Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
biasosoft

biasosoft is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to biasosoft Send a message via Skype™ to biasosoft
Question Echo Ok but cannot dial out

Hy to all,
I'm experiencing a strange problem which seems related to my phone/router and voxalot combination: Samsung WIP 6000M, Netgear RangeMax DG834PN.

Problem is (When phone is registered to voxalot):
- Calls to *600 (echo) work fine,
- Calls from/to voxalot numbers can be received but not dialed (other party's phone does not ring) but if they call me everything works.
- Calls through voxalot using my registered providers cannot be dialed (other party's phone does not ring)

But if I register my phone directly with voipcheap everything works fine.

Even more strange: if a friend of mine (same SIP phone, different router, same Internet Provider) sets up my voxalot account into his phone, everything works!!! (So provider setup and dial plans of my voxalot account must be ok)
But if I use his account settings the problem is the same.

Setting up Xlite on my PC on voxalot works fine, even with Win XP SP2 firewall activated!

Note: this behavior remains unchanged either with or without port forwarding on the router.
The rules forward port 5060..5070, 49648 (UDP/TCP) to my SIP phone local fixed IP address.
(Anyway I'm not sure that these are the only ranges and type of protocol that need to be forwarded...please if anyone knows exactly which port are to be forwarded, tell me please )
The router log does not report any "strange" blocked packets with the exception of some matching of port forwarding rules (when they are activated) on port 5060 and port 49648.

I'm blocked: the only experiment left to me is to go tomorrow to an house of a friend of mine and to try with his internet connection and his Belkin router!!!

Please, give me some hints to try to understand whre the problem is and how I can solve it.
Thanks in advance,
Luca
biasosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hello Luca,

Please PM your 6 digit account and I will see if I can help.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
biasosoft

Ok, thanks Martin.
My 6 digits account is 230663.
Luca
Unread 02-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
biasosoft

Default Small situation change

Hi to all,
just a small situation change :
- Now it seems that I can dial out just voxalot numbers. Anyway I don't hear any ringing tone but other party can answer and we can talk OK.
Everything else (especially no dialing out to other numbers, through dialing plan) remains.
Please, help me.
Regards,
Luca
Unread 02-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hello Luca,

Your dial plan entries look ok. It looks like you have setup:

1<number> => Provider 1
2<number> => Provider 2

Can you try dialling the following numbers and report success/failure:

- *010<VoXaLot Number>

Thanks.

Unread 02-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #6
biasosoft

Default Test Results

Hi Martin,
here are the results of the tests:
*600 = OK. Always working.
600=nothing happens, no rings, no voice, phone is trying to place the call forever
*393612=nothing happens, no rings, no voice, phone is trying to place the call forever. Subsequent test: no ring no voice but it seems (from the phone display) that the call begins.
393612= Three, four tests: I hear "...a, m thousand seven" (I think I'm hearing a time announce but I miss the beginning) just once. Othertimes nothing happens.
*010230663= OK, (I connect to my voice box, as I'm using the same line to call, and leave messages)

More
- After I left myself a message, my phone notified it to me.
- *500=Ok, Everything works fine. Always.
- 230663=Nothing. (May be it's just because I'm calling from the same number. Nonw it's too early to call friends!)

I'm really confused.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Luca
Unread 02-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #7
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biasosoft View Post
*600 = OK. Always working.
600=nothing happens, no rings, no voice, phone is trying to place the call forever
Ok this is quite telling. Looking at your dial plan both of these numbers should have connected to the echo test.

Your symptoms suggest that the device is only letting numbers starting with a leading * through to VoXaLot. Is there any chance that your device is not routing 600 to VoXaLot?

Unread 02-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
biasosoft

Default Some more tests and considerations

Hi Martin,
thanks again for your help.
Just some more considerations about my previous testings:
- My test calling directly 230663 was not significative, since my dial plan would route it to 30663@voipcheap.com., not exisiting. Sorry I did not think about this.
- The deduction that I'm able to dial ONLY numbers starting with * seems not completely correct to me, since I would have been able to call *393612 and I should not have been able to call other direct voxalot number with no leading *. (On the contrary I can, as I wrote in my previous post)
- I don't think my device is not allowing numbers starting without "*" as I could use it with no problem directly registering it into voipcheap.com.
- At the same time, the same model with the same setup was used by a friend of mine on its IP, with my voxalot data, with no problems!
- In any case the random results of the calls to *393612 and 393612 make me think that the real call begins some seconds before I can hear something (so sometimes I miss the whole announce, sometimes I can just catch the its end)
In my opinion it should be something very critical with codecs or the way my packets are set up by the router, and at the same time something different in the low level behavior of the calls to *<number> and routing attempts to other providers. May be the way voxalot direct connection and forwarded connections treat local IP addresses inside IP packets. My Router Netgear DG834PN seems not to manage ALG, but I could not find much info about this.
- The real VERY strange thing to me it is that I can setup my phone to call directly with voipcheap.com. I'ts working with any call, I can hear ring tones, I don't miss the beginning of the calls. If I try through voxalot ... just nothing!!! What is the low level stuff about this?
Have you got any suggestion? This is driving me crazy! I'm practically not sleeping since two days!
Thanks again.
Regards,
Luca
Unread 02-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
biasosoft

Hi Martin,
one more note.
I also tried to register directly with voipstunt and, again, I'm having absolutely no problem!
So, definetely, it seems something related to the way voxalot is trying to reroute my calls.
What you think about this?
Best regrds,
Luca
Unread 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
martin

Does the Samsung WIP 6000M have dial plans?

I am not familiar with with this device.