Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 07-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #211
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlevan View Post
yes I already did it but still no audio . the funniest thing is : with pbxes , I can make calls and receive calls without problem .

Another problemis when I dial to this number 00551155240268 . everytime when i dial to this number I have the information that my call cant be completed but if I use this provider outside voxalot the call is completed normally .
I really would like to solve these 2 problems to mcontinue with my premium account of voxalot
Thanks
If you have a STUN server and there is no local firewall blocking going on, then the N95 should work fine for audio both ways.

The 0055... number probably has to do with ENUM lookups, disable ENUM for the dial plan entry that is used (test dial plan to see which one if you are not sure).
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #212
Roj

Roj is on a distinguished road
Default Number can not connect - Nokia E65

Hi Martin,
My registration was successful, however any number I dial comes back with an automated message - "The number you have dialed can not be connected, please try again"

I used the Australian settings.

Please help,
Roj
Roj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #213
oliverlevan

oliverlevan is on a distinguished road

I have all the settings in the proper way and no firewall and even like this no audio . it is funny that if I use another vitrtual pbxes like liberailvoip or pbxes I dont have audio problems
oliverlevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #214
test1024

test1024 is on a distinguished road

I am having some issues connecting to Voxalot using my E90. I've used the stun settings but I receive "Registration Failed" unless I change the SIP Proxy to TCP rather than UDP. In this scenario though I get disconnected from the service after a certain period of time. I am a premium user and really like this service, and would only like to get the settings finalized before deploying it more widely.

Many thanks,
test1024
test1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #215

441516 is on a distinguished road
Default Battery drain

I have my E90 registered to voxalot over 3G and happily it stays connected.
Now I am facing another problem which is fast power drain from a full charge. It only lasts about 7 hours on standby and less after a few calls.
I installed Nokia Sip Settings tool. Is there anything I may not have configured correct? Refresh? Thanks.
PS: Voicemail and DTMF works. I have a mobile broadband only sim and configured Internet Telephone as default and barred same sim for incoming and outgoing calls. Data allowance is 5GB per month.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 03:14 AM   #216
affinity

3G uses more battery than GSM usually and using WLAN could also add to the drain.

I have a battery pack that I use to re-charge my phone at times, it works for the N95 -- I got it from Aldi, in fact I picked up a bunch of them so that I can help others with the same situation, but I am in Australia. The E90 isn't listed, but it probably uses the same standard new style Nokia charger. Perhaps you can see if someone in your area has the same type of battery pack.

You can also look at adjusting wireless power potentially and if you don't require bluetooth, then turn it off as it is also a battery drain.

See here for the portable battery:
New Standard battery chargers: Portable battery charger has slim lightweight design
Unread 07-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #217

Thank you for quick reply. If I change it to GSM only,will it add any delays in audio? I dont use wifi or bluetooth just 3g! What difference will it make if any changed made to refresh figure of 1200. Is that a refresh figure? Thank you again for advice on battery pack. I will go to our local Aldi here in Batley!
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #218
affinity

GSM won't cut it for data speeds, stick with 3G for HSDPA speeds. I don't have any advice on the refresh figure.
Unread 07-24-2008, 01:51 AM   #219

I have been experiminting and yes you are right GSM is not there at all and for a good call HSDPA is a must. Surprizingly battery drain is not fast on wifi compared to 3G/HSDPA.Occassionally calls end in less than two minutes for whatever reasons.
Does voice mail notification work? And how?
PS: E90 works perfectly and so does E51 if anyone would like to know.
Unread 07-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #220
affinity

I don't have any settings for voice mail notification on my N95 and am not aware of anything that can help here. My Sipura2100 device has voicemail indication working fine, I just pick up the phone and hear a different tone.

My solution to knowing if I have a voicemail message is to have my own mail server do a filter on the voxalot voicemail message -- it then sends an SMS to my mobile, the SMS costs me 5c per message (first 20 per month are provided free by my ISP). I don't use my mobile's voicemail any more, just voxalot's.