Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-29-2007, 04:13 AM   #41
dc2007

dc2007 is on a distinguished road

voxalot kind of service are few there are about 2 or 3 of them that i know off but it seems only voxalot that have this basic features for free and quite realiable and freaking easy to setup at that. this guys deserves some kind of appreciation. at least that's how i see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
The comment on "extortionate behavior" is unfair.

For Voxalot to host this service, there are data centre costs involved, besides the expertise and time.

To run a server at home, one should consider the overall cost of ownership, initial cost of the server, physical space, maintenance costs, server data back-up, UPS Back-up, your time, and cost of electric power.

Probably the cost of the electric power alone to run the server will be comparable to or higher than the yearly VoxPremium charge.

I do not know of any provider that requires registration to send outgoing calls (yes, perhaps it shows how little I know).
And if I did, I have learned how to stay away from them !

Registration is only required in general for incoming calls depending on the provider, as to whether they provide what I call a "real" DID with SIP forwarding capability or a "captive" DID that works only with their registered account.

Further, I am more comfortable using services from a company that charges a nominal and fair fee, than from a company offering free service, as then I have a reasonable expectation of ongoing reliability and support. This is very important for me, and the support from the VoXalot team has been absolutely excellent.

I do realize that you and me and many others were beta testing the system.
That was part of the technical attraction for me to learn how to use VoIP in general, and as many features of the Voxalot service as possible, in particular.
Is it reasonable to fault a company offering a valued service for trying to create a revenue stream?

The feature set in VoxBasic is extensive, and enough for my purpose.
However, I still feel I should sign up and express my vote of support.

Thanks
dc2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #42
MrHatken

MrHatken is on a distinguished road
Default Only Into Voxalot Registrations are counted?

Howdy All,

I thought I had it worked out but now I am not so sure.

It is correct that we only have to pay for "Into Voxalot" registrations not "Registrations via Voxalot with other VSPs"?

So it is the number of VoIP devices (ATAs, IP Phones, SoftPhones) that we want to register with Voxalot that determines the Voxalot plan / cost.

I understand that most (if not all) VSPs allow us to make calls via Voxalot without registering (Voxalot with those VSPs).

However, if we want to receive calls that are made to us via those VSPs we would need to register Voxalot with those VSPs.

I assume these registrations are not included in the determination of the Voxalot plan / cost we need.

Thanks in advance for confirming or correcting my understanding.

Cheers,
Ashley.
MrHatken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:22 AM   #43
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Hi Ashley,

You can have as many devices logged in to Voxalot for use, I know of no limit or cost consideration here.

The cost consideration comes from Voxalot needing to keep in constant contact with an external service provider -- that is, keeping the account "SIP Registered". For as many VSPs that you require this, then it uses resources provided by Voxalot in order to maintain the "SIP registered Status" of the particular VSP account.

On the other hand, if a VSP can forward calls to you "SIP URI" of Voxalot without needing to be "SIP Registered", then that is almost like a 'free' "SIP Registration" -- ie, not really needing to be "SIP Registered", but still able to receive calls.

The more providers that need the overhead of "SIP Registration", the more it costs Voxalot, hence the need to upgrade to a suitable VoxPremium level to support your required SIP registrations.

Some providers will not let make an "Authenticated Call" at the time of the call.... they need you to be constantly registered in order to be able to make calls. These will count as a "SIP Register" VSP for which membership 'costs' are a consideration. However, most providers will allow you to make an "Authenticated Call" without needing their account to be "SIP Registered" -- using these providers stop the "SIP Registration Count" being an issue.

VoxBasic doesn't allow any "SIP Register" accounts at all, but if your VSP can forward all calls to your Voxalot "SIP URI" and you can make "Authenticated Calls" using that provider without being required to have it "SIP Registered", then that is fine. Of course there are other features such as "Call Connection (Call Forwarding)" by Voxalot and "Web Call Back" which are not available with VoxBasic.

For many people a VoxLite account will be more than sufficient; it will allow one VSP to be continously "SIP Registered" and will also allow access to VoxPremium features. Those requiring more VSPs to be "SIP Registered" will have to upgrade their VoxPremium product accordingly.

Just to re-iterate. The number of "SIP Registered" VSPs is what determines the VoxPremium level, not the number of ATA's / Soft phones / IP phones, etc that are logged into the Voxalot account.

In fact you can have multiple devices logged into Voxalot with any account type and have all phones ring until one is answered or the call goes to voicemail. Obviously if the Voxalot account is just a VoxBasic, then the only calls you can receive are those that can be routed to your Voxalot account via a "SIP URI" mapping and the premium features of Voxalot will not be available.

Kind Regards
AndrewM
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #44
MrHatken

MrHatken is on a distinguished road

Hi Andrew,

Thanks again for your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post

The number of "SIP Registered" VSPs is what determines the VoxPremium level, not the number of ATA's / Soft phones / IP phones, etc that are logged into the Voxalot account.
So I had it completely around the wrong way :-(

Quote:

On the other hand, if a VSP can forward calls to you "SIP URI" of Voxalot without needing to be "SIP Registered", then that is almost like a 'free' "SIP Registration" -- ie, not really needing to be "SIP Registered", but still able to receive calls.

However, most providers will allow you to make an "Authenticated Call" without needing their account to be "SIP Registered"
I wonder if Voxalot could indicate whether the VSP provide these two features on their Global Provider Index? Of course, that may not be so good for their business ;-)

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Ashley.
MrHatken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #45
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Hallo!
from now I am voxalot "Premium" user to. My free VOIP numbers recived from sipgate.at and other free DID providers (Total 6) are al registred at PBXES.COM. All calls to this number are forwarded to SIP/myvoxnumber@voxalot.com. This configuration is ca 6 months old. Practicaly all I need was included in free "Basic" option - but for litle financial support to Voxalot and for excelent product that You have I decide to upgrade my free account to Premium.

Thank you very much for Your service!

Regards,
Fla
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote