Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 02-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
sigmacom

sigmacom is on a distinguished road
Default Use 1 sipprovider from different locations

Hi,

I want to use one SIP provider account for people at different locations. On incoming calls all the phones on all the locations have to ring and the first one that pick's up the phone has the call.
Normally this can not be done (as far as I know) but maybe this can be done with Voxalot ? Who can answer this?

Regards,
Christian
sigmacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can have multiple SIP devices registered to the same Voxalot account.
The devices can be in the same location or at different IP address locations.

I use such a configuration with 2 devices registered with no problem.

If used behind the same piblic IP address, NAT issues and port conflicts will very likely have to be resolved (Offsetting SIP and RTP ports, and possibly port forwarding of the same ports to the specific devices).
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
gotalkvoip

gotalkvoip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmacom View Post
Hi,

I want to use one SIP provider account for people at different locations. On incoming calls all the phones on all the locations have to ring and the first one that pick's up the phone has the call.
Normally this can not be done (as far as I know) but maybe this can be done with Voxalot ? Who can answer this?

Regards,
Christian
I could be wrong but don't think you could ever have all phones ringing from one account as only one can ata can register to answer a call,. funny sounds like your setting up a call center,.

well i had the same idea and you could have multiple basic VSP accounts and have a call forward on no answer in series to every account until someone picks up :-), best solution i can think of,..
gotalkvoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotalkvoip View Post
I could be wrong but don't think you could ever have all phones ringing from one account as only one can ata can register to answer a call,. funny sounds like your setting up a call center,.

well i had the same idea and you could have multiple basic VSP accounts and have a call forward on no answer in series to every account until someone picks up :-), best solution i can think of,..
With VoXalot you can have the same account registered in many ATAs....when someone calls, all of them will ring, the first to answer takes the call....your best bet is to try it

Preferably though you want to avoid having two ATAs behing the same NAT (such they they both have the same public IP), since this gets a bit tricky for your router to handle (in simple terms it means you probably don't want to have these two ATAs both at your place, but one at the home, one at the office, and another one elsewhere should be fine

Last edited by emoci; 03-20-2008 at 05:14 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmacom View Post
Hi,

Regards,
Christian
you can register multiple ATA's to voxalot and should not be a problem. but remember that most DID/VSP account only allow 2 simultaneous incoming calls. it tends to be a bit expensive for extra 'trunks' for more simultaneous calls. outbound on the other hand should not be an issue if there are no promotional 'free' minutes involved with most providers.

spg
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote