Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
mrdally204

mrdally204 is on a distinguished road
Default Gizmoproject on voxalot help

I can not seem to get gizmo and voxalot to play nice together. If I forward me incoming calls to myid@voxalot.com from the gizmo software I can get it to ring. When I answer all I get is dead air and the phone continues to ring on the other end. If I try and configure voxalot with my gizmo credentials the phone never rings. Am I missing something or are the 2 services incompatible?
mrdally204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
I can not seem to get gizmo and voxalot to play nice together. If I forward me incoming calls to myid@voxalot.com from the gizmo software I can get it to ring. When I answer all I get is dead air and the phone continues to ring on the other end. If I try and configure voxalot with my gizmo credentials the phone never rings. Am I missing something or are the 2 services incompatible?
It should be working when you forward from Gizmo, try:
xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com
or
*010xxxxxx@sipbroker.com

as the forwarding URI from Gizmo and see if any of those improves the audio issue...

It is otherwise possible that you have an incoming call issue and may need to set STUN on your ATA... Do calls from SipBroker access numbers come in fine?

In terms of having Gizmo ring from within VoXalot by setting the details up in VoXalot, that'll require SIP Register to be set to yes for Gizmo ,which requires a Premium VoX acct.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
mrdally204

I have tried both xxx@us.voxalot.com and xxx@voxalot.com. Both give me the same results. The phone rings but dead air when answered. I will give the *010xxxxxx@sipbroker.com idea a run and see how that goes. As for the STUN settings on the ata, do they have to be set for voxalot or for gizmo. If for gizmo I know what it is. If for voxalot, can you give me a little insight.

"that'll require SIP Register to be set to yes for Gizmo ,which requires a Premium VoX acct"
I figured that I needed to set it to register on in order for vox to receive the calls without the forward on so thanks for clearing that up. Thank you so much for your instant response and thoughtfulness.

Last edited by mrdally204; 01-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Unread 01-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
I have tried both xxx@us.voxalot.com and xxx@voxalot.com. Both give me the same results. The phone rings but dead air when answered. I will give the *010xxxxxx@sipbroker.com idea a run and see how that goes. As for the STUN settings on the ata, do they have to be set for voxalot or for gizmo. If for gizmo I know what it is. If for voxalot, can you give me a little insight.

"that'll require SIP Register to be set to yes for Gizmo ,which requires a Premium VoX acct"
I figured that I needed to set it to register on in order for vox to receive the calls without the forward on so thanks for clearing that up. Thank you so much for your instant response and thoughtfulness.

In terms of STUN, hopefully you have a PAP2 or a SPA, since there is enough info out there for those...

With most open providers there is no provider specific stun settings.... Personally I have been using stun.xten.com without issues:

To see how to set up STUN see the second part of this example:
Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ (that's what my PAP2 looks like, you may have to play look around for those field names if you have another ATA)

This is assuming you are registering your ATA with VoXalot... Enabling NAT Mapping and NAT Keep Alive may help as well

For a detailed guide on how to setup up a Sipura device see: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...lkthrough.html

There is a lot of info in there, skim through until you hit the STUN setup instructions.....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
mrdally204

thanks for the information. I'll be testing out different things here for the next couple days I'm sure I'm working with an innomedia 6328-Re2 if that makes any difference to you