Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

 
 
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
satphoneguy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 47
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
satphoneguy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosaid View Post
Any Pbxes alternative out there? not necessarily free but cheaper.





I know you don't and we all got your point at your previous post.
mysipswtich has recently had some upgrades and can be used for just about anything that does not require handling audio path. you can program your own scripts inside the dial plan using ruby. this makes it limited only by your imagination and programing skill. there are no plans to every make it a paid service and support through the forum is excellent.

liberailvoip is also feature packed and can be used for callthrough and callback. limitation is that the UI is only in Italian. agian this is a non-commercial service that plans to remain free.

net2max can do most of what the others can. free and paid options.

of course there is voxalot.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
there really is no correlation between price and service; that is a huge myth. there is good and bad support and there is free and paid but not a connection between the two necessarily.
What if BlueFace had financial difficulties (not something rare in voip business) and myipswitch budget suddenly cut off? It's fine if I use it for pure fun, but what if I built primary communication system based on myipswitch? Free services are not guaranteed, and thus cannot be used in critical applications, unless you know they are guaranteed for some reason other then being commercial. I use gmail with no problem as it's unlikely to have this kind of financial problems anytime soon. I'd use Voxalot free account with no fear because it is commercial project and again it's unlikely to disappear. Myipswitch? I'd love to use it, but I don't know if I can allow to myself set it up once and forget about it.

Another thing is, what I planned to do is to connect 5-6 clients (ATA and soft) into a network with shared providers, "intercom"-like communication between nodes, etc - something similar I used to see in offices. All this should be easily manageable. I think I can't do it with myipswitch, as remote nodes are likely to have codec differences. It would be difficult to do it with Voxalot unless I'm willing to pay for 5-6 paid accounts - I'd have to pay quite a lot while having very limited features (1 registration etc). So I discovered PBXes that can do all that at one account, which makes it very easy to manage, plus it gives much more features then I can have at Voxalot for $15/account, optional audio bypass like myipswitch, etc. Am I missing something?
The only real problem I see is that I'm not sure I can build such a network having just 2000 min at my hand.
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
satphoneguy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 47
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
satphoneguy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
What if BlueFace had financial difficulties (not something rare in voip business) and myipswitch budget suddenly cut off? It's fine if I use it for pure fun, but what if I built primary communication system based on myipswitch? Free services are not guaranteed, and thus cannot be used in critical applications, unless you know they are guaranteed for some reason other then being commercial. I use gmail with no problem as it's unlikely to have this kind of financial problems anytime soon. I'd use Voxalot free account with no fear because it is commercial project and again it's unlikely to disappear. Myipswitch? I'd love to use it, but I don't know if I can allow to myself set it up once and forget about it.

Another thing is, what I planned to do is to connect 5-6 clients (ATA and soft) into a network with shared providers, "intercom"-like communication between nodes, etc - something similar I used to see in offices. All this should be easily manageable. I think I can't do it with myipswitch, as remote nodes are likely to have codec differences. It would be difficult to do it with Voxalot unless I'm willing to pay for 5-6 paid accounts - I'd have to pay quite a lot while having very limited features (1 registration etc). So I discovered PBXes that can do all that at one account, which makes it very easy to manage, plus it gives much more features then I can have at Voxalot for $15/account, optional audio bypass like myipswitch, etc. Am I missing something?
The only real problem I see is that I'm not sure I can build such a network having just 2000 min at my hand.
at my last count paid services go out of business and leave customers stranded just like free ones may. if it is really that critical it may be best to use PSTN for all your trunks and your own asterisk box for the PBX.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
at my last count paid services go out of business and leave customers stranded just like free ones may. if it is really that critical it may be best to use PSTN for all your trunks and your own asterisk box for the PBX.
Well, I'm willing to sacrifice that level of control that requires PSTN

As for my own box - I would never be able to replicate anything close to redundancy any data center has. Oh yeah, my UPS could hold for 30min, and what's then?

But will you argue that features wise, as all-in-one solution, pbxes beats anything around?
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #15
tosaid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tosaid is on a distinguished road
Default

I think we all agree that one of the main reasons why we all switched to VOIP is to have the freedom to make phone calls to wherever and whenever we want and pay a reasonable fees.
I agree that an all in one solution is more than welcome but when you start counting your calls minutes -in my book- it means it s time to start looking for an alternative.
For personal (home) use 2.95 euros ($5us) is fair in enough but 2000 min it's just doesn't make any sens. If it's for 5000min I'll sign up right away. I don't talk that much monthly but it s just silly to start counting my minutes on my home phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
mysipswtich has recently had some upgrades and can be used for just about anything that does not require handling audio path. you can program your own scripts inside the dial plan using ruby. this makes it limited only by your imagination and programing skill. there are no plans to every make it a paid service and support through the forum is excellent.

liberailvoip is also feature packed and can be used for callthrough and callback. limitation is that the UI is only in Italian. agian this is a non-commercial service that plans to remain free.

net2max can do most of what the others can. free and paid options.

of course there is voxalot.

Thank for the information. I do use Mysipswith a few months now and I m quite happy with it. I m using liberalvoip for callback since i discverded emoci guide. And I did try liberalvoip pbx it s really good and got all pbxes features that I need plus speed dial list.

Last edited by tosaid; 04-04-2008 at 08:55 PM.
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #16
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

Agree - 2000 min could make sense only for personal (read - one person) communication, but if I'm gonna use few ATA... Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR

Anyone knows if mysipswitch allows to connect few ATA to one account to ring independently? They have that syntax something.user@mysipswitch.com, but I think it's only for SIP URI incoming calls... Any idea?
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
satphoneguy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 47
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
satphoneguy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
Agree - 2000 min could make sense only for personal (read - one person) communication, but if I'm gonna use few ATA... Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR

Anyone knows if mysipswitch allows to connect few ATA to one account to ring independently? They have that syntax something.user@mysipswitch.com, but I think it's only for SIP URI incoming calls... Any idea?
functionality within a single account is in the works. in the meantime you can set up separate accounts for each phone and than route calls as: sip:acountname@local
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:53 AM   #18
Juste
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 65
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Juste is on a distinguished road
Default who else is offering Callthru ?

Since Voxalot seems to have completely dropped the idea of VoxRoam, what are my other options apart from PBXes and their latest restrictions ?

I am looking for someone offering the same (reliable) Callthru feature as PBXes.

Thanks
Juste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM   #19
325xi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 79
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
325xi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR
Well, their IVR, or Digital Receptionist, appears to be quiet a neat thingy. What it can do for a personal use is to allow having just one DID used for all possible uses: call to all your predefined destinations (home-office-mobile-best friend), callthrough, ANI callback, and any of your voicemail boxes. And yes, direct dialing any of your extensions (can have up to 10 independent ATA connected).
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voxalot and Sipura/ATA Tutorial: A Comprehensive Walkthrough ctylor Voxalot General 5 04-28-2010 12:52 AM
VoXaLot not working with PBXes (VoXaLot as an extension of PBXes) wilsonhlacerda Voxalot Support 31 12-09-2007 02:30 PM
Voxalot & Pbxes Calls richard99 Voxalot Support 8 10-24-2007 06:29 PM
Voxalot ---> pbxes free unico2003 Voxalot Supporto Italia 30 03-05-2007 02:13 PM
Newbie - but please be nice Mallycat Voxalot Support 21 04-15-2006 07:50 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.