Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
paulies

paulies is on a distinguished road
Default Caller Id

Hi all (Again),

Anybody got any idea how to get caller ID working I have ready the forums and tried everything with no luck.

My number is registered with voipraider and it did work before I changed to voxalot. I have chnaged my username for my number still with no look.

I know you lot are good and quite easily solve my problem

Thanks Paul
paulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

After verifying the CID number using the Betamax application under the Tools menu (Tools/Options/Caller_ID), then you set up the Betamax service as a non-registered provider in Voxalot as follows in the Advanced screen mode :

Description : Poivy, Voipcheap, Intervoip, etc
From User : (Country Code)+(Area Code)+(Phone Number)
From Domain : sip.poivy.com (For example)
Username : [Betamax_Account_UserID]
Password : [Betamax Account Password]
Confirm Password : [Betamax Account Password]
Codecs : Your preference, or Voxalot default
Sip Proxy : sip.poivy.com (For example)
SIP Port : 5060
Active : Yes
SIP Register : No
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
paulies

paulies is on a distinguished road

Thanks kurun

Works like dream

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
paulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
VoipAlot

VoipAlot is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb CALLER ID - Changing it from the VSP you are calling from

G'day,

How do you change the FROM 'telephone #' or 'DID' you are calling from for a particular VOIP account???
(You can change this easily an ATA, Display Name, but not for Voxalot...)

When changing the non-mandatory text field to a different number (The FROM USER, as it is automatically set to the same as USERNAME* when setting up the VSP account/profile.)

Since this field has no * (asterisk) next to it, surely it can be changed, but once changing this from being the same as your username, your VSP will not log in and will not be registered.... even after 72 hours.

Could someone tell me how to change the number displayed when calling from different VSP's configured in Voxalot?

e.g. (built in DID for each VoIP provider)
VSP 1 - 02 1234 1234
VSP 2 - 03 9876 4321
VSP 3 - +1 333 5678 5678

Dial Plans / Smart Call configured, but would perfer to display a standard number accross ALL, OR display a custom number/DID for each account.

e.g. Change CID / Caller ID # to:
VSP 1 - Caller ID # - 1800 123 123
VSP 2 - Caller ID # - 1800 123 123
VSP 3 - Caller ID # - 1300 555 555

Would appreciate everyone's ideas!!!

Cheers,
):
VoipAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 02:17 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoipAlot View Post
G'day,

How do you change the FROM 'telephone #' or 'DID' you are calling from for a particular VOIP account???
(You can change this easily an ATA, Display Name, but not for Voxalot...)

When changing the non-mandatory text field to a different number (The FROM USER, as it is automatically set to the same as USERNAME* when setting up the VSP account/profile.)

Since this field has no * (asterisk) next to it, surely it can be changed, but once changing this from being the same as your username, your VSP will not log in and will not be registered.... even after 72 hours.

Could someone tell me how to change the number displayed when calling from different VSP's configured in Voxalot?

e.g. (built in DID for each VoIP provider)
VSP 1 - 02 1234 1234
VSP 2 - 03 9876 4321
VSP 3 - +1 333 5678 5678

Dial Plans / Smart Call configured, but would perfer to display a standard number accross ALL, OR display a custom number/DID for each account.

e.g. Change CID / Caller ID # to:
VSP 1 - Caller ID # - 1800 123 123
VSP 2 - Caller ID # - 1800 123 123
VSP 3 - Caller ID # - 1300 555 555

Would appreciate everyone's ideas!!!

Cheers,
):

To customize the Caller ID number you would adjust the "From User :" field under advanced settings when setting up a service provider.

However, this will only work successfully if the provider you're using supports this change (eg. BetaMax supports this as long as the number you're changing to, has undergone verification).... most consumer-level VSPs do not have support for this...

Also, please do not confuse the From User field here, with the From Name field available on an ATA (the latter will simply change the name or display a number as a name, but the actual number assigned by the provider will still be forced through)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #6
VoipAlot

Thanks for the reply Emoci,

All i want to do (well trying to do), is show a different OUTGOING number (regardless of SIP account used).
E.g.
Pennytel is cheapest to make all calls. (61 2 xxxx3669)
But want to display telephone number from mynetfone (61 2 xxxx4444)

So calls are made via: 3669, which is fine, however we would like the 4444 number displayed (as our main number) so we don't start having people call on the secondary numbers we have (two dozen of them).

Since we are paying $15 per year, we would have thought the features of Voxalot would be similar to a basic ATA (pap2/pap2t/spa901 etc etc)

when you change the FROM USER field under each VOIP account, the account will not register.

This setting should not be dependant on the VSP, BUT VOXALOT, should have this feature, as they are the people making the outgoing call / routing to VSP etc.

CID is very simple feature, and i don't understand why this doesn't work.

We used the basic account for a week, and presumed this field would work (that's why we paid our money!)

Would really appreciate you feedback!
Emma.
AUS.
Unread 09-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoipAlot View Post
Pennytel is cheapest to make all calls. (61 2 xxxx3669)
But want to display telephone number from mynetfone (61 2 xxxx4444)
Are you saying that if you bypassed Voxalot and placed an outbound call from your SPA3102 directly to Pennytel, the outbound caller-ID would be whatever you had chosen in the SPA3102? Have you actually tested this to make sure Pennytel allows you to choose your outbound caller ID number?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I second boatman's question above...

In the case of an ATA connected directly to PennyTel (no VoXalot involved):
To the best of my understanding, an ATA (well at least PAP2 and SPA3102) will not allow you to change the number sent, but it will likely allow you to change your name under Display Name (...so this feature is not available on an ATA at all..as far as my experience goes; Are you sure you've been able to previously use an ATA to actually do this...change your number I mean?)

In the case of using ATA>>VoXalot>>Provider
This feature will work on VoXalot, provided PennyTel has support for this (if they allow you to set your own Caller ID number ...)

Last edited by emoci; 09-06-2008 at 07:01 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
VoipAlot

BOATMAN:
yes, this is what i'm saying.

Previously, before changing ATA's settings to Voxalot, when changing the field below, it would change the displayed telephone number when dialling.:
Subscriber Information
Display Name: 612xxxx4444

This field did work. It still has the same details in there, however the number is ignored...

When first attempting registration of all 3 accounts in my profile, i couldn't get more than 1 to register. After changing a few settings i got all 3 to work.
Then when i went to change the "OPTIONAL" field to a number i wanted, the VOIP/SIP account would NOT reconnect....

I don't know what else to do... I don't really want to modify anything, as it will then take hours for the voxalot accounts to re-register......

I hope you can offer some insight.

Em.
So yes i've tried that.
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #10
VoipAlot

emoci:
modifying this field has always worked:
Subscriber Information
Display Name:

I've used and use these devices daily.
PAP2, PAP2T, SPA901, SPA942, SPA941, SPA3102, SPA3100, SPA2102 etc etc.
I've also used netcomm devices; nb9w, v100, v300 etc.

And always used this feature to change the display number from 612.... to 02....
or even a alpha-numerical word (not visible on all phones when receiving a call from that user).

hmmmmmm