Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
martyp

martyp is on a distinguished road
Default Is Fastvoip supported?

Hi all,

After problems with Justvoip charging constantly for calls which should be free (FUP exceeded yet I don't even come close according to their T&Cs!) I decided to switch to a provided not with Dellmont Sarl (Betamax?)
I've switched to fastvoip and added the settings to my Voxalot account but they don't seem to work.
I have it set up so that I can just call 01 numbers in the UK without having to enter 441xxx etc but keep getting 'we are sorry the number you have called could not be connected'.
I made the Justvoip service inactive in my Voxalot settings and left the Fastvoip service as active.
I'm using a PAP2-NA adaptor.

Any ideas on what I might have done wrong or is fastvoip not compatible with voxalot? I did a search but couldn't find any reference to it on the forums?
martyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
tjsingh

tjsingh is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot and fastvoip does not work.

I have configured fastvoip in my voxalot account (with register set to YES) and it shows registered. However I don't know what number to dial in the dial plan before the country code. I have been using Rynga and voipdiscount and need to add "00" before country code. Has anyone used fastvoip with voxalot?

My VOIP provider settings are:
fromdomain=sip.fastvoip.com
fromuser=username
host=sip.fastvoip.com
username=username
codecs=ulaw
port=5060
register=yes

TJ

Last edited by emoci; 05-31-2011 at 01:49 AM.
tjsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
martyp

Anyone any ideas on this at all?
Unread 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

you had better use static proxy address. posted in forum many times. just search threads with "FUP"
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
martyp

Hi beaver, I assume that is for the FUP issue? I use a PAP2-NA adaptor so will check that.

Any ideas on the fastvoip side, does voxalot support routing of calls through to them?
Unread 05-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

1. betamax FUP is 150 min/per week. not 300 min/per week any more, since last summer. betamax did change without notice. Hence, you definitely run into FUP more frequently.

2. if it's a clone of betamax? you can check it here.
betamax price comparison

3. voxalot should work with fastvoip. but keep in mind, many posts mentioned new dial-plan wouldn't work in voxalot any more. at least, I still meet this problem. so I use simple dial plan only.

4. I am pap2 user. line#1 is voxalot. line#2 is betamax. so far so good. never run into FUP issue (unless it's real, i.e. over 150-min per 7 days).
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
martyp

many thanks Beaver. I have definitely fallen out with Betamax now as their website still shows (last time I checked) that it's 300 minutes, that's for justvoip at least. I got annoyed about their distinct lack of customer service when they never reply to e-mails.
I have been really pleased so far with fastvoip, every landline call I have made in the UK has been free so far, they have the 120 days of free calls and still have the 300 minute limit instead of 150. Their rate to UK mobiles is cheaper as well, 3.8ppm compared to about 7p or more with justvoip. For me personally they're the best value for money.
They seem very betamax like but I think they're a different company altogether, I don't know if there is a link or not? It says they use Tulp Solutions technology. They also replied to every e-mail I sent them within 24 hours.
Oddly enough I found them on that Betamax comparison site...
When you say simple dial plan, would that mean losing things like the UK dialtone, being able to call a number without entering the country/area code etc?
I'm having trouble getting Voxalot to work with the fastvoip but it works fine with Betamax(Justvoip) and I could call numbers without having to enter an area code etc.
I have added the settings for Fastvoip into my Voxalot account and tried setting the fastvoip account as active and the justvoip one as inactive but still not working.
I get a dialtone but when I try calling any number with or without area code or even with the country code I just get the following message in an American automated voice:
'We are sorry the number you have called could be connected'
I don't know if that message is from Fastvoip or Voxalot?
Could there be anything I'm doing wrong?
I have Betamax on line1 and fastvoip on line2 but tried fastvoip on both lines and it only works when the fastvoip settings are used and not the voxalot ones.
It shows they are in the Netherlands but I can't find them listed on Voxalot's lists of providers? Are they quite new to the game?

Last edited by martyp; 05-29-2011 at 08:33 PM.