Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
y_one2002

y_one2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple SIP Registrations

Hi,
I have a question regarding multiple sip registrations (ie. VoxPro has 5 SIP reg.)
What is the purpose of having multiple SIP registrations in one SIP account (SIP #)?

If someone calls me on the SIP #, Is it just all sip resisted hardwares ring at the same time?
OR do I get one extension for each SIP registration hardware? so that the caller can choose which phone to ring?

Thanks in advance.
y_one2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

The "multiple sip registrations (ie. VoxPro has 5 SIP reg.)" are to receive incoming calls to your account from multiple Voice Service providers (VSPs) that require registration of their SIP service, that is providers that will not forward their call to another (third party) SIP account.

This is different from having multiple SIP devices or softphones registering to the same Voxalot account. In this case, when multiple devices are registerd to the same Voxalot account, the devices should in theory all ring when an incoming call is made to that Voxalot account.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
y_one2002

So, does it mean I have one phone number with 5 lines? I can talk to one caller while the other 4 callers can be put on hold. I think I am still not sure the benefit of having multiple sip reg.

Another question, for VOXbasic (0 sip reg) I can not answer any incoming call. all incoming call will directly go into voice mail. I can only call out. Am I correct?

Thanks
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

With Voxalot Basic, you are able to receive calls from other Voxalot accounts, from other VoIP accounts that support SIP address calls to sip:xxxxxx@voxalot.com or support peering via Sipbroker (SIPBroker - Login), or from VoIP Access numbers (SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers).

If the incoming calls go directly to Voicemail, there is probably something wrong with your set-up and/or registration with the Voxalot server.

Using Voxalot premium, you can receive calls in your Voxalot registered SIP device (ATA, VoIP phone, or SIP softphone), from providers that do not allow forwarding of the call to that provider account (Eg. Voiptalk - http://www.voiptalk.org) to a third party account (Eg. Voxalot). This is done by registering that provider account on the Voxalot server, and Voxalot then forwards that call to your SIP device.

By aggregating the services of multiple providers through your Voxalot account, you can optimize your cost of landline calls based on the PSTN call destination.

Please also review the information in the Wiki : Main Page - Voxalot FAQ
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
Oskar

Oskar is on a distinguished road

Hi Kurun,

All my incoming calls are now going to a message service. The internet provider has confirmed that the numbers they are providing are no longer registered and there is no registration request coming from ?? voxalot?? or is it from my modem? All numbers in my voxalot account are registered and active.

I deregistered one of the numbers off and then reregistered it and also turned the number inactive and then active again to try and generate a request whilst the tech was online and saw nothing. I have no idea and don't know how to go about checking.

I did leave a message with Maxalot but did not know how to get back to the message and tell him

dinosaurs R US
Oskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
y_one2002

Thanks kurun, now I have a better picture.
In this case, I think the voxalot server has some technical issues. I could not get calls to my smart phone while the phone shows sip registered. with similar setup, sipgate works fine for me. I will try this service couple weeks later.