call routing via VoIP from my land line company which must have the service to sell in first place.
But is there any other way to use ENUM without needing my land line I mean even if I call from my VoIP No. XXXXX@voxalot.com to the land line or the mobile (cell phone),
Like what happend in the verification call which don by the e164.com site when i registred the mobile no. i need to call from my VoIP no.?
kh_reda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #75
affinity
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 799
Thanks: 66
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
affinity will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh_reda View Post
So, that means I need to requist the call routing via VoIP from my land line company which must have the service to sell in first place.
But is there any other way to use ENUM without needing my land line I mean even if I call from my VoIP No. XXXXX@voxalot.com to the land line or the mobile (cell phone),
Like what happend in the verification call which don by the e164.com site when i registred the mobile no. i need to call from my VoIP no.?
Ordinary calls from ordinary land lines will not use your ENUM at all. If the phone company itself is taking advantage of ENUM setups, that is outside the control of the calling party.

The main advantage of using ENUM is that people whom already have VoIP systems, can call numbers normally with the possibility that their configuration [behind the scenes], may call directly via VoIP (automagically) or route via a paid VoIP termination (free if termination is a "free" endpoint by the VoIP service provider themselves -- might depend on your plan with them).
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #76
kh_reda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kh_reda is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Ordinary calls from ordinary land lines will not use your ENUM at all. If the phone company itself is taking advantage of ENUM setups, that is outside the control of the calling party.

The main advantage of using ENUM is that people whom already have VoIP systems, can call numbers normally with the possibility that their configuration [behind the scenes], may call directly via VoIP (automagically) or route via a paid VoIP termination (free if termination is a "free" endpoint by the VoIP service provider themselves -- might depend on your plan with them).
ok, that means I can call from my VoIP No. XXXXX@vox...... to the numbers i registered but it depend on my plan with them?
But it's posipole to make the call to the land line i register
kh_reda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #77
affinity
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 799
Thanks: 66
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
affinity will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh_reda View Post
ok, that means I can call from my VoIP No. XXXXX@vox...... to the numbers i registered but it depend on my plan with them?
But it's posipole to make the call to the land line i register
If you call your own registered numbers, then the call will terminate on your Voxalot acccount...... so you need a secondary account to make the call test effective. Using the second account, you call the "standard" numbers that are ENUM registered -- then if all is okay you'll have a VoIP to VoIP call without going anywhere near the standard public infrastructure.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #78
kh_reda
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kh_reda is on a distinguished road
Default

Dear affinity,

I've tried to call my standard number which is ENUM registered from another voxalot account but it give me this message: " Sorry the number you dailed can not be connected, Please tray again later" .
is it becuase i have a basice account not premiume? or there is somthing rong in how I daile the no.?
Please tell me the right way to dile the number from my voxalot account to the standard no., Knowing that my voxalot number is: 373117@us.voxalot.com and my registerd standard No. on this account as ENUM is: +20101686717 , and the other voxalot account is: 273117@us.voxalot.com and the tow accounts are basic .
And I'm using my voxalot account from Nokia E90 mobile

I need to make call's from my voxalot Number to a standard mobile No. at egypt, Please tell me How
kh_reda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #79
affinity
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 799
Thanks: 66
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
affinity will become famous soon enough
Default

There are a number of things that can be wrong. First can anybody call your Voxalot account without problems when registered to your Nokia? If not, then perhaps you need STUN server settings in your phone.

The other thing to do is test the dial plan, you should be able to get the right result if everything is setup properly without having to make the call.

You should see something like this:
A call to:nnnnnnnn will get forwarded to sip:nnnnnn@eu.voxalot.com
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #80
ozimarco
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 229
Thanks: 61
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco
Default

Also check the dial plans you have set in the account you're calling from and make sure ENUM Lookup is set to 'Yes'. It is set to 'No' by default.
__________________
ISP: Internode Easy Reach 60: 60GB for AUD60
VSPs: Pennytel and others via SIPSorcery
Hardware:
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voxalot and Sipura/ATA Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough ctylor Voxalot General 5 04-28-2010 12:52 AM
New user problems with Call Connection Rules bdlhome Voxalot Support 12 09-10-2008 02:19 AM
VoXaLot Launches European Server Tony Voxalot Support 28 02-07-2007 07:15 AM
Newbie - but please be nice Mallycat Voxalot Support 21 04-15-2006 07:50 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.