Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default iNum, ENUM and Servers Interconnection

For some reason, my Voxalot iNum (+883 5100 04xx xxxx) is not working when I'm registered at Voxalot EU Server. When I register at US Server, then it works. I think there is some problem laying at servers interconnection as if I dial *010 xxxxxxx SIP Broker code (where xxxxxx is my Voxalot number) or my Voxalot ENUM (+882 9993 xxxxxx) the call also goes to my voice mail and not to my phone registered at Voxalot EU Server.
If there is a need for some additional information, as my Voxalot number, you may ask.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Misleading report

My last report about interconnection issues may be misleading and wrong.
Yesterday, when I thought about it, it didn't make much sense to me, so firstly I must expose what have gone wrong on my experiences.
I usually use Fring on my mobile phone via WIFI, so I tested at home dialling my +883 Voxalot phone number and the call was going directly to Voxalot voice mail box. But, when I registered another instance of Voxalot with Ekiga at US Voxalot Server (my SIP Phone is registered at Voxalot EU Server), Ekiga did ring despite my SIP Phone didn't. So I concluded that it could be an server interconnection problem as Voxalot works with at least six servers as far as I know and, to work properly, they must interoperate among them.
Yesterday, when I was near sea in my Sunday holiday, this scenario didn't make to much sense to me, so I thought I could have done something wrong with my router or phone configuration, so I tested and retested several alternatives. It still didn't work.
I must say that I thought that Fring Servers did RTP proxying as Fring uses its own voice codec, so the origin IP of the call shouldn't be the same Fring was accessing internet via WIFI. But it seams it may not. So I tested calling my +883 Voxalot number from Skype and, voilÃ*, it works! So, I thought that the problem maybe was Fring passing my home router IP, the same my SIP Phone uses... This could be the reason why the call goes directly to the voice mail box and the phone doesn't ring. But, for some reason, if I register another instance of Voxalot at other server, this last rings and the call doesn't go directly to voice mail box. This was not exactly what I really expected, but is what I get. Of course I don't know in detail all configurations used by third parties, so I am not to surprised by this out coming. But as my previous post can be misleading, and to try help others to who «strange» things happens in this wonderful VoIP world, I leave here my testimonial.
Regards,

P.S.: Mystery solved: Codec Problem, not IP address! Sorry for the mess...

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 10-26-2009 at 11:42 AM.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote