Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #21
smz

smz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smz
Default General Question about membership response...

You hit it on the money. By chance could you give me the same step by step that WMP did so I can put this in my smart dial plan. I am still a bit lost as it has a wizard that uses terms like "begins with" so I wanna desperately get this going but I guess reading through doc after doc makes things tougher for me. I've always been a hands on kind of guy and learn better that way. But I don't want to continue to take up your time on this. You've been more than helpful. But if you have a chance, Look at the previous post from WMP where he outlined the step by step. you could just copy and paste it and enter the correct info you provided me and I would be set. but at least you guessed what I wanted to do. My area code is 818 so ya it would be nice to dial a 7 digit number even though it has to pass 0118185556666 to voipcheap.

Thanks Again.
smz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #22
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

Hi, I just sent you a pm, call me..
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by smz View Post
I am still a bit lost as it has a wizard that uses terms like "begins with" so I wanna desperately get this going but I guess reading through doc after doc makes things tougher for me.
Rather than using the so-called Easy Settings, I go straight to Advanced Settings and enter the Pattern directly preceded by _ , for example _1800XXXXXX
Ironically, I find this somewhat easier than the Easy Settings.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #24
smz

Default General Question about membership response...

Thanks for everything. We had a good conversation on the telephone and I am now able to perform the task I want to. I will learn more about the shortcuts of the dialplan as I read the forums.

I asked this on the phone but he didn't know the answer. Does vox a lot support providers that use "outbound proxies"? and what about providers that require an "auth id" to be entered in order to use them?

I searched the knowledge base but no definitive answer.

Out of curiosity, does anyone out here have a ATA box made by telco systems called the ac-211? it was oem for Sunrocket who is bankrupt and all the admin codes have been posted so I have full control.

I cannot get it to make any outgoing calls with voxalot with the same configuration as the Sipura, Linksys Pap2, SPA2002, SPA1001, & Innomedia 6328
Every time I dial out, I get a busy signal and incoming calls are randomly received. Certainly not consistent.

Anyone who may have had sunrocket in the past or just got terminated could have this adapter.

I didn't see a stun setting for voxalot and I don't know if anything else can be done? I wouldn't have worried about it but it's free since they went bankrupt.

Take care.
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by casch View Post
Hi, I just sent you a pm, call me..
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #25
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

smz,

thanks for the flowers

Now I understand "auth id"!
At each line (each provider) I can define:
Display Name => display (but if I don't see my DisplayName)
User ID => to login at that ATA SPA941!
Auth ID => to login at the provider for that line
Use Auth ID (yes|no) yes: use Auth ID for provider-login, no use UserID fpr provider login.

You may have a look here. It is the adminguide for my SPA941 it might help you? Maybe you find there yours too?

--Stun: You can use whatever stun.server you want, I use voipDiscount: stun.voipdiscount.com.

VoipCheap has its one just look for it or you can use voxalot's, which I couldn't find rigt now but it doesn't matter just use another one.

Nice Weeked,
Carl
Unread 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #26
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default VSP settings in Voxalot, and Vox STUN server

Quote:
Originally Posted by smz View Post
I asked this on the phone but he didn't know the answer. Does vox a lot support providers that use "outbound proxies"? and what about providers that require an "auth id" to be entered in order to use them?
Try entering the VSP set up in the Advanced screen.
I have used the following which seems to work :

"From User", enter the SIP User_ID (this could be a verified phone number in some cases, and depends on the provider)
"From Domain", enter the SIP server address
"Username", enter the "Authenticate ID"
"Host", enter the outbound proxy

Quote:
I didn't see a stun setting for voxalot and I don't know if anything else can be done?
If your device supports it, use a STUN server setting. This definitely results in more reliable calls.
Perhaps that is why users notice a difference between using XLite and the hardware device, because XLite has a default STUN server setting.

Voxalot has it's own STUN server, but anyone should work if the server does not restrict who can use it.
The Voxalot STUN server is stun.voxalot.com.au:3478
You can also try stun.fwdnet.net:3478

Both STUN servers work well with Voxalot service.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 02:03 AM   #27
smz

Default great advice

that information is probably correct though a funny thing happened starting tonight... my provider (which uses locked ata's) suddenly is not working with my own Sipura/Linksys ATA when using my DSL Elite line. Though if I switch it to the gateway that has my DSL Pro Line on board, then everything is peachy. Could be a router issue or an IP problem. It does work again. But I did fail to get voxalot to get any calls routed successfully. My opinion is since they don't give the credentials and I found out the hard way, they are very particular about who is able to login. I think they are going as far as the user agent and if it doesn't match one of their OEM ATA's, then it won't even register. There is also the possibility that in order to route an outgoing call through them, it needs to be registered. I don't want to upgrade to Vox Lite to try this if it is just going to fail. So I have no way of testing that theory. I just know that My Sipura works fine with them when I pass through a user agent Including Innomedia as the string. That is one of their adapters they send out to people and provision.

But thanks a bunch again. I looked at the log of my provider and saw several attempts to dial out but with no call duration so it never went through. I get fast busy from Voxalot. The dial plan checks out when I test it on the web so that's the way it goes...

Take it easy.

P.S. anyone see post post about the Telco Systems AC-211 ATA? still having problems getting it to work with voxalot... It rings intermittently and will not making outgoing calls no matter what dial plan I have.

Last edited by smz; 08-04-2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: follow up without cluttering the forum