Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
hddlab

hddlab is on a distinguished road
Default Problem calling another Voxalot

Hello
I have a Voxalot account and I have a fried that have another, we are having problems when I call him, sometimes the call shutdown with 30 seconds, another time does not conect, others conect but I can hear hin and he ca not hear me.
Some times when I use *010 and I call him, the call goes direct to voicemail.

When we use Gizmo and we call eachothers him using Gizmo and I using Voxalot we do not have this porblems also when we change- he with Voxalot an I using Gizmo same the connection is working.

We already did a lot of tests, and using all the Codecs, and we are getting same result all the time.

Someone here is facing something similar?
Someone here has any ideia of what can be?

Thank you very much for your attention and time

Jose Pinto
hddlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
doctorh

doctorh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddlab View Post
Hello
I have a Voxalot account and I have a fried that have another, we are having problems when I call him, sometimes the call shutdown with 30 seconds, another time does not conect, others conect but I can hear hin and he ca not hear me.
Some times when I use *010 and I call him, the call goes direct to voicemail.

When we use Gizmo and we call eachothers him using Gizmo and I using Voxalot we do not have this porblems also when we change- he with Voxalot an I using Gizmo same the connection is working.

We already did a lot of tests, and using all the Codecs, and we are getting same result all the time.

Someone here is facing something similar?
Someone here has any ideia of what can be?

Thank you very much for your attention and time

Jose Pinto
Yes. This is the same problem reported in other posts, about a service going bad in one of the US proxies. Hopefully can be fixed soon, it started last wednesday...
doctorh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Someone here has any idea of what can be?
What kind of SIP hardware or software are you using? If you send me your Voxalot number I can call you and check your SIP SDP packet for clues to the problem. The call only takes a few seconds, just answer then immediately hang up.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorh View Post
Yes. This is the same problem reported in other posts, about a service going bad in one of the US proxies. Hopefully can be fixed soon, it started last wednesday...
Please see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post24577

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
hddlab

Hi all,
First of all, thank you very much for answers.
The hardware that I´m using: ATA 486 Grandstream and also a softphone Eyebeam, both same result.
Sometimes you can talk others you can´t. After you call another user you also can do one thing change the provider to another that can do peering link Gizmo and you just call the other Voxalot use and works.

I already did many tests, I call the other user direct, I call using the sip code *010, I call using ulaw codec only and I did with all codecs.
And I get same result in my tests.

Also I read here that people that pay has one server and people that does not pay has another, this is something that can be the problem?

Ok, I just would like to say here that this is a problem that the guys here will fix, and I will start to pay for the service anyway. I think that Sipbroker and Voxalot are one of the best things that happens in voice over IP since the first beguin.

Thank you all for your attention and time and alos for allways give us your help.

Jose Pinto
Brazil
Unread 08-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
scaev

scaev is on a distinguished road

Hello, it seems I have the problems mentioned here, too.
I have two Voxalot numbers,
840146 : ATA Planet VIP-156 -> DI-824VUP (full cone NAT) -> public IP address
471473 : SJPhone 1.65 -> DI-824VUP (full cone NAT) -> public IP address
When I call from 840146 through any VSP, voice goes in both directions and everything is OK.
But when I call voxalot-to-voxalot, that is
from 840146 to 471473 or
from 471473 to 840146,
I have either one-way audio or no audio at all. Signalling (ringing, hanging up etc) is OK.
For both numbers,
the echo test (*600) works fine,
STUN is activated in clients,
"Symmetric NAT handling" option is set to "Yes" (if set to "No", nothing is working).
It does not matter if I use eu.voxalot.com or us.voxalot.com.
May I hope that this problem be solved and how?..
scaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaev View Post
..."Symmetric NAT handling" option is set to "Yes" (if set to "No", nothing is working).
As far as I know, Voxalot's optional "Symmetric NAT handling" is a feature that can be activated only when there is a fault that causes a non-routable LAN IP address to be used as the Contact Address in a SIP SDP packet. This can happen when the ATA is behind a symmetric NAT router, the ATA is mis-configured, or a STUN server is not working, etc. The Contact Address is supposed to be your public IP address.

Strangely, your Voxalot to Voxalot calls are being routed through SipBroker. This is not normal. Below, part of a SIP packet captured from your incoming test call shows the servers which handled the SIP packet. Note that sipbroker (64.34.162.221) is the second hop for the call.

