Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
trapper

trapper is on a distinguished road
Default VoiceMail and ENUM problem

A friend and I are both experiencing the same VoiceMail problem. The details are:

* We both have a Billion 7404VGP
* The Billion VoIP port is registered to VoXaLot
* The VoXaLot account has two providers, SIPME and PennyTel
* We both have an ENUM record at e164 in the form, 123456@voxalot.com
* We have both setup VoiceMail at VoXaLot

If we ring each others VoXaLot number, ie. dial the 123456 number, then VoiceMail cuts in after several rings as it should. However, when we ring each others PSTN phone number, VoiceMail never cuts in... instead we eventually get a number unavailable tone.

As the ENUM lookup (when the PSTN number is dialled) is just sending the call to the VoXaLot number, why the difference? Why isn't VoiceMail cutting in when we ring each others PSTN number?

It has us stumped.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Call path should be identical. What happens when you enter the PSTN number in the test field on the dial plan page?

Where does it say it is routing?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
trapper

It's going to the Voxalot number... A call to:nnnnnnnn will get forwarded to sip:nnnnnn@voxalot.com ... which is why we can't understand why VoiceMail isn't cutting in.

If we do answer the call we can see that it is definitely a voip call (via modem lights) and it is a free call (checked via VSP's call records page).
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Interesting. If you dial one of the ENUM numbers from the SIP Broker PSTN gateway does it go to voicemail?

http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers

Unread 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
trapper

I rang the Brisbane gateway number, 30182881, and when asked for the number to dial I entered 617nnnnnnnn. It connected and rang several times... my friend reported that it showed my PSTN number as ringing... then after several rings his voicemail cut in.

Next I rang the Brisbane gateway number, 30182881, and when asked for the number to dial I entered *061nnnnnn. It connected and rang several times... my friend reported that it showed my PSTN number as ringing... then after several rings his voicemail cut in.

So both ways worked when going via the SIP Broker PSTN Gateway... ie. the Vox voicemail cut in as expected. However, another trial using the methos in my original post resulted in the same problem... when I dial his PSTN number I eventually get a number unavailable tone... his voicemail doesn't cut in.

Hope this helps you to get to the bottom of it.
Unread 01-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
martin

Thanks Trapper, I am about to send you a PM to work on this problem with you. For other members, I will report back our findings once they are known.

Unread 01-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #7
trapper

All is fixed now... thanks Martin . The problem was becaue I was using a preferred server of .com while my friend was using .com.au ... although this now works thanks to the changes Martin did.

I think Martin may followup with some more info.

Last edited by trapper; 01-12-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Unread 01-25-2007, 05:46 AM   #8
oblong

oblong is on a distinguished road

I think that problem has returned. I'm the friend Trapper mentions; today he calls my PSTN number, I don't answer; he gets something like number unavailable tone. If he calls my VoXaLot number directly using *016xxxxxx then voice mail works. Both with Billion7404VGP; both registered to Vox. using .au.voxalot.com.au; both set to .au.voxalot.com for preferred server in Vox.; both using .au.voxalot.com in e164.org.

Bob Long
oblong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 06:16 AM   #9
martin

Please PM me:

1. VoXalot account you are calling from and
2. the number you are calling

Thanks

Unread 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
martin

Please see:

http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?p=4969#post4969