Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
GFPhelps

GFPhelps is on a distinguished road
Default VSP Inbound Working, Outbound Not

I have a VoxLite account.

I have configured voxalot.com with VoIP Phone Service | FREE VoIP Calls | Phone Power VoIP Provider as my Voice Service Provider (VSP). I am able to recieve inbound calls, but I cannot make outbound calls. I have tested connecting to voxalot.com with both an Android softphone and with Windows X-Lite. I get various intercept tones and "call cannot be made as dialed, call cannot be established" messages when I try to dial out...

I have tried both (SIP) registering, and not SIP registering, with VoIP Phone Service | FREE VoIP Calls | Phone Power VoIP Provider. The Phone Power IP is 208.64.8.6, and the SIP port is 12060. They only support a UDP SIP connection.

If I configure directly to Phone Power (with the Android softphone or X-Lite), both inbound and outbound calls work fine. If I configure with www.PBXes.com (and then directly to VoIP Phone Service | FREE VoIP Calls | Phone Power VoIP Provider), both inbound and outbound calls work fine.

What are the "from domain" and "from fields" in the voxalot.com VSP advanced configuration form? I cannot find documentation for them. How are they supposed to be set?

I see the attempted outbound calls in the voxalot.com call record, with a status of failed. Is there a way to get more detailed failure information? For example, the reason for the failure? How does one tell the difference between an inbound vs. and outbound calls in the call log?

I have setup a Smart Call List (Dial Plan), with a _nxxnxxxxxx
pattern. I am attempting to dial 10-digits, for example: 4045555555.

What UDP and TCP SIP ports are supported by voxalot.com? Why isn't this documented in the official FAQ, or in a users guide? Or a tutorial??? Why does port 80 seem to work for UDP, but not for TCP?

How does one "...set one SIP registration for inbound calls..."? Apparently I have done that with VSP form? Do I have to have separate VSP entries, one for inbound calls and one for outbound calls?

How often does voxalot.com re-register with a VSP? How can I change the time? How can I register (to a VSP) as TCP, as oppsed to UDP?

Thanks,

George
GFPhelps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outbound failure, phonepower.com, vsp