Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
johnjohn

johnjohn is on a distinguished road
Default [Siemens S675] Help with call foward (inward number?)

Hi,

I recently bought the Siemens S675 IP phone to be able to call VOIP.
I also have a voipbuster pro account and configured this into the phone itself.

Problem #1
The phone itself cannot call from voipbuster account to voipbuster account (apparently). Therefore i was thinking of getting an inward number for the voipaccount in my S675. I can then call that inward number and it will redirect me to the S675 phone itself.
Is this correct?

Question #1
Is the Voxlite package sufficient to get an inward number and to connect this to my voipbuster account/number?

Problem #2
I currently have an international mobile phonenumber in Hong Kong and my office is in The Netherlands.
Occasionally i want to redirect the office phone in The Netherlands to my phone in Hong kong. Ofcourse the normal way would mean to forward the call directly, but that will lead to high telephone bills.

Question #2
I have setup my own voipbusterpro account into my phone and can call other people through it.
Would it be possible to get another inward phonenumber for my voipbusteraccount and so be able to forward calls from the Netherlands to that inward number and into my voipbuster account again?
In other words, be able to forward calls long distance much cheaper?

Question #3
I know i have to pay an annual fee for the voxalot inward number, but do i have to pay when 'using' it?

Help is much appreciated, thank you in advance
johnjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
hnorgaar

hnorgaar is on a distinguished road

First of all, you dont need an account with Voxalot to reach your goal, as you dont get any inbound PSTN number with Voxalot. What you need is a DID number in Netherland, which is a virtual number that works as a bridge between VOIP and PSTN phone lines. When you have A DID number you forward your office number to the virtual number which you forward to your VOIP or PSTN line in Hong Kong.
Try it for free with DID World Wide, International DIDs forwarded to PSTN and VoIP by SIP, IAX, H323, Skype, Gtalk, MSN Messenger. Origination services, SIP DIDs
other providers is
https://www.callwithus.com/ with local Rotterdam number
and TerraSip UK VoWLAN, the Mobile Voice over IP VoIP-Community with many local numbers for Netherland, but with terrasip I am not sure you can forward to a SIP adress if that is what you want.
Good luck

Henrik
hnorgaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
johnjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnorgaar View Post
First of all, you dont need an account with Voxalot to reach your goal, as you dont get any inbound PSTN number with Voxalot. What you need is a DID number in Netherland, which is a virtual number that works as a bridge between VOIP and PSTN phone lines. When you have A DID number you forward your office number to the virtual number which you forward to your VOIP or PSTN line in Hong Kong.
Try it for free with DID World Wide, International DIDs forwarded to PSTN and VoIP by SIP, IAX, H323, Skype, Gtalk, MSN Messenger. Origination services, SIP DIDs
other providers is
https://www.callwithus.com/ with local Rotterdam number
and TerraSip UK VoWLAN, the Mobile Voice over IP VoIP-Community with many local numbers for Netherland, but with terrasip I am not sure you can forward to a SIP adress if that is what you want.
Good luck

Henrik

Thank you for your reply Henrik!
A DID number with forward to SIP is exactly what i needed.

The free DIDWW test worked like a charm.
Am thinking of going with callwithus.com as they dont have monthly fees (As DIDWW has)

Are there any more alternatives to callwithus that you know of?

thanks again!
Unread 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #4

130166 is on a distinguished road

I use dutch DID from Budget Phone Company your shortcut to VOIP for € 10/yearly.
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
johnjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130166 View Post
I use dutch DID from Budget Phone Company your shortcut to VOIP for € 10/yearly.
Hi,

Thank you for the link and i have checked the site.
Altough interesting i just emailed budgetphone to see if its possible to forward a prepaid telephone number to my voipbuster account and they say its not possible

Any other alternative DID numbers that can forward to voipbuster (or sip in general) accounts?

thanks again
Unread 06-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #6

130166 is on a distinguished road

Not to your voipbusteraccount, but to xxxxxx@eu.voxalot.com is possible(or was), I have read inother forums.
I have no experience because registered in my paid Voxalot account.
(I answer your PM in dutch later.)
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote