Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
MarkosJal

MarkosJal is on a distinguished road
Default Just a bunch of questions

Can I make only one registration to the Voxalot account to take advantage of my accounts or will voxalot support multiple logins?

If I have a device that supports multiple channels (one registration), is there a limit on simultaneous outbound channels through voxalot?

If I set up trunks or outbound providers apparently they will NOT be registered as long as I am not sending calls to them is this accurate? I want to start setting up outbound routing while using the accounts elsewhere.

Is there no shortcut for setting up multiple providers? For example, I divide my Mexico calls between 5 different providers or trunks. I must make a SEPARATE entry for each area code? I should point out that I am talking about 100 or so entries just for Mexico ALONE! That does not factor in that I have Canada divided by four different prividers, and many UK Cities divided between at least 2 different providers, and a Catch all for the rest of the UK. What this means is that the outbound routing appears to then become a nightmare, with an unmanageable number of entries. I thought the purpose of VoxALot was to be able to control those outbound routes, however that does not seem easily accomplised with the amount of time involved in Mexico routing alone (which is my single heaviest calling destination)

Last edited by MarkosJal; 05-24-2006 at 05:55 AM.
MarkosJal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

> Can I make only one registration to the Voxalot account to take
> advantage of my accounts or will voxalot support multiple logins?

We support multiple logins.

> If I have a device that supports multiple channels (one registration),
> is there a limit on simultaneous outbound channels through voxalot?

None that we are aware of.

> If I set up trunks or outbound providers apparently they will NOT be
> registered as long as I am not sending calls to them is this accurate?
> I want to start setting up outbound routing while using the accounts
> elsewhere.

Yes it is accurate. VoXaLot does not pre-register with outbound providers (this feature is coming and will be optional on a provider basis)

> Is there no shortcut for setting up multiple providers?

Are you suggesting an import or copy feature? If so, what would be more beneficial to you?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.

Last edited by martin; 05-24-2006 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

Does that mean voxalot support multiple registrations?

If you have a spa2000 with two lines both lines can ring for an incomming call and make outgoing calls on one account?
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba
Does that mean voxalot support multiple registrations?

If you have a spa2000 with two lines both lines can ring for an incomming call and make outgoing calls on one account?
It would be good if both could ring simultaneously and the one that answers takes the call, but it might also be no so good. Sounds like we might need some thinking on this one.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
MarkosJal

MarkosJal is on a distinguished road

This would mean that in theeory for the SPA 2000you could register both channels to the same voxalot account. For one account be sure that you select REGISTER BEFORE PLACING CALL , and default register NO

This means that with one channel always registers and on the other channel it registers only when making a call. Your device will then receoive calls on the channel that is always registered.
MarkosJal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:05 AM   #6
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road
Default multi channels, etc

If I have several, say, 10 DIDs and each of them has 2 channels, and if I point all my DIDs to one and the same Voxalot account, is it possible to receive 20 calls simultaneously? If I want to forward all those simultaneous calls, is it possible with just one “Forward to URI” record, i.e. to just one sip address?

Thanks!
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:29 AM   #7
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
If I have several, say, 10 DIDs and each of them has 2 channels, and if I point all my DIDs to one and the same Voxalot account, is it possible to receive 20 calls simultaneously?
If you have 20 phones registered to that same VoXaLot account, the answer should be yes (I do it regularly with two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
If I want to forward all those simultaneous calls, is it possible with just one “Forward to URI” record, i.e. to just one sip address?
I would think so. The destination URI better be able to handle 20 simultaneous calls also.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote