Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-30-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road
Question Vbuzzer problem

I have set up vbuzzer in my Provider List but cannot get phone calls to go through. I can call successfully when registered directly with Vbuzzer through my SPA2000, and with the Vbuzzer software. Has anyone else been able to make calls using Voxalot to direct to Vbuzzer?

Provider Details:
Description
Vbuzzer
Username
username
Password
password
Confirm Password
password
Codecs
ulaw
Host
vbuzzer.com
Port
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

I just made a test call through Vbuzzer (via VoXaLot) and it was fine.

The only difference is I left all the codecs in:

g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
wmp

Just tried again and the call went through just fine. No idea what happened.
Unread 04-01-2006, 05:17 AM   #4
wmp

Exclamation

Something is still off for me. It appears that calls do not go through if I prefix the ${EXTEN} in the replacement field of my dial plan. Here is a sample of my current dial plan:
Code:
1	 _NXXXXXX    1910${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
2	_1NXXNXXXXXX	 ${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
3	_ NXXNXXXXXX 	1${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
If I dial 1-910-555-5555 (2) then the call goes through without a problem. However, if I dial 555-5555 (1) or 910-555-5555 (3) then the call is not successful. Can anyone confirm this? Changing my provider to Voxee fixes the problem but I am perplexed as to why Vbuzzer can only use method 2.
Unread 04-01-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
wmp

I also just tested the Web Callback feature. Using Voxee it works as it should, but using Vbuzzer my Voxalot phone rings but not the number in "Number to Dial."
Unread 04-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #6
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp
Something is still off for me. It appears that calls do not go through if I prefix the ${EXTEN} in the replacement field of my dial plan. Here is a sample of my current dial plan:
Code:
1	 _NXXXXXX    1910${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
2	_1NXXNXXXXXX	 ${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
3	_ NXXNXXXXXX 	1${EXTEN}     Vbuzzer
If I dial 1-910-555-5555 (2) then the call goes through without a problem. However, if I dial 555-5555 (1) or 910-555-5555 (3) then the call is not successful. Can anyone confirm this? Changing my provider to Voxee fixes the problem but I am perplexed as to why Vbuzzer can only use method 2.
It is perplexing that Voxee works but Vbuzzer doesn't. At first glance, your dial plans look ok to me.

Like you, I also wanted to have seamless support for 7, 10, and 11 digit numbers. I chose to implement it in the PAP2 rather than on VoXaLot, however, as I've had as many as five providers set up and didn't want to have three dial plans for each one. My PAP2 dial plan is:

Code:
(<911:15629042363>S0 |#x<:1562>[2-9]xxxxxx|#x<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |#x1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |<:1562>[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |[x*][x*].)
This allows me to dial 7, 10, and 11 digit numbers and have them arrive at VoXaLot consistantly as 11 digits. This also allows me to specify one of my alternate providers by simply prefixing the desired number with #n. Each provider requires only one dial plan using this approach. Arbitrary digit combinations are also supported to allow Sip Broker access.

Ron
Unread 04-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp
I also just tested the Web Callback feature. Using Voxee it works as it should, but using Vbuzzer my Voxalot phone rings but not the number in "Number to Dial."
Could you describe in detail what you had in each Web Callback field when it fails (exact phone numbers are not necessary). Also, is the "Number to Dial" through Sip Broker or registered on ENUM?

Ron
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #8
wmp

Thank you for the quick replies Ron. I will change my Sipura dial plan if need be as I previously had something similar to what you have shown, but Web Callback is still a problem. I just retested it and Voxee goes through but not Vbuzzer (and I do have enough $ prepaid).

Here's the Web Callback fields:
Your Number xxxxxx via VoXaLot
Number to Dial 1910xxxxxxx via Vbuzzer

The Number to Dial is my cell phone which is not ENUM registered or called through SIP Broker. Calling works when Vbuzzer is changed to Voxee.
Unread 04-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Ron

Would I be correct in assuming you have one port of your SPA2000 registered with VoXaLot and the other port registered with either Voxee or Vbuzzer, depending on which you're testing at that time? Is your SPA2000 also behind a router (what model)? If so, you might be fighting the same issues I had when I first tried to get Web Callback to work.

Prior to finding VoXaLot and especially prior to testing Web Callback, I was convinced everything was working perfectly here, VoIP-wise. My first tests with Web Callback were nothing but failures. In some cases, the calls wouldn't go through and in others I had one-way or no-way audio. I was using a Linksys WRT54G router with HyperWRT+tofu13c firmware. Finally, out of desperation, I switched to a Motorola WR850G router with DD-WRT v23 firmware. Like magic, everything VoXaLot related worked perfectly. I'm confident the different firmware is the key here, not the hardware platform.

A short while later I discovered that 3-way calling had audio problems with either firmware. To finally get everything working properly, I had to:

1. Use a STUN server with STUN Test enabled.

2. Set 'Substitute VIA Address' to Yes. All other VIA options have to be No.

3. Use explicit port range forwarding in the router for both SIP and RTP ports. If you have more than one ATA online, you must not have any overlapping port ranges across the devices.

Whether any of this has any bearing on your problem, I can't say.

Ron
Unread 04-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
wmp

Unhappy

Thank you Ron for all the suggestions. I am using a Linksys WRT54G v2 router with DD-WRT v23. I changed my dial plan to something similar to yours then changed the router and Sipura to your suggestions. Still nothing. I even put the Sipura in the routers DMZ and nothing. Other providers work fine, just not Vbuzzer. I even used the Vbuzzer IP address in the provider setup, but still no go. I have no idea what to do now.

Thank you again.