Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
kievitsbloem

kievitsbloem is on a distinguished road
Default Two Virtual Numbers

I have two virtual numbers (Europe and US). I would appreciate any help I can get in configuring these in voxalot such that I can pick up calls made to both the numbers.
kievitsbloem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kievitsbloem View Post
I have two virtual numbers (Europe and US). I would appreciate any help I can get in configuring these in voxalot such that I can pick up calls made to both the numbers.
Sigh. You didn't tell us anything about what options your "virtual number" provider gives you for how to receive inbound calls. And the answer to that general question, will make a HUGE difference as to what options you have for receiving calls (on these numbers) via VoXaLot.

For example:

1) Is your number provider both VoIP based, and SIP based (i.e. not something like Skype which is VoIP but NOT SIP based)? Unless your VoIP provider is both SIP and VoIP, your options will be limited. You may still be able to forward from your number provider to some other number you have listed with VoXaLot, but it will be a kludge at best.

2) Assuming your number provider(s) are SIP based VoIP, do they allow you to redirect the number to the SIP address of your choice? If so, simply tell those numbers, via whatever mechanism your number provider (not VoXaLot) has provided, to redirect to your VoXaLot account. For example, tell them to forward to:
sip:aaaaaaaa@voxalot.com
(where aaaaaaaa is your 8-digit VoXaLot account number)

3) If your number provider(s) don't allow forwarding, but are SIP based, do they work by letting a VoIP adapter "register" with their proxy? If so, you likely can't get them to work with VoXaLot's free service. However, they likely would work with the VoXaLot Premium (small annual fee) service, by installing them into your VoXaLot account as "registered" providers (the "registered" provider option is only available to paid VoXaLot accounts, not the free accounts).

Naturally, this is just "scratching the surface" of all the options/variables that might be involved. The point is, that there are some common techniques that often work (such as forwarding SIP accounts to a VoXaLot proxy, or "registering" using VoXaLot Premium). However, the exact details will very with the details of the provider you are using for your inbound "virtual numbers".
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
kievitsbloem

DracFelis,

I am a newbie in this field and hence may not have formulated my question precisely. Please bear with me.

I have two SIP numbers one from the US (SIPNumber.com) and one from Holland (budgetphone.com). As far as I am aware, there are no restrictions with either of these numbers being redirected.

I can directly configure only one of these numbers in the SPA 3000. I would like to receive calls made to either of these two numbers. As far as I can tell, there are two options atleast for achieving this one of them is to forward the second number to a VOIP accound such as VOIPBUSTER or using VOXaLot. From your posting, I understand that using a VoXaLot is an option as long as their are no restriction from the providers.

I have just registered with VoXalot. I have breifly looked at help section and the settings for Linksys SPA 3000 are clear. However, I could do with some hlep on configuring these numbers in my Voxalot account. Step by step instructions will be a great help

Thanks for your help.
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
kievitsbloem

Have had a more detailed look at configuring dial plans in VoXaLot and will appreciate any help I can get with the following :

1. What is pattern ? Is it part of the number or the complete number (including internation as well as national codes ?)

2. Provider - The only applicable choice in my case appears to be VoXaLot. Is this correct ?

3. ENUM Look - Is this my telephone number ? Should it include the inetrnational as well as national dialling codes ?

Is completing this dial plan adequate to have the calls forwarded to my Linksys SPA 3000. Would appreciate any help I can get.
Unread 08-07-2007, 08:29 AM   #5

130166 is on a distinguished road

About the incoming, I have a US sipnumber and Nl-budgetphone too. I have Voxlite and have voxalot register at Budgetphone and the sipnumber forwarded too xxxxxx@eu.voxalot.com. The lattest is possible too with Budgetphone I think if you have VoxBasic. But you can use your ATA too, I don't have.

About dialplan,
1 pattern can be either part(with _ or .) or whole number
2 You have to add providers first!(voipbuster, budgetphone, ...)
3 ENUM look : no that is the number you call, the format is countrycode without 00! + citycode + number (f.e. 31201234567)

Example providers(budgetphone, voipbuster) + NLdialplan, see attachment!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voxalot.pdf (41.9 KB, 19 views)
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #6
kievitsbloem

Thanks for your reply. It is helpful. On the basis of your message, I read that I need to select Voice Service Provider, which is a paid service in VoXaLot. Is this correct ?
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #7

130166 is on a distinguished road

Only incoming is paid service. Use of dialplan and providers for call out is still free. So use of providers and dialplan in my document is free in Voxalot.

Dutch:
Alleen registreren van voxalot account bij providers om gesprekken te ontvangen is betaalde service.
Als je Voxalot alleen gebruikt om uitgaand te bellen is het gratis. Om te bellen is registatie bij budgetphone en betamax(voipbuster, etc.) niet nodig, maar je moet de gegevens wel in je account invoeren en SIP Register=No.

Last edited by 130166; 08-07-2007 at 12:20 PM.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote