Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
sipaway

sipaway is on a distinguished road
Default Callcentric will not register

I am new to Voxalot services, but I cannot find any previous posts indicating a resolution to Callcentric VSP not registering using my Voxalot Premium account. I found one post on this issue, and it said that Callcentric was having trouble, but it had been resolved. I found another post that said Callcentric changes its port numbers often which could be the cause. Could someone please reply with a concrete answer regarding use of Callcentric with Voxalot for outgoing calls? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
sipaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
sipaway

Lightbulb Callcentric not registering : new finding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipaway View Post
I am new to Voxalot services, but I cannot find any previous posts indicating a resolution to Callcentric VSP not registering using my Voxalot Premium account. I found one post on this issue, and it said that Callcentric was having trouble, but it had been resolved. I found another post that said Callcentric changes its port numbers often which could be the cause. Could someone please reply with a concrete answer regarding use of Callcentric with Voxalot for outgoing calls? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Since my original post, I've tested my Callcentric dial plan, and outgoing calls are completing, despite showing "-" for registration status in my account Service Provider list. I'm happy it's working, but curious to know why I do not see "registered" for status, as I do for the other two VSPs I have added to my Service Provider list. Thanks.
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipaway View Post
Since my original post, I've tested my Callcentric dial plan, and outgoing calls are completing, despite showing "-" for registration status in my account Service Provider list. I'm happy it's working, but curious to know why I do not see "registered" for status, as I do for the other two VSPs I have added to my Service Provider list. Thanks.
As you may have read elsewhere, you only need to register in order to receive calls, outgoing calls do not require registration in 99% of the cases (CallCentric Included)

Add to this the fact that CallCentric will let you forward to a SIP URI like VoXalotID@VoXalot.com on its own means that a registration is really not neccessary to receive calls either in this case

However, if you really want to register CallCentric for incoming calls, leave the current CallCentric Setup as is, but set SIP Register to No...

Then try creating another Provider setup, using in.callcentric.com as the host (from what I've read this tends to work for registration and incoming, but may show issues with outgoing calls, hence the reason you may need to setup CallCentric twice, one for outgoing, the other for incoming)

I would however suggest using the CallCentric Call Treatments to forward calls to your VoXalot acct, and using CallCentric in VoXalot just for outgoing...this also gives you an extra space for SIP Registering any other providers you may need

Hope this helps....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
sipaway

Default Follow-up on Callcentric registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
As you may have read elsewhere, you only need to register in order to receive calls, outgoing calls do not require registration in 99% of the cases (CallCentric Included)

Add to this the fact that CallCentric will let you forward to a SIP URI like VoXalotID@VoXalot.com on its own means that a registration is really not neccessary to receive calls either in this case

However, if you really want to register CallCentric for incoming calls, leave the current CallCentric Setup as is, but set SIP Register to No...

Then try creating another Provider setup, using in.callcentric.com as the host (from what I've read this tends to work for registration and incoming, but may show issues with outgoing calls, hence the reason you may need to setup CallCentric twice, one for outgoing, the other for incoming)

I would however suggest using the CallCentric Call Treatments to forward calls to your VoXalot acct, and using CallCentric in VoXalot just for outgoing...this also gives you an extra space for SIP Registering any other providers you may need

Hope this helps....

Thank you for this information. As it turns out, Callcentric will not allow call treatments (e.g., call forwarding) on a pay-per-call account without a DID number. I cannot get a DID number in my area with Callcentric, so I opted to use the service without a DID. Instead, I used WWDID to purchase a DID in my area, which is then forwarded to the Callcentric SIP URI (e.g., in.callcentric.com) using my fictitious number assigned by Callcentric.

However, despite my Callcentric account still showing "-" for registration status in my Voxalot Service Provider list, I tested an incoming call today using my DID number, and the incoming call was received. So, apparently Callcentric accounts can be set up to "register" with Voxalot, and still work for incoming calls despite the "-"?? I'm still unsure as to why this is, but very happy it is working as it should. Thanks.
Unread 03-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
sipaway

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post

Hope this helps....

My apologies...I see now that Callcentric will allow me to forward to my Voxalot number in "call treatments", despite not purchasing a DID with them. Since my incoming calls are arriving via Callcentric as if it were "registered" with Voxalot, I will keep the call treatment option in mind as a back-up plan. Thanks.