Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The general progression of steps on what could be wrong looks as follows (you'll notice I replied with the exact same thing to someone else):

Outgoimg Calls: Can you reach *600 (Echo Test)

Incoming Calls:

-Try calling a SIPBroker number (SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers), then *010123456 , 123456 replaced with your VoXalot number. Do you receive this call, and is audio ok?

-Try entering your voxalot URI 123456@voxalot.com in the link below. Instead of you calling Echo, echo will call you so you can see how it behaves when it is an incoming call: SIPBroker - EziDial

Possible Solutions:

-If your router has UPnP I would suggest activating that rather than DMZ

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.com has been working for me)

-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (this maybe slightly different for your ATA, there should be an RTP port range setting on your ATA, if it is different, note the range and open that range instead in your router...)
For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

-Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com

-If Nat Symmetric Handling is set to NO and Optimize audio to YES (these are both settings in your VoXalot account), try setting Nat Symmetric Handling to YES and Optimize audio to NO (or vice versa)

-Make sure that the codec string you have set up matches what the provider supports (personally I've had good results with this string: ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm, give it a try )

Hopefully one of those things will help things along....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Zero7

Zero7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
The general progression of steps on what could be wrong looks as follows (you'll notice I replied with the exact same thing to someone else):

Outgoimg Calls: Can you reach *600 (Echo Test)
Yes, It works fine and I can make out going calls through ActionVOIP and Gizmo5 without any problem

Quote:
-Try calling a SIPBroker number (SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers), then *010123456 , 123456 replaced with your VoXalot number. Do you receive this call, and is audio ok?
I can receive the calls, but I can’t hear audio, but other end can hear me.

Quote:
-Try entering your voxalot URI 123456@voxalot.com in the link below. Instead of you calling Echo, echo will call you so you can see how it behaves when it is an incoming call:
I do not get the call / ATA does not ring

Quote:

Possible Solutions:

-If your router has UPnP I would suggest activating that rather than DMZ

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.com has been working for me)

-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16300-16500 (this maybe slightly different for your ATA, there should be an RTP port range setting on your ATA, if it is different, note the range and open that range instead in your router...)
For some background on this see: http://forum.voxalot.com/12685-post20.html

- I have enabled UPnP and deactivated DMZ
- I can’t set up STUN as provision is not there in ATA
-Forwarded ports (5060 and 16384) to ATA

Quote:

-Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com

-If Nat Symmetric Handling is set to NO and Optimize audio to YES (these are both settings in your VoXalot account), try setting Nat Symmetric Handling to YES and Optimize audio to NO (or vice versa)

-Make sure that the codec string you have set up matches what the provider supports (personally I've had good results with this string: ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm, give it a try )

Hopefully one of those things will help things along....
- Speed tests shows rating of >4 and QoS of more than 85%

- If I toggle Nat Symmetric handling to "No", I could not check echo test. Hence changed it back to "Yes".

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Zero7; 05-20-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gizmo5, sip, voxalite