Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
cheteip

cheteip is on a distinguished road
Default How can I callforward with Betamax and Voxalot?

Hello,

I have a account with voipcheap (betamax) and voxalot, and I would like to forward my number of voxalot to betamax, but when I try to access via PSTN with the numbers of sipbroker it doesnt wrong. Should I configure any special thing?

Thank you,
cheteip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default Forwarding to a Betamax provider

You can forward to username@sip.voipcheap.com either from a DID or SIP account that allows such forwarding (Eg. IPKall DID).

I have tested this and received the call on the Betamax Windows client.

However, I was not successful to get call forwarding from Voxalot to the Betamax client. The call goes to the Voicemail of the IPKall DID.

Possibly Betamax may not be allowing such call forwards.

Last edited by kurun; 03-20-2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: typo
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

So let me get this right, is it possible for me to forward my sipgate.co.uk calls to my betamax account for free?

What do I need for this, is this where I need a DID number?

Is that a sipgate DID number or a betamax DID number?

Sorry, newbie, not sure about the details of this.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
So let me get this right, is it possible for me to forward my sipgate.co.uk calls to my betamax account for free?

What do I need for this, is this where I need a DID number?

Is that a sipgate DID number or a betamax DID number?

Sorry, newbie, not sure about the details of this.
I took a quick look at the Sipgate website, and saw no reference to call forwarding. Perhaps I did not look enough, but it does not seem that they support it.

There are DID providers like Voxbone, DID World Wide (http://www.didww.com/service_did.php), and others from whom you can get (i.e. for a fee) a DID number that you can send to so&so@sip-provider.com.

However, the receiving network can block such calls.
Voxalot does not block any such connections as far as I know.

IPKall supply a free US number which works with most Voip services, including the Betamax client. The call is terminated in a SIP URI (userid@voip-provider.xxx). However the number is not local to most users.

A VOIP service provider may allow forwarding of the incoming call (SIP or landline via DID) to traditional land-line numbers or to other VOIP accounts based on their stated policies and per call fees.

Voxalot is unique in that a provider (like Sipgate) can be registered in Voxalot on your behalf and you can set-up call forwarding rules to send an incoming call to either a land-line number via another provider or directly to another SIP URI account.

Right now it appears that call forwarding of Voxalot incoming calls to the Betamax client (using the forwarding feature in Voxalot) is not working.

I have not tested a Betamax account registered in an ATA or IP phone as I only use this feature when I am travelling.

Take a good look at the Voxalot forwarding tutorial. This is a very slick feature of the system.

There are many notes about these topics on these forums but you have to patiently search through them and also do some experimentation.

Particularly see ctylor's Voip Tutorial http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=1091

Cheers.

Last edited by kurun; 03-21-2007 at 02:56 AM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #5
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
I took a quick look at the Sipgate website, and saw no reference to call forwarding. Perhaps I did not look enough, but it does not seem that they support it.
Unfortunately you are right; they don't. I have had to set Sipgate as SIP Register="Yes" in my VoXaLot provider list for that very reason.

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Unfortunate that sipgate don't offer this.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote