Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Question Visibility of Gizmo Project contacts which are at Voxalot?

Hello friends,

I have some Gizmo Project accounts registered at Voxalot. Voxalot shows them as "Registered". So everything seems to be fine and I should be able to call them. However when I start Gizmo Project on a Nokia N810, a Nokia E61 or the Gizmo project softphone on a laptop I always see them as offline. Why is that?

Shouldn't they be shown as online, because Voxalot is logged in?

Even more crazy: I can call them when I type their Gizmo names in the field. The calls go through and sound good. But it would be much easier to be able to just click on their icon. But the regarding icon is grey (=offline) and should be green (=online).

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I remember this behaviour being around for a while (even before all the Gizmo updates).... taking a wild guess here, but it seems Gizmo's presence feature is entrenched in the SoftPhone being online....

One reason maybe that if I am not wrong you can still click on an offline icon, and it'll ring if that person is registered via SIP, while online presence is there more to signal IM capability
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default Gizmo's answer

Here comes the official answer to my question:
Presence on our server is not handled by sip presence but rather xmpp(japper) presence. Any hardware device logged in by itself will still appear as offline.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
SIPphone Customer Care

More info at: http://forum.gizmoproject.com/viewto...?p=43148#43148

Last edited by mgoebel; 04-11-2008 at 11:55 AM.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote