Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough
Default Exetel -- revisiting...

Hi Guys,

I had previously tried to use Exetel VoIP with Voxalot but there were problems that together with other reasons caused me to give up on their VSP product -- however, I thought it was worth revisiting the issues again as quite a lot of time has passed and some changes at Exetel have taken place over time.

Now I have just created a new VoIP account with them for testing to see if anything has in fact been improved in relation to usage with Voxalot. The new account doesn't have a DID number.

This is what I have found so far:

- the IP that Exetel says to use actually maps to sip1.exetel.com.au

- using sip1.exetel.com.au allows the service to SIP register, but there appears to be no benefit in having SIP register set to yes on this one at this time;

- outgoing calls to ordinary phone numbers using Exetel [with or without SIP registration] work fine, but no calls can be received at all; not even using a SIP URI via Truphone or via the test server's web call back facility that now allows SIP URI calls;

It still seems that Exetel cannot be used well with Voxalot. I have had some communication with Exetel on this and they agree that everything I have asked for can be done, but it is up to management to give the go ahead. One of the products that Exetel wants to increase in usage is VoIP, but I can't support that goal whilst it fails to work well with Voxalot.

Anyway, I will use this thread to report any further progress or not for your interest. Any ideas or additional support that might help would be appreciated.

I want Exetel to allow SIP URI forwarding to a Voxalot account and/or allow direct incoming Internet calls via a SIP URI to the SIP registered IP (even though it is not on Exetel's network).

I have not tried Exetel as a standalone provider this time around yet and probably won't do that as my goal is to only use them with Voxalot if that is possible.

Previously, a long time ago, I did have a DID VoIP account with Exetel, that DID wasn't able to be called via a Voxalot SIP registration -- nothing makes me think this is any different, so I am not about to waste money on a DID with them at this stage either.

Kind Regards
AndrewM
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
affinity

Two legs of a web call back works fine.

Sent an email to Exetel again... won't expect anything back until some time on Monday now.
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
affinity

Nothing useful has come from Exetel, except that they thought it should be possible with some changes at Exetel -- guess it is up to management to approve changes that will be necessary at Exetel's end.
Unread 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
affinity

Hopefully without talking too soon... it appears that my new NONPHONE VoIP account from Exetel with DID is working perfectly well with Voxalot.