Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #1

836011 is on a distinguished road
Default disable voicemail

Hello,

first of all, thank you for your great work! The account works fine and I do appreciate it, that the phone on my Fritz!Box shows the number of the (voxalot-) user calling instead of "unknown number" which is shown by most of the other accounts i know.

One single thing isn't the way I'd like it. Very often the massage led on my phone is turning on indicating a waiting voice mail. I personally am not interested in this feature and the indication is nasty. Therefore my question: is it possible to disable voice mail at all? I wasn't able to change the settings of my Fritz!Box or my phone to get rid of it.

Thanks.

Franz
836011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
alfredwesterveld

alfredwesterveld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 836011
Hello,

first of all, thank you for your great work! The account works fine and I do appreciate it, that the phone on my Fritz!Box shows the number of the (voxalot-) user calling instead of "unknown number" which is shown by most of the other accounts i know.

One single thing isn't the way I'd like it. Very often the massage led on my phone is turning on indicating a waiting voice mail. I personally am not interested in this feature and the indication is nasty. Therefore my question: is it possible to disable voice mail at all? I wasn't able to change the settings of my Fritz!Box or my phone to get rid of it.

Thanks.

Franz
What u could do is the following. Record a message that is saying something like this:"This is the voicemail of ..... Please hang the phone up right now if you don't want to leave a message. Else please leave a message after the beep.. Then users who don't want to leave voicemail will hang up. The other users who wan't to use voicemail want to tell you something so the led is important :P I think
alfredwesterveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
lisaco1

lisaco1 is on a distinguished road
Default Voice Mail

I would like to know a true aswer on how to disable voice mail since I doesn't work properly, It is annoying.
lisaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaco1
I would like to know a true aswer on how to disable voice mail since I doesn't work properly, It is annoying.
Please explain what does not "work properly"?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
krisch

krisch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,
not knowing your ATA, just one hint: With a Sipura ATA one can on the line tab, enable / disable the voicemail indication by setting "VMVI Serv enable" to "NO".
Fritz! has certainly a similar setting alternative.
Cheers, krisch
krisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #6

836011 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

never mind. I for myself can say that the problem seems to be solved, at least the message led wasn't indicating any voice mails anymore since I deleted the old ones.

Franz
836011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
lisaco1

lisaco1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisch
Hi,
not knowing your ATA, just one hint: With a Sipura ATA one can on the line tab, enable / disable the voicemail indication by setting "VMVI Serv enable" to "NO".
Fritz! has certainly a similar setting alternative.
Cheers, krisch
I've got a grandstream HT-488 , when dialing 500 and reaching the voice mail, it doesn't take my password.
lisaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #8
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've got a grandstream HT-488 , when dialing 500 and reaching the voice mail, it doesn't take my password.
This sounds like a DTMF problem at your end. Try changing your DTMF settings

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote