Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road
Default Advice regarding PAP2 Required

I am thinking about getting a PAP2 but would like to ask some questions before I do.

The set-up is going to be in the following way:-

Line 1 - Voxalot
Line 2 - Local Provider

Now what I want to be able to achieve is the following:-

Line 1

All calls beginning 00 sent to Voxalot to continue through Betamax
All calls beginning ** to be sent via speeddials
All calls beginning * to be sent via SiPBroker
All calls beginning 011* to be sent via IdeaSIP
All calls beginning 500 to be reconfigured to send as *500

Line 2

All calls beginning 00/01/02/03/08 sent
All calls containing 8 digits to be prefixed with 00617

Now I realise there is a conflict here as I want BOTH providers to handle calls beginning 00, so, is it possible to set a default provider, with the option to manually over-ride the default when dialling the number for instance...

By default calls to 0012345678900 would be carried over Line 2 but if I was to dial #0012345678900 it would route via Line 1 and be subject to my Voxalot rules?

Also, in terms of call blocking, is it possible to block calls from specific CLI's?

Example:-

0012341234 to block a specific number.
09 to block all calls from numbers beginning with 09.

If the above call blocking is available, is call forwarding also available using similar rules?

Thank you for your consideration.
Lanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

There's one thing you're misunderstanding here about the PAP2...

Line 1 and Line 2 are independent of each other, each one requires a separate phone to be hooked to that line to use. Hence the phone hooked to Line 1 cannot use Line 2 and vice versa...

Question? Why not configure the Local Provider within VoXalot as well and do all the Dial Plans within VoXalot?

BTW, by Local Provider you don't mean a regular phone line (POTS), if that's the case I think you're looking for the SPA3102 rather than the PAP2 ...

If you can expand on what you are intending to do with this, I can probably help a bit further...

BTW, Call Forwarding and Call Blocking will only work with a VoXPremium acct.

Last edited by emoci; 08-24-2008 at 02:20 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
Lanh

Ah, that makes things simpler, is the rest of what I hope to achieve actually possible?
Unread 08-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:

Line 1

All calls beginning 00 sent to Voxalot to continue through Betamax (dialplan required)
All calls beginning ** to be sent via SpeedDials (automatically setup for every acct.)
All calls beginning * to be sent via SiPBroker (automatically setup for every acct.)
All calls beginning 011* to be sent via IdeaSIP (dialplan required)
All calls beginning 500 to be reconfigured to send as *500 (Both *500 and 500 work automatically)
All of the above is possible with a VoXBasic acct., I made some notes above what needs to be configured, what's already there (you can try all of that before getting the PAP2 with a SoftPhone)

Quote:
Line 2

All calls beginning 00/01/02/03/08 sent
All calls containing 8 digits to be prefixed with 00617
You can do all that from the PAP2

Quote:
By default calls to 0012345678900 would be carried over Line 2 but if I was to dial #0012345678900 it would route via Line 1 and be subject to my Voxalot rules?
If you still want to do this part, I'd suggest setting up a secondary VoXalot acct which has all of the Providers of the 1st one, plus the Local Provider

Quote:
Also, in terms of call blocking, is it possible to block calls from specific CLI's?

Example:-

0012341234 to block a specific number.
09 to block all calls from numbers beginning with 09.

If the above call blocking is available, is call forwarding also available using similar rules?
Call Blocking is just Call Forwarding to a busy tone (as long you've got a Premium acct. )
Unread 08-24-2008, 03:22 AM   #5
Lanh

I have two premium accounts, it's the PAP's functionality which I am looking for advice on.

I asked the line 1 questions because my current ATA does not seem to support the Voxalot speed dials whatever I do I'll be considering the PAP an upgrade even though it is cheaper and has less registrations than the current ATA, I'm hoping that is it more flexible.

Call blocking and call forwarding, is this possible with a PAP as well as a Vox account? This is more for the Local Account than the Vox account which I'll be using.
Unread 08-24-2008, 04:08 AM   #6
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanh View Post
I have two premium accounts, it's the PAP's functionality which I am looking for advice on.

I asked the line 1 questions because my current ATA does not seem to support the Voxalot speed dials whatever I do I'll be considering the PAP an upgrade even though it is cheaper and has less registrations than the current ATA, I'm hoping that is it more flexible.

Call blocking and call forwarding, is this possible with a PAP as well as a Vox account? This is more for the Local Account than the Vox account which I'll be using.
PAP2 doesn't have a Call Blocking feature perse, but it does have a Selective Call Forwarding Feature based on incoming caller ID... which can be used to do some blocking

What's your current ATA? Any chance you can modify the dial plan string to allow ** to be dialed...

Also, if you're making the switch just because of Speed Dials, it maybe easier to do some creative dial plan configuration bringing in something like MySipSwitch in the mix...

Scenario is this:
-Assuming there is no way you can do **xxx
-Doing something like 99xxx >>VoXalot>>**xxx doesn't work (you can't use VoXalot to allow you to dial 99xxx and have it changed to **xxx, it doesn't work for Speed Dials)
-But you can do 99xxx>>VoXalot>>MySipSwitch>>**xxx>>VoXalot (where MSS changes it to **xxx and passes it back to VoXalot)

I don't know how much sense that last part will make on first read (hope it helps)
Unread 08-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #7
Lanh

Took quite some fiddling to work out but I now have it working!

Thank you so much emoci!