Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
mschmarck

mschmarck is on a distinguished road
Question Outgoing calls don't work

Good $TZ!

I'm having problems making outgoing calls using a Siemens Gigaset C450IP - or rather, listening to outgoing calls. When I call 00498001507090 (German free call, Die Bahn Automated Auskunft), I just hear nothing at all. As you can see from my dial plan further down, calls to 0049x are routed over Home: dus.net GmbH - VoIP : DSL : Equipment Housing. In the dus.net user control panel, I DO see that the call actually was established just fine:

[code="dus.net Kundenbereich"]
2008-07-24 20:26:22 "Fam S" <038722abcd> 038722abcd 00498001507090 00038722abcd 00:16 00:11 0,000 Germany FreeCall Nummer
[/code]

I also tried calling 0049640390503760 (Alternate B2B contact phone) and in dus.net, I see:

Code:
2008-07-24 20:43:11	"Fam S" <038722abcd>	038722abcd	0049640390503760	00038722abcd	00:30	00:21	0,522	Germany Festnetz
(You might also want to check the attached screenshot, it might be a bit clearer about what the numbers mean.)

When you call that number after 6pm German time, you'll get an automatted answer telling you, that you're too late. But as you can see from the excerpts above, a call indeed WAS established (eg. to the 004964... number, I "talked" for 21seconds and I was chared 0,522€).

Same problem with the automatted WDR2 Stau Info (+49-2211-6803050).

BUT: When I call my Swiss mobile phone and change the dial plan so, that it routes the call over dus.net as well (instead of the default sipcall.ch), I hear no ringtone, but after picking up the call on my mobile phone, I can hear myself just fine on both phones. So it sometimes does work, it seems. I'm sure that dus.net was used to reach my mobile phone because of the phone number which is displayed in the display of my mobile (when I set it to sipcall.ch, a different number is shown).

Calls to the echo test *600 and *500 voice mail works just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun
Try *266300 (Test call via SipBroker).
Try *18005558355 (Tell Me service)
Can you dial 500 (Voicemail) or 600 (Echotest)?
No go - just silence.

[quote]

Incoming calls work just fine (either direct via the numbers of sipcall.ch & dus.net and also via SipBroker PSTN gateway (tried many in different countries)). SIPBroker - EziDial also works.

I have the same problems when I change my dial plan to always use sipcall.ch.

Well, I'm out of ideas Am I doing something wrong? What can I do, to make my setup work?

Code:
Voice Service Providers
Name  	Username  	Host  	Active  	Reg. Status  	 
sipcall.ch 	4132512abcd 	sip.backbone.ch 	Yes 	Registered 	Edit Delete
dus.net 	00038722abcd 	voip.dus.net 	Yes 	Registered 	Edit Delete

Dial Plan
#  	Pattern  	Replacement  	Provider  	Active  	 
1 	_0049. 	${EXTEN} 	dus.net 	Yes 	Edit Delete
2 	_0041. 	${EXTEN} 	sipcall.ch 	Yes 	Edit Delete
999 	_xxxx. 	${EXTEN} 	sipcall.ch 	Yes
Best regards,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dus.net connection overview.jpg (27.1 KB, 5 views)
mschmarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

First just to summarize, correct anything that's wrong:

1. You can call *600
2. You can call *500
3. Incoming calls are working fine?
4. When you place a call with dus.net, you do not hear it ringing on the line, your cellphone rings, but you do not have 2 way audio
5. When you call via SipCall.ch, you do not hear it ringing, but you have 2 way audio when you pickup

This is what I'd suggest trying:

1. When setting up dus.net and SipCall.ch in VoXalot enter the following under the codec field:
ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

2. Set up a Stun server in your device if you can (eg. stun.xten.com)

3. There are two settings when logged into VoXalot...
The first is NAT Symmetric Handling (under member details)
The second is Optimize Audio (last field when setting up a provider)

If Nat Symmetric Handling is set to Yes (default setting), then Optimize Audio should be set on No

Otherwise try setting NAT Symmetric Handling to No, then try having Optimize Audio on both No and Yes and see if any of those make a difference...

4. Make sure you are using
us.voxalot.com
or
eu.voxalot.com
or
au.voxalot.com
to register, and that the server you are registering to, matches your selected cluster (under member details, when logged in)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
mschmarck

Red face No luck...

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
First just to summarize, correct anything that's wrong:

1. You can call *600
2. You can call *500
3. Incoming calls are working fine?
4. When you place a call with dus.net, you do not hear it ringing on the line, your cellphone rings, but you do not have 2 way audio
5. When you call via SipCall.ch, you do not hear it ringing, but you have 2 way audio when you pickup
4 is not correct. At least not always. When I call my mobile, I do not hear it ringing and my cellphone rings (that's correct), but I DO have 2 way audio.

When I call some other number (like the German "test" numbers I mentioned), I hear nothing at all.

There's no difference in behaviour between dus.net and sipcall.ch.

Quote:
1. When setting up dus.net and SipCall.ch in VoXalot enter the following under the codec field:
ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm
I had it set to "g726;alaw;ulaw", because those are the codecs that the C450IP supports and it's the order that I have set in the C450IP's preferences.

Quote:
2. Set up a Stun server in your device if you can (eg. stun.xten.com)
Tried it with and without. My device is in my local "LAN". I used stunserver.org:3487.

Quote:
3. There are two settings when logged into VoXalot...
The first is NAT Symmetric Handling (under member details)
The second is Optimize Audio (last field when setting up a provider)
I already tried every possible combination. Didn't change anything.

Quote:
4. Make sure you are using
us.voxalot.com
or
eu.voxalot.com
or
au.voxalot.com
to register, and that the server you are registering to, matches your selected cluster (under member details, when logged in)
I used eu.voxalot.com, as I'm in Switzerland.

What else can be done?

Thanks a lot,
Michael
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Well, I assume you've done the obvious and tried to reboot the ATA already.

I still suggest actually trying stun.xten.com (instead of stunserver.org)

Another thing to consider is:
-Do you have this same issue if you are registering your ATA directly with either provider (not VoXalot)?
-Try registering with VoXalot using a SoftPhone rather than your ATA, does this issue persist (as for SoftPhone suggestions, either X-lite, or Zoiper ... I tend to think Zoiper is a bit more straigforward to set up quickly)

From what you describe it sounds like an ATA problem with the ringtone, especially since you can normally talk fine if you pickup the mobile...

What's throwing me off is the fact that those test numbers aren't producing any audio (eg. can you call *010165528....if it goes well you should hear a message in italian)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
mschmarck

Red face

Hi!

I haven't rebooted the ATA. Will try that, but I very much doubt that this changes anything at all.

Or maybe I have rebooted it by changing some stuff? Maybe it reboots automatically? I don't know - I'll pull the plug for a few secs when I'm back home. But I don't expect that this will change anything.

Reg. STUN: Will try using stun.xten.com, but do you think that this changes anything?

Reg. Softphone: Haven't tried, but will try that. But even if it works with a Softphone, what does this show us?

I do not have these issues, when I do not use Voxalot. It works just fine with pbxes.org (but pbxes.org sucks big time, and so I'm looking for somethign better - BTW: if Voxalot doesn't work, what other providers are out there, which offer similiar service?). And when I register directly with the providers, everything's fine as well.

Reg ringtone: ATA problem? Dunno. Compatibility issue with Voxalot, I rather suppose, since I do have a ringtone when using pbxes.org or providers directly.

Reg. *010165528: Haven't tried this test number. Will do so - do you expect a different result than with *266300 or *18005558355?

If all of that doesn't work - what else to do? I payed 25$ and so I absolutely want something to work - or at least, I'd like to get my money back.

Best regards,
Michael