Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
mhkb

mhkb is on a distinguished road
Default 2 mynetfone accounts

I have 2 MyNetFone accounts for different members of my household and wanted to set them up using Voxalot on different dial plans (eg. prefix determines MyNetFone account). Both accounts have their own DID's, but since I only wanted to use 1 of the DID's, I registered for a VoxLite account. I've setup the accounts and I can dial out using the account with the registered DID, but using the other account returns a call hang-up signal. If I switch the accounts (ie. which has 'SIP Register' ticked) the other account then works, so I know both accounts work. I also have a WorldDialPoint account without DID and that works fine. Does anyone know if I need to upgrade to a VoxPro account to use 2 MyNetFone accounts for outgoing calls? I've noticed VoxPro allows me to upgrade, but will charge me $15 USD, where the original price difference was only $10 USD.
mhkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Both MNF accounts need to be registered in order to make outgoing calls so, yes, you would need a VoxPro account if you wanted to do that. MNF is one of a very few VSPs that need registration for outgoing calls.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

Last edited by ozimarco; 01-22-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: grammar
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
mhkb

Thanks ozimarco for the info. I wish Voxalot mentioned somewhere that some VSPs require registration for outgoing calls and maybe even mentioning which ones. Under the account types they mention the number of provider SIP registrations for inbound calls, so I figured any number of VSP accounts could be used for outgoing calls. Now I need to spend another $15 USD just to make outgoing calls on my second MNF account - which is a total rip-off.
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Voxalot - Global Provider Index

Actually, very few providers require registration for outgoing calls.
It's unfortunate that MNF is one of them.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkb View Post
Thanks ozimarco for the info. I wish Voxalot mentioned somewhere that some VSPs require registration for outgoing calls and maybe even mentioning which ones. Under the account types they mention the number of provider SIP registrations for inbound calls, so I figured any number of VSP accounts could be used for outgoing calls. Now I need to spend another $15 USD just to make outgoing calls on my second MNF account - which is a total rip-off.
It is mentioned here:

VoxBasic (Free)

Note: Some Voice Service Providers require a SIP registration before an outbound call can be made. A VoxPremium account is required for members that wish to make outbound calls using these types of providers.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
mhkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
It is mentioned here:

VoxBasic (Free)

Note: Some Voice Service Providers require a SIP registration before an outbound call can be made. A VoxPremium account is required for members that wish to make outbound calls using these types of providers.

Tony.
Could this note be added under the other account types and perhaps add "Check your provider under the Global Provider Index"? Then, under the Global Provider Index, show under each listing if the provider has this requirement. Maybe the number of people getting stung by this are so few it's not worth it, but I think it would be worthwhile.
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
VoipAlot

VoipAlot is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Inline and Extrinsic Help and Documentation on WebPages.

I agree.
There is very little 'intrinsic' documentation on the pages, especially when adding a VSP.
You NEED to explain what each box is asking for, whether it is required, and whether you can enter custom details. (e.g. why put the Account User ID in two boxes, It would be great to be able to place a CID (Caller ID) or DID number in the top telephone number box.

But there is not much 'intrinsic' documentation throughout the website (i.e. italic help next to boxes and questions).

This would assist many users, AND reduce the number of posts in the forum for help.

Cheers,
Emma.
VoipAlot is offline   Reply With Quote