Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot DID/ sip phone number?

hi, this might be a stupid question, but with the basic free plan for voxalot, do you get a voxalot "number" - either a DID or sip address?

if so, how would i find out what mine is, and do i need to do anything special to set it up.
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

it is your member ID you choose when you created your account. for example if you are connected to the US servers your SIP URI would be: memberID@us.voxalot.com
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
it is your member ID you choose when you created your account. for example if you are connected to the US servers your SIP URI would be: memberID@us.voxalot.com
Or, if the OP wanted to be reachable via his friends/family that only have normal phones (i.e. aren't yet on VoIP), he could have them use any of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers

After the call (to those PSTN numbers) is answered, you will be prompted for the place to route the call to (which comes in 2 parts). The first part of the routing is the SIP Broker provider code, which for VoXaLot is *010 (don't forget the initial *-key, as it is part of the code). And this provider code (i.e. *010) should be immediately followed by the account ID, which in the case of VoXaLot is just your normal VoXaLot account ID. So if (for example) your VoXaLot ID was 12345678 (replace with your actual ID), than you could be reached (via SIP Broker, including via the voice prompt on the SIP Broker PSTN numbers) by dialing *01012345678 (replace 12345678 with your actual Voxalot account ID).
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
tdogg

thanks for the info.

i tried to call the pstn route 2 times, from different phones (landline and mobile) and each time i received a busy / engaged type tone, and the phone didn't ring.

previously to now i've only been using voxalot for outgoing calls, with a few different VSP's and with no problems so far.

i noticed that the example voxalot user ID numbers are 8 digit, mine is 6 digits. would this be a possible reason?

i live in melbourne australia and dialled the melbourne PSTN gateway number, heard the prompt, then dialled *010xxxxxx and it went to engaged / busy / error tone.
Unread 02-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg View Post
thanks for the info.

i tried to call the pstn route 2 times, from different phones (landline and mobile) and each time i received a busy / engaged type tone, and the phone didn't ring.

previously to now i've only been using voxalot for outgoing calls, with a few different VSP's and with no problems so far.

i noticed that the example voxalot user ID numbers are 8 digit, mine is 6 digits. would this be a possible reason?

i live in melbourne australia and dialled the melbourne PSTN gateway number, heard the prompt, then dialled *010xxxxxx and it went to engaged / busy / error tone.
*010 assumed you were connected to the US servers. if you are connected to the australia voxalot servers it will be *061xxxxxx and your SIP URI xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
tdogg

tried *061 instead, same error.
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You should be able to reach any Voxalot accout using the prefix *010xxxxxx.
The system will find the account, independently of which server the device is lock onto.
Similarly, the sip address sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com is sufficient.

If you cannot reach your voxalot account via a Sipbroker access number, there is the possibility that your SIP device (phone or ATA) is not registering with Voxalot.
When an incoming call comes in the system cannot find your phone, and hence the busy signal.
Outgoing calls can still be made without registration.

Last edited by kurun; 02-18-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typo
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

We have had a couple of problems with SIP Broker over the past few days, which have now been resolved. If you were having problems with *061 and *010 (or other SIP codes), please try again now that we have resolved the SIP Broker issues.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
tdogg

still not working for me. same busy / engaged type tone.

my router - NB8W - says that the sip is registered, and that is voxalot, as my router can only register 1 VSP at any time.
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg View Post
still not working for me. same busy / engaged type tone.

my router - NB8W - says that the sip is registered, and that is voxalot, as my router can only register 1 VSP at any time.
If this persists may want to take a look at this http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14452
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote