Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default MWI Update Interval

Hi Everyone

Right now I'm getting the MWI when a Voicemail message is left in my Voxalot VM, but there is a 3 to 5 minute delay before the MWI comes on and a 3 to 5 minute wait after the message is clear.

Is there a way to control this interval in my Hard/Softphone settings?

Thanks in advance

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Is there a way to control this interval in my Hard/Softphone settings?
Depends upon the Hard/Softphone you are using. For example, on LinkSys/Sipura adapters, the setting you want to play with is the "VMWI Refresh Intvl:" setting (on the "Regional" tab).

The proper setting (if any) on other adapters (and all softphones) is left as an exercise to the student.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
richard

Hi DracoFelis

On my Sipura Adapters, the VMWI Refresh Intvl is set to "0"

If this means that it "Never" refreshes, I'm just wondering why it does update the status every 3 to 5 minutes?

Any recommended level, 30 seconds, 60 seconds? I'm assuming the value is in seconds.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Last edited by richard; 08-12-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Any recommended level, 30 seconds, 60 seconds? I'm assuming the value is in seconds.

Thanks for your help.

Richard
Due to volumes Voxalot batches them up into 5min intervals.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
richard

Hi Martin

Thanks for the update. Quite understandable.

Should I leave the internval at 0 or 30 seconds or does it not really matter? Both 0 and 30 seems to take the same amount of time to update.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Due to volumes Voxalot batches them up into 5min intervals.
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hi Martin

Thanks for the update. Quite understandable.

Should I leave the internval at 0 or 30 seconds or does it not really matter? Both 0 and 30 seems to take the same amount of time to update.

Richard
Hi Richard,

It wont make any difference as the servers control the interval.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:07 AM   #7
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
On LinkSys/Sipura adapters, "VMWI Refresh Intvl:" of zero means to never "refresh" the signal to your phones. i.e. send the signal from the adapter (to your phones) when the state changes (in the adapter), and hope your phones get the signal that first time. But if (for any reason) the phones miss that command, your phones will be "stuck" in the wrong state until the adapter state again changes.

For any non-zero value of "VMWI Refresh Intvl:", LinkSys/Sipura adapters will send the current state of the VM to your phones every X seconds. Set it to whatever you like (I have mine set to 300). By setting a non-zero value, the phones in your house never risk getting their VM light "stuck" in the wrong state, as the adapter will "refresh" the state info every X seconds.

However, if/when you use a non-zero "VMWI Refresh Intvl:" setting, be sure to also use "VMWI Ring Splash Len: 0" (on the "Line x" tab), or you might end up with your phone chirping every X seconds, like clock work.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
richard

Great Info!!! Thanks Dracofelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
On LinkSys/Sipura adapters, "VMWI Refresh Intvl:" of zero means to never "refresh" the signal to your phones. i.e. send the signal from the adapter (to your phones) when the state changes (in the adapter), and hope your phones get the signal that first time. But if (for any reason) the phones miss that command, your phones will be "stuck" in the wrong state until the adapter state again changes.

For any non-zero value of "VMWI Refresh Intvl:", LinkSys/Sipura adapters will send the current state of the VM to your phones every X seconds. Set it to whatever you like (I have mine set to 300). By setting a non-zero value, the phones in your house never risk getting their VM light "stuck" in the wrong state, as the adapter will "refresh" the state info every X seconds.

However, if/when you use a non-zero "VMWI Refresh Intvl:" setting, be sure to also use "VMWI Ring Splash Len: 0" (on the "Line x" tab), or you might end up with your phone chirping every X seconds, like clock work.
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
jerm

jerm is on a distinguished road
Default Never goes off

I have the same problem on voipfone.co.uk, so maybe it is a problem with the phone (or voxalot uses some of the same software), but once the MWI turns on, it never seems to turn off again.

The phone is an SPA-941.

There is no setting for VMWI Refresh Intvl.

Currently the indicator is on, it has been on for the last 12 hours. I can confirm that there are no messages waiting for me. Even restarting the phone does not clear the indicator.

Any suggestions?
jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #10
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm View Post
I have the same problem on voipfone.co.uk, so maybe it is a problem with the phone (or voxalot uses some of the same software), but once the MWI turns on, it never seems to turn off again.

The phone is an SPA-941.

There is no setting for VMWI Refresh Intvl.

Currently the indicator is on, it has been on for the last 12 hours. I can confirm that there are no messages waiting for me. Even restarting the phone does not clear the indicator.

Any suggestions?
I am not familiar with the SPA-941, but in my PAP2 to turn it off I would have to disable the MWI setting altogether... (however when a new message came,this would become re-enabled on its own)

Something that's been helpful is the Voice Mail Server setting (filling us.voxalot.com there) has since stopped the MWI from staying on non-stop...

This is what I'm referring to Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

See if you have any luck finding a similar setting on the SPA-941.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote