Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
navneet

navneet is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot to voxalot

Hi i am trying to call voxalot to voxalot but get a blank.

i have both the ata registered using ed and port 2060 but when i dial it either goes blank or a voxalot msg comes up.

I have also setup inbound using pennytel but that dont work either.
Is there a special trick to call voxalot to voxalot number

in the receiving account i have call forward setup to
Any Every - - Your Voxalot Number Yes

Can anyone please help
navneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by navneet View Post
Hi i am trying to call voxalot to voxalot but get a blank.

i have both the ata registered using ed and port 2060 but when i dial it either goes blank or a voxalot msg comes up.

I have also setup inbound using pennytel but that dont work either.
Is there a special trick to call voxalot to voxalot number

in the receiving account i have call forward setup to
Any Every - - Your Voxalot Number Yes

Can anyone please help
You basic registration settings should be:

Proxy: xx.voxalot.com (where xx is us or eu or au depending on the cluster you've chosen under VoXalot member details)
Port: 5060 (not 2060, unless that was a typo)

You'll also need a dial plan in your ATA that's registered. Here's a copy of my dial plan, I've bolded the things that are VoXalot specific:

(*xxx[x*].|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx |011xx.|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|0xx.|xxx.|*xxx.|**x.)

Then:
-Confirm that you can make calls to other VoXalot accounts
-See if you can reach *600 (Echo Test)
-See if you can be reached, enter your VoXalot URI here (in the format 123456@voxalot.com) and see if you get a call from the echo test SIPBroker - EziDial
-Make sure the number you have forwarded to VoXalot is forwarded to either 123456@voxalot.com or 123456@xx.voxalot.com (replace 123456 with your account and xx with the cluster identifier)
-In terms of receiving calls, a STUN server set up in your ATA like stun.xten.com would help
-For detailed guide on setting up your ATA (or just to check up your settings see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...lkthrough.html

Let's hope those steps will help....keep us updated how things go!!!

Last edited by emoci; 10-12-2007 at 03:14 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post

If not mistaken 2060,3060 and 4060 are all valid ports for voxalot. Currently, using port 2060.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Proxy: xx.voxalot.com (where xx is us or eu or au depending on the cluster you've chosen under VoXalot member details)

You'll also need a dial plan in your ATA that's registered. Here's a copy of my dial plan, I've bolded the things that are VoXalot specific:

(*xxx[x*].|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx |011xx.|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|0xx.|xxx.|*xxx.|**x.)

Then:
-See if you can be reached, enter your VoXalot URI here (in the format 123456@voxalot.com) and see if you get a call from the echo test SIPBroker - EziDial
-Make sure the number you have forwarded to VoXalot is forwarded to either 123456@voxalot.com or 123456@xx.voxalot.com (replace 123456 with your account and xx with the cluster identifier)
-In terms of receiving calls, a STUN server set up in your ATA like stun.xten.com would help
-For detailed guide on setting up your ATA (or just to check up your settings see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...lkthrough.html

I don't really see why we need such a complicated dialplan in the ATA, why not set everything in Voxalot and avoid any possible conflict? For ATA like a PAP2 which has no PSTN connection, I would just have this dialplan

(xx.) which means everything goes, then everything got passed to Voxalot, that's where we set the dialplan (which is much simpler)

Even for the 3102 I will have a diaplan which pass everything also except when you want to access the gateway such as GW0, GW1, GW2 etc. in which case the diaplan just need a prefix of *, **, *** and so on respectively.
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
I don't really see why we need such a complicated dialplan in the ATA, why not set everything in Voxalot and avoid any possible conflict? For ATA like a PAP2 which has no PSTN connection, I would just have this dialplan

(xx.) which means everything goes, then everything got passed to Voxalot, that's where we set the dialplan (which is much simpler)

Even for the 3102 I will have a diaplan which pass everything also except when you want to access the gateway such as GW0, GW1, GW2 etc. in which case the diaplan just need a prefix of *, **, *** and so on respectively.
The most basic VoXalot Dial Plan in an ATA should be [x*][x*].

Accounts for xxxxxx or *xxx or **xxx
Unread 10-13-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
navneet

I am using eu.voxalot.com because in India the ISP seems to have blocked port 5060.
ie the reason I am trying to use voxalot as it can register on port 2060, though au cant be registered on 2060

If i try to register on port 5060 it wont register.

in the echo test i can hear the automatic message but my voice does not go to the server.

When I am trying to call the number from outside the phone will ring but the caller will still say trying ie the fact that its ringing does not get communicated back to the caller and there is no communication

Same thing happens when dialing from the sipbroker

I am using Billion vgp7402 I dont think it is possible to use stun

Regards
Navneet

Quote:

Then:

Unread 10-13-2007, 04:43 AM   #7
navneet

I am registering on eu.voxalot.com:2060 as in india the ISP has blocked port 5060/61
ie one of the reason i am trying to use voxalot as it allows to use port 2060 but only on eu server

I have tried the echo test. I can hear the automated message but my voice is not echoed back seems my voice not getting thru to the server.

When someone else is calling me the phone will ring but the callers end will still say trying and the caller will not hear that the phone is ringing and there is no communication between them.

I am using billion vgp7402 so I dont think i can use STUN
Unread 10-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #8
emoci

Good News: 2060/3060/4060 and 5060 seem to be mapped for eu,au and us servers all around...

So try one of the other server clusters and see if things change...

Some members have reported being able to make calls on 2060/3060/4060 but not receive calls (especially since a lot of devices will listen in to 5060 by default)

See:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...alot-port.html
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ked-issue.html

for some background on the issue!!!

Sorry, but things don't look too bright....hopefully another member who has been able to get around this will comment!!!
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #9
ddang

ddang is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Can any ones use Voxalot - voxalot ATM.....

I can call out, but no signal ................................

Please confirm, I am in Sydney, Australia....

Thank You....
ddang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #10
VoXaLove

VoXaLove is on a distinguished road

For some time now I have been unable to call voxalot to voxalot between my two extensions. It used to work, I'm not sure when it stopped as I rarely call between the extensions.

Outbound (Line 1):
Call 1 Duration: 00:01:09 Call 2 Duration:
Call 1 Packets Sent: 2320 Call 2 Packets Sent:
Call 1 Packets Recv: 0 Call 2 Packets Recv:
Call 1 Bytes Sent: 69600 Call 2 Bytes Sent:
Call 1 Bytes Recv: 0 Call 2 Bytes Recv:

Inbound (Line 2):
Call 1 Duration: 00:01:09 Call 2 Duration:
Call 1 Packets Sent: 2313 Call 2 Packets Sent:
Call 1 Packets Recv: 3 Call 2 Packets Recv:
Call 1 Bytes Sent: 69390 Call 2 Bytes Sent:
Call 1 Bytes Recv: 60 Call 2 Bytes Recv: