Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
Jerree

Jerree is on a distinguished road
Default Call Connection Rules: Where's the Incoming Digits?

Hi,

Okay, when I setup a call connection rule to forward a call based on the incoming number I find that there are no digits in the call and the rule fails.

I have several registered providers connected to my Voxalot account but have the same problem with each (can't foward incoming calls based on incoming number because apparently there are no digits in call).
Jerree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerree View Post
Hi,

Okay, when I setup a call connection rule to forward a call based on the incoming number I find that there are no digits in the call and the rule fails.

I have several registered providers connected to my Voxalot account but have the same problem with each (can't foward incoming calls based on incoming number because apparently there are no digits in call).
By "No Digits" you mean no caller ID is coming through...?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
Jerree

Default Digits are the called number incoming to Voxalot

Hi, and thanks!

By digits I mean the incoming called number (like 16173145555) that the caller is calling via my Provider connected and registered to Voxalot.

For example, if you call one of my phone numbers (I have several) my Provider for that number (which is registered to Voxalot) presumably sends the number you called to my Voxalot account. The number called is what I believe represents the digits in the call. Right? Its not the caller ID that I'm concerned about.

Thanks, Jerry
Unread 01-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Hmm,

You have 3 options for forwarding:

1. Any inbound call (which is self explanatory)

2. Inbound number: This is the Caller ID of the person calling you (if I call you and my number is 123456 that's the number this rule is matching against)...

3. Inbound Provider: This is based on the provider through which the call is coming and that's registered in VoXalot

If I understand correctly from what you mention above (correct me if I am wrong):

-You have one provider which provides you with multiple DIDs (incoming numbers)
-You want to match calls based on which DID is being called
(You can do something along these lines in Asterisk ... but not in VoXalot)

The only way this'll work is if you register each of your DIDs as separate providers and use the 'Inbound Provider' rules...

BTW, Who's the provider in question?
Unread 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
green

green will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Exactly. Match DNIS and not ANI/CallerId.

I've tried to do something similar almost a year ago, then I asked this question.
green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Jerree

Default Bingo: I Have one Provider and multiple DIDs

Hi and Thanks again,

Well, you hit the Bullseye when you stated in your reply:

Quote:
If I understand correctly from what you mention above (correct me if I am wrong):

-You have one provider which provides you with multiple DIDs (incoming numbers)
(You can do something along these lines in Asterisk ... but not in VoXalot)

The only way this'll work is if you register each of your DIDs as separate providers and use the 'Inbound Provider' rules...

BTW, Who's the provider in question?"
Well, you got it! That's it in a nutshell! Gradualtions! You read my mind and stated my question and concern perfectly!

The Provider in question here (although I have several) is Callcentric.

My objective, as you correctly surmized, is to filter incoming calls from Callcentric using Call Connection Rules based on the DID that is being called. When I try to match to an inbound number the rule fails because I found that there are no digits being called in the inbound number passed to Voxalot.

Many Thanks, Jerry

Last edited by emoci; 01-26-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Unread 01-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
emoci

Ok,

First things first...the 'Inbound Number' rule in VoXalot has nothing to do with DIDs and more to do with CID...

So, I understand what you want to do, but VoXalot is not set up to do this...!

That said, if I remember correctly CallCentric will let you forward each did to various SIP URIs...

My other suggestion (if you don't mind tinkering with things) is to take a look at MySipSwitch....since they offer Ruby Scripting you maybe able to achieve this sort of routing there...