Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
mark

mark is on a distinguished road
Default How to setup a dial plan

Hi I am a newbie with dial plans I have entered two vsp's and would like a simple way to choose between them. one is astratel the other is Koalavoil. I would like to us Astratel as the Default and use some sort of overide code to use Koala's. I would also like to eliminate the need to put 03 in front of calls for Astratel (making it transparent to the end user). I gather this is doable I have read the faq and forums but dont quit get It. and any help constructing dial plans for the above would be grratly appreaciated (i have avoided dial plans as long as I can)
Mark

Last edited by mark; 04-09-2006 at 07:25 AM.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #2
maxalot

maxalot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
Hi I am a newbie with dial plans I have entered two vsp's and would like a simple way to choose between them.
Hi Mark, welcome to VoXaLot.

Quote:
I would like to us Astratel as the Default and use some sort of overide code to use Koala's.
How would you like to use Koala? and under what circumstances?
Do you want to use Koala to certain destinations because of rates etc. ?

Quote:
I would also like to eliminate the need to put 03 in front of calls for Astratel
What type of ATA do you have?

Koala and Astratel don't specifiy on their site what the requirements are for making a call but I can assume by your post that Astratel require STD codes to be entered. Do Koala require this?
maxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
mark

HI Maxalot, thanks for responding. I have a netcomm v100 hence no experince with dial plans .I mainly want to use astratel and have Koala voip as back up. I want to test and set up so that local calls go through Astratel without having to dial 03 so that it will be no different than useing tel$tra
I understand that I can do much more with this service, this is my way of starting. Ps you have to be registered to use Astratel is that an issue?

Thanks
Mark
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
melbournelees

melbournelees is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ps you have to be registered to use Astratel is that an issue?
I don't think you have to be registered to use Astratel. I have been using it without registration.

Back to the problem.

Dialing without 03 for Victoria, Australia. In Dial Plans Advanced Mode:

Pattern: _[45689]xxxxxxx
Replacement: 03${EXTEN}
Provider: AstraTel

Routing to Koala manually. In Simple Mode:

If the number "begins with" "#1" route to "Koala Voip"

Please test and let me know.
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
maxalot

Quote:
you have to be registered to use Astratel is that an issue?
I note that on the WP Provider wiki-Astratel it says that registration is not required and as melbournelees says it works well.

I am not familiar with the V100 but from the user manual it looks like it does not have any dialplans. This is why you need to enter 03 to make a local call.

Using VoXaLot dialplans you need to setup Astratel as a provider and then setup a dialplan in VoxaLot.
In your case you want to skip the 03 prefix for local numbers but your ATA does not allow you to prepend prefixes so VoXalot can do this for you.

After you setup Astratel as a provider go to "Dial Plans" and click on "Advanced" you will see a box marked "Priority" it will have a number but don't worry about that for now.

Select the combobox and change it to "Begins with" and then enter _[45689]xxxxxxx thanks to melbournelees for the prefixes in the pattern, change provider to Astratel.

Click on "Advanced" and enter 03${EXTEN} into the replacement field, click save.

What is supposed to happen is when you dial any number starting with X VoXaLot will prepend "03" to the number and send that number to Astratel.

As melbournelees suggests for Koala Dial #1 and then the number. You will of course need to add koala as a provider and then create a dial plan for the "#1". The WP Provider wiki-Koala indicates that koala is the same as Astratel so you will need to enter 03${EXTEN:2} in the replacement field for koala. This will prepend the "03" and remove the "#1" from the number you dialed.
Unread 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
melbournelees

melbournelees is on a distinguished road

Maxalot,

Thanks for the clear explanation. Also I forgot to remove the #1 for the Koala Voip. Thanks for that too.
Unread 04-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
mark

Thanks Guys

i have tried the above and it works!
the trickiest part was getting the voip providers to work (helps if I spell correctly and dont drink while I work ;-)

I set up an 03 rule and manual select for Koala voip so if I dial 03 or press#1calls get routed through Koala.

the 03 add on Pattern: _[45689]xxxxxxx for astratel
Replacement: 03${EXTEN}
Provider: AstraTel
works as well thanks very much

Mark
now all I need to do is wrap my head around sipbroker and enum somehow I can map my pots did to a url. I am not sure what benefit or fuctionality is derived from this?
Unread 04-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
now all I need to do is wrap my head around sipbroker and enum somehow I can map my pots did to a url. I am not sure what benefit or fuctionality is derived from this?
Registering with ENUM (e164.org) mostly benefits the people calling you (i.e. saves them the cost of a LD call, in many cases).

What it does, is make it easy for someone trying to call your telco/POTS number, to instead call your VoIP adapter "for free". i.e. you are publishing the fact that your free VoIP "SIP URI" (VoIP address) can be used, instead of your telco number, when someone wants to call you.

Perhaps this analogy might help. You can think of e16t4.org as a giant automated "phone book". But instead of the "phone book" being indexed by name, it is indexed by your telco number. And instead of the "phone book" returning the telco number, it returns the free way to call you via free VoIP. So all you are really doing with e164.org, is telling the world that if they want to call your VoIP adapter (for free), instead of paying to call your telco/POTS line, they are welcome to do so...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
maxalot

Quote:
ENUM will be a problem for you as it my understanding that your ATA does not have any dialplans. Because of this will have to dial your numbers like this "613XXXXXXX" and VoXaLot will do the lookup for you. In fact VoXaLot always does a lookup but if the number is not presented correctly then the lookup will fail and pass the call to your VSP.

You will then have to add a new rule to your dial plan in VoXaLot to strip out those extra numbers in the event that when they are presented to your VSP they are in the correct format.

613 Pattern: _[45689]xxxxxxx
Replacement: 03${EXTEN:3}

This will as before prepend the "03" and Strip the "613" from the dialstring.
Unread 04-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #10
mark

Hi Guys thanks for the above info,

I cant seem to make mobile calls do I need to add another dial plan?
also dial 11 (astratel acc Balance) dosen't work
Current plans are

Dial plans in priority order:

Priority Pattern Replacement Provider
1 _[45689]xxxxxxx 03${EXTEN} Astratel [Edit] [Delete]
2 _03. ${EXTEN} koalavoip [Edit] [Delete]
3 _#1. ${EXTEN:2} koalavoip [Edit] [Delete]
Thanks for your help
mark

Last edited by mark; 04-09-2006 at 11:25 PM.