Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #11
mian

mian is on a distinguished road

So it is sort of confirmed that there is a problem b/w betamax and Rogers

I am looking for some cheap VSP for rogers ,, any suggestion

One more thing can I use PhoneGnome ... (I got registered at last)

i.e. DIDWW -> Voxalot -> PhoneGnome -> Rogers

if yes how?
mian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:46 AM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mian View Post
So it is sort of confirmed that there is a problem b/w betamax and Rogers

I am looking for some cheap VSP for rogers ,, any suggestion

One more thing can I use PhoneGnome ... (I got registered at last)

i.e. DIDWW -> Voxalot -> PhoneGnome -> Rogers

if yes how?
See the first part of this Worlwide Local Calls (ignore the rest of that guide it's a bit outdated) on how to get the SIP Details for your PhoneGnome account

From there add PhoneGnome in VoXalot as you do any other provider.... (It'll let you call for free any numbers that are already registered with PhoneGnome)

Last edited by emoci; 12-05-2007 at 06:52 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
mian

Ok

I did get my CELL and HOME phone registered with PhoneGnome (at last)

I got the SIP details for my HOME phone and set it up with Voxalot

Now the results are not constant

1. I called my cell phone with no result (busy tone) ... I check PhoneGnome Placed call details .. it shows 4-5 sec outgoing calls as NET

2. I registered my HOME sip info. with Voxalot
It worked 50% ... but was getting double calls as HOME was registered with Voxalot

3. I removed the registeration from VOxalot .. It was working 60-70% of time BUT .. the strange thing was .. My cell phone was getting double calls .. first call was dead silince and then there was another call waiting and when I pick it up .. two way communication ... This was showing as NET calls in Phonegnome

4. I chose NO and then again YES in ACTIVE field of voxalot... now calls are not going through .. same busy tone .. and PhoneGnome is showing NET calls instead of FREE

?????
Is PhoneGnome reliable or this behaviour is normal
Unread 12-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #14
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Ok

I did get my CELL and HOME phone registered with PhoneGnome (at last)

I got the SIP details for my HOME phone and set it up with Voxalot

Now the results are not constant

1. I called my cell phone with no result (busy tone) ... I check PhoneGnome Placed call details .. it shows 4-5 sec outgoing calls as NET

2. I registered my HOME sip info. with Voxalot
It worked 50% ... but was getting double calls as HOME was registered with Voxalot

3. I removed the registeration from VOxalot .. It was working 60-70% of time BUT .. the strange thing was .. My cell phone was getting double calls .. first call was dead silince and then there was another call waiting and when I pick it up .. two way communication ... This was showing as NET calls in Phonegnome

4. I chose NO and then again YES in ACTIVE field of voxalot... now calls are not going through .. same busy tone .. and PhoneGnome is showing NET calls instead of FREE

?????
Is PhoneGnome reliable or this behaviour is normal
Hmmm, it's been reasonably reliable for me (it has its days, but reliable most of the time)..

Make sure you have not set SIP Register to Yes in VoXalot for the PhoneGnome set up (you need it to be active but not registered, in fact if you are going to use it for forwarding only, you don't even have to set active to yes)
Unread 12-07-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
mian

I didnt register it now ..

But what is the use of ACTIVE status then???

Difference b/w YES n NO in Active Status
Unread 12-07-2007, 02:52 AM   #16
emoci

Quote:
I didnt register it now ..

But what is the use of ACTIVE status then???

Difference b/w YES n NO in Active Status
Well is it working?

Sip Registration means it will receive Incoming Calls.
Active means it can be used from your ATA through the Dialing Plans.
However for Forwarding you automatically pick the provider you want, so it can be inactive for use via dial plans but still be used for forwarding.
Unread 12-07-2007, 03:18 AM   #17
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

I have had issues using one phonegnome(unfunded) account to call another(FUP voilations and requests to make payment to restore status emails from phonegnome) and using the same account can sometimes cause calls to go straight to voicemail pin code request if your mobile carrier uses caller ID for authentication for voicemail.

I while back I started using **466(phonegnome dial sting to ring own phone.) You use this on account belonging to the phone you are forwarding too. This has been 100 % reliably for me on unfunded phonegnome accounts and has not resulted in any payment requests no matter how often used. The call comes through with an 'unknown or private' caller ID.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #18
mian

I guess this happened casue I tried to call my cell phone no. from home no (both registered) from PhoneGnome website (webcall) and instead it takes me to BUY CREDIT!!!

I will give a try to **466 2marrow

I just wish this Betamax thing is fixed for canada cell (rogers) ... this will solve all the issue ... By the way I tried directly from VoipDiscount web site (web call) from home to cell ,, and same thing i.e. one way voice
Unread 12-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
hust

hust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just wish this Betamax thing is fixed for canada cell (rogers) ... this will solve all the issue ... By the way I tried directly from VoipDiscount web site (web call) from home to cell ,, and same thing i.e. one way voice
I have been suspecting this issue is not wrong of Betamax(Voipdiscount) but Rogers has done something at the interconnecting gateway with Betamax(Voipdiscount).Maybe,Rogers thinks Betamax results in too much free calls to waste their mobile network resource.

Last edited by hust; 12-07-2007 at 02:40 PM.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #20
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by hust View Post
I have been suspecting this issue is not wrong of Betamax(Voipdiscount) but Rogers has done something at the interconnecting gateway with Betamax(Voipdiscount).Maybe,Rogers thinks Betamax results in too much free calls to waste their mobile network resource.
It sounds more like a coverage issue or even phone specific.... I have a Fido cellphone (as you know Rogers bought Fido anyways and they are now using the same network) and I haven't had a problem (granted I am using InternetCalls not VoipDiscount though)