Record-Route: <sip:64.34.173.199;lr=on;ftag=as0461a5eb>
Record-Route: <sip:72.51.47.59;lr=on;ftag=as0461a5eb>
Record-Route: <sip:64.34.162.221;lr=on;ftag=as0461a5eb>
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 64.34.173.199;branch=z9hG4bK2b69.a30ed691.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 72.51.47.59;branch=z9hG4bK2b69.6d3f4d22.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 64.34.162.221;branch=z9hG4bK2b69.eeddfa11.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 64.34.173.199:5061;branch=z9hG4bK5197bd11;rport=50 61
From: "840146" <sip:840146@64.34.173.199:5061>;tag=as0461a5eb
To: <sip:*010608019@sipbroker.com>
Call-ID: 6be93ba43f255ff234fdf3977a9e2c54@64.34.173.199
CSeq: 102 INVITE
User-Agent: voxaLot
Max-Forwards: 67
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
hddlab

Hi, I will write in this post some of my experiences and observations with My voxalot.
1- Sometimes I use my account - is a free account - to call an payed account and works fine, other time does not work, some times goes direct to email box and there is also calls that we can tal for 30 seconds.

What we saw, (me and the owner of the payed account).
Sometimes the problem is that we have more then one codec in our options and if he is using one and I´m using another we can not talk.
Sometimes we observe that he is in proxy 2 and I´m in proxy 1 and we have problem.
If I call him using only the voxalot number, nothing happens, but if I call him using the *010 I goes direct to mailbox.

We observe that call another Voxalot user using only the number is different from call other user using the *010.

Sometimes we try to talk using 2 free accounts (since he has 2 accounts one free and other payed) and we have problem, the at the same moment we use free to payed and works, other time I call his payed account and I´m not able to talk then I just change to my Gizmo5 account and I call him and works.

I allways use Eyebeam to make my calls.
He use Fring and 3G. But he also has Eyebeam and normal Internet connection and we have same problems in both situation.

Since I remember or since I try new combinations I will use this space to write what we did and what happens (when things goes wrong) so our experiences maybe can help people here.

Thank you all for your time and attention.
Also a special thanks to people from Sipbroker and Voxalot for let us use the service, this are an amazing experience and I have been learnning a lot with it.
Jose Pinto

Ps: as I´m Brasilian, I would like to ask you guys to forgive my english.
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
hddlab

Today, monday agust 17 I made an observation.

Using Counterpath Eyebeam and Voxalot accounts (Premiun and Free):

1- If one of the sofphones is with one kind of codec and the other with another, you can not talk. Lets say that one user is with ILBC only and the other is with G711 only, in this situation sometimes users does not talk, sometimes call goes direct to mailbox.

2- One user with Free account second user with Premium accoutn, calls are during 30 seconds only when you call the 6 numbers direct.

3- One user with free account second user with premiun account, first useer use *010 and Voxalot number and the conversation is normal.

In number 2 and number 3 case, does not make diference if is the Free account that calls or the Premiun, we gott same result in both.

Ok, guys I hope this can bring some light to people from Voxalot and to others users.

Thank you very much for your attetion

best regards,
Jose Pinto
HDDLAB - Brazil
Unread 08-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
boatman

As far as I know, the free vs paid Voxalot account status has nothing to do with Voxalot - Voxalot call quality or duration.

Quote:
2- One user with Free account second user with Premium account, calls are during 30 seconds only when you call the 6 numbers direct.
This may be the issue described here: Eyebeam sends BYE after 30 seconds on call with MS OCS R2. I noticed that your Eyebeam software sent many RCTP packets. Eyebeam may also expect RCTP packets and terminate the call if they are not received, depending on how Eyebeam is configured. It could also be something to do with a setting called "Automatically hang up calls after ___ seconds of inactivity".

I am not sure what to do about the 30 second call issue. Maybe you can find some relavent setting in Eyebeam's configuration menu. I do have some specific suggestions about certain other settings.

1. Unless you have a special reason to use TCP, set "Signaling Transport" to UDP. Media (RTP) transport should also be UDP if there is a settings for it.

2. There is a problem with the 'Connection Address' on the SDP packet sent by your Eyebeam software. Unless you are behind symmetric NAT the 'Connection Address' should be your public IP address, not 64.34.173.199. To attempt a correction of this error I suggest the following changes under "Account Properties - Topology":

Use 'Discover global address'
Use: 'Use specified server:' stun.voxalot.com:3478

Do not use: 'Enable ICE'

3. I am not sure if this point is important but may be worth trying. Under "Properties of Account" / "Domain Proxy" / "Send outbound via" set 'proxy' and enter the same as used in the above section "User Details" / "Domain". I guess this is us.voxalot.com in your case.