Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
al2813

al2813 is on a distinguished road
Default Using other provider's voicemail

Hi. I have configured today my Voxalot account to recieve call on one SIP account and use another account for outgoing calls. All works fine except the voicemail. I do not want to use the voxalot voicemail but rather the voicemail on my account for incoming calls (I am using Belgacom i-Talk in Belgium and in fact this enables me to use all the features of my old PSTN number including the voicemail). Problem is that now incoming calls are just disconnected after about 20 rings without any voicemail kicking in. Any ideas?
al2813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2813 View Post
Hi. I have configured today my Voxalot account to recieve call on one SIP account and use another account for outgoing calls. All works fine except the voicemail. I do not want to use the voxalot voicemail but rather the voicemail on my account for incoming calls (I am using Belgacom i-Talk in Belgium and in fact this enables me to use all the features of my old PSTN number including the voicemail). Problem is that now incoming calls are just disconnected after about 20 rings without any voicemail kicking in. Any ideas?
There's no mobile-phone provider in between your construction ?
You use direct connections for the voice-mail options ?

Give more info on your setup !
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
al2813

al2813 is on a distinguished road

Voxalot: 3starsnet and Belgacom i-Talk as voice providers. I-talk registered in order to allow incoming calls. My router (supporting only one SIP provider) is configured for Voxalot.

I have only one rule in my dial plan. All calls go out via 3starsnet (I am going to add some rules in the future but as a start this is OK for me). All incoming calls via Belgacom i-talk which has my old PSTN number associated with it.

I would like to use the Belgacom provided voicemail and not the Voxalot one. Before I activated Vixalot my router was configured to I-talk directly and the voicemail worked fine. Since I configured it for Vixalot, the voicemail is not working. I disabled the Vixalot voicemail.

Again thanks for any advice!
al2813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Is Belgacom a registered provider in your Voxalot account, or is the call being forwarded to the Voxalot account?
If forwarded, Belgacom may not be monitoring if the call is picked up or not.

Also, the Voxalot rining timeout must still be set up on your Voicemail page to be longer than the Belgacom timeout.

If Belgacom is registerd in Voxalot, and the Belgacom ringing timeout is shorter than the Voxalot timeout, the the call should be picked up by the Belgacom Voicemail.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote