Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-19-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
kar200

kar200 is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot,TPG,MyNetFone and Pennytel

Hi everyone,

I have got and ADSL2+ connection with TPG that has been reliable so far "I always sync with more than 20000"

I hvae 3 different VSP's "TPG, MNF and Pennytel"

The only one that needs registering is MNF and therefore I got my self a voxbasic account

I have a few questions "I could not find answers"
1- Is using any VSP through Voxalot "When it works" liks using the VSP directly or not. I am asking this as I do understand networks "to a certain point" and I am not sure if the connection goes through voxalot or if voxalot sends some sort of route redirect to the modem to redirect the requests somewhere else?

2 - The major problem that I get from time to time and that get me into troubles with the wife is that I can hear perfectly the other side but they cannot hear me and it is so frustrating

Like last night I was calling a mate in paris on his landline through voxalot and pennytel and he could not hear me and I tried like three time until I logged into the account and put the call through MNF and it worked..

and another day I just went into my router and changed my settings to register through the Pennytel directly instead of going through voxalot and it fixed it

I did not do enough testing as sometimes t happens with only overseas calls and sometimes I get the problem of the busy tone and it is always something new and never the same pattern during testing

My question is about the other party not hearing me??where is the problem likely to be?and what should I do to fix it.

I have one last question: I use the g729 codec and it works fine but I have a good connection and I registered to Vox using 711a and used alaw as primary codec from vox to my VSPS . is that how it is supposed to be done?as my call quality did not appear to be better but it might be because of my wireless handset "not a cheap one though but not the best"

Thank you
kar200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
kar200

Hi guys,

I fixed my problem so I am sharing this

In fact my NB9W comes with a Preferred ptime of 20 and by following an online document from Netcomm they were all 40 so I changed it which worked fine but happened to create that problem of not hearing the other side but it is not with all providers

I changed that to 20 and it looks like it fixed the problem but we ll see how it goes

Cheers

K.
Unread 10-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Is ptime = ping time?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
kar200

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Is ptime = ping time?
Hi Martin,
From the Netcomm doc:

Preferred ptime: The ‘Preferred ptime’ is the time delay (milliseconds) between voice packets sent. Do not change this value unless your VSP has asked you to

I am not sure why I touched it but there was a document on the net that was with 40 in value where it comes with 20 by default

I am happy it is all fixed now and I have another question

What can create latency??It was working all fine in the morning and even if I change VSP it does not help
I tried a ping to the different VSP's and I get a 25ms on average?
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
VoXaLove

VoXaLove is on a distinguished road

I use G729 with .03 second packets (SPA-2102).

At one time 20ms caused a noisy problem when VoXaLot was transcoding.
Been using 30ms for a long time now for VoXaLot, Mynetfone, Pennytel, WorldPointDialup.
VoXaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 02:38 AM   #6
kar200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoXaLove View Post
I use G729 with .03 second packets (SPA-2102).

At one time 20ms caused a noisy problem when VoXaLot was transcoding.
Been using 30ms for a long time now for VoXaLot, Mynetfone, Pennytel, WorldPointDialup.
Thank yo voxalove and I will give it a go
I added a few things on whirlpool ad I will add them here
one other problem I had was that I could make phone calls but I could not hear on the other side and found out that I was billed everytime I tried and I found out that it was because I put an IP "my computer" on the DMZ settings of my NB9W

K.
Unread 10-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
kar200

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar200 View Post
Hi Martin,

What can create latency??It was working all fine in the morning and even if I change VSP it does not help
I tried a ping to the different VSP's and I get a 25ms on average?
Hi guys,

I am replying to myself

I am not sure what can create latency really but in my case it was the beta firmware from Netcomm
The first beta is great and the second one creates latency for some reason
All fixed now

K.