Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default Web callback disconnection rules

What are the rules for timing of calling and disconnecting the calls

I have established that the source phone will ring for approx 30 seconds after initiating a call if I don't answer it.

What happens if I do answer it and the other caller keeps his call open after I have hung up, when does voxalot end the call to the destination number?

I have experimented with this two ways - I have a geographical DID terminating to sip:xxxx@voxalot.com and a standard landline

If I use my DID number (pointing to a voxalot registered ATA) as the source number and my landline as the destination number then as soon as I hang up my phone on the ATA, the destination call leg drops

This doesn't work the other way though - if I use my landline as the source and my DID to voxalot ATA as the destination then if I hang up the land line and pick it up again, the destination call is controlling the line and the call won't end until the destination hangs up.

I have also noticed this when dialing toll free information services such as TELLME or if answering machines come on at the other end, I hang up and pick up again and the call is still on the line - when will voxalot end the call if I leave the phone hung up or is is it out of their control at this point?

I have also noticed that if the call cannot be connected - busy/off hook the call just drops to a dial tone and no information is given - Is this correct as it is not very informative?

Last edited by chatalot; 11-01-2007 at 08:56 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote