Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot to Voxalot CallerID shown as "Private"

Hi Everyone

Not sure if anyone is seeing this.

I have two ATA setup for two relatives. Each with their own Voxalot extension.

One ATA 1, calls ATA 2, the callerid shown is "private".

The call plan (rules) says to route calls to that to ATA 1's extension via Voxalot.

Calls routed through Betamax processes the Betamax configured Caller ID without any issues.

Anyone knows what the problem can be?

Both ATAs are SPA-1001s.

Thanks

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 02:55 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Richard,

Not sure why you have dial plans set up for Voxalot<->Voxalot calling as the *010 prefix will work without rules.

I suspect this might be part of the problem.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Please take a look at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...alot-user.html

The general idea: VoXalot<>VoXalot calls will usually show PRIVATE for CID...however VoXalot<>SipBroker<>VoXalot calls show CID fine...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
richard

Hi Martin

I used a dial plan to make it easy for my dad to call, by just dialing a the six digit Voxalot extention, but I guess I could just ask him to add "*010" first and that would mean no dial plan rule.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Hi Richard,

Not sure why you have dial plans set up for Voxalot<->Voxalot calling as the *010 prefix will work without rules.

I suspect this might be part of the problem.
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
richard

Hi Emoci

By removing the dial plan rule (which says to route the specific extension via Voxalot) solved the problem, so it appears as you said that Voxalot to Voxalot calls shows as Private.

Is this a bug?

Removing the rule in one case works as the Voxalot number my Dad is calling does not conflict with any other rules, but my Mom's Voxalot number on the other hand begins with "41" which conflicts with rules to numbers to the 416 area code via Betamax. If I remove the rule to send her extension via Voxalot, then it will go via Betamax (which I don't want)

I will have to use the *01041XXXX solution until this Voxalot to Voxalot CID issue is resolved. Or maybe sending it to *010 via a rule might work. Yet to try this.

Thanks

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Please take a look at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...alot-user.html

The general idea: VoXalot<>VoXalot calls will usually show PRIVATE for CID...however VoXalot<>SipBroker<>VoXalot calls show CID fine...
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hi Emoci

By removing the dial plan rule (which says to route the specific extension via Voxalot) solved the problem, so it appears as you said that Voxalot to Voxalot calls shows as Private.

Is this a bug?

Removing the rule in one case works as the Voxalot number my Dad is calling does not conflict with any other rules, but my Mom's Voxalot number on the other hand begins with "41" which conflicts with rules to numbers to the 416 area code via Betamax. If I remove the rule to send her extension via Voxalot, then it will go via Betamax (which I don't want)

I will have to use the *01041XXXX solution until this Voxalot to Voxalot CID issue is resolved. Or maybe sending it to *010 via a rule might work. Yet to try this.

Thanks

Richard
Make a rule along these lines (and give it a high priority ...rg. 1):

Pattern: _xxxxxx
Replacement: *010${Exten}
Provider: Sip Broker (notice I did not choose VoXalot...but SIPBroker)

So your parents still dial only 6 digits ... but the Dial Plan takes care of the rest...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote