Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #1
wenklaw

wenklaw is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot incoming calls and registering voipstunt

Hi everyone

I am new to this and have searched in vain to try and resolve the issue without postings but youve guessed it it still doesnt work.
I have 2 seperate problems

Problem 1
I cannot seem to be able to receive calls on my Voxalot SIP number 4242## via a SIPBroker PSTN number.
What happens is if I am not logged into Voxalot via my Nokia E65 inbuilt SIP client i dial the number and get voicemail, i can leave a message which is then emailed to me which includes the number i tried to call from, no problems, so i am dialling via the sipbroker correctly.
The problem is when I am logged into Voxalot on the Nokia E65, i can dial out to the test numbers but if you call the SIP number from another line you receive engaged tone, but then i receive an email with a silent voicemail attached

Problem 2
How do i set up voipstunt as a voice provider? I have tried but it always list '-' in the registered box on Voxalot. Has anyone got a step by step guide as i have followed the tutorials with no success.

Many thanks
wenklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenklaw View Post
Hi everyone

I am new to this and have searched in vain to try and resolve the issue without postings but youve guessed it it still doesnt work.
I have 2 seperate problems

Problem 1
I cannot seem to be able to receive calls on my Voxalot SIP number 4242## via a SIPBroker PSTN number.
What happens is if I am not logged into Voxalot via my Nokia E65 inbuilt SIP client i dial the number and get voicemail, i can leave a message which is then emailed to me which includes the number i tried to call from, no problems, so i am dialling via the sipbroker correctly.
The problem is when I am logged into Voxalot on the Nokia E65, i can dial out to the test numbers but if you call the SIP number from another line you receive engaged tone, but then i receive an email with a silent voicemail attached

Problem 2
How do i set up voipstunt as a voice provider? I have tried but it always list '-' in the registered box on Voxalot. Has anyone got a step by step guide as i have followed the tutorials with no success.

Many thanks

In regards to problem 1, try to log in with a softphone, or an ATA device if available and see what happens.... Also from the way you describe the problem it sounds like a codec issue (does your phone ring at all)... Is there any settings on your phone where you can choose preferred codecs?

As for problem 2, you can only SIP Register a provider if you have a premium account. But what are you trying to do with VoipStunt? It doesn't need to register to make calls, only if you need to receive calls...(so as long as active is set to yes you can make calls). Check the Smart Call/Dial plan section on setting up on how to dial numbers so that the call is placed through VoipStunt
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